2,948 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have two numbers to check, i have been checking the on we were all supposed to and its the CRI-89 one, no updates since october. but i read here everyone was using the other number off the extension letter. and i have had this as moved to local office. my exception is tho i HAVE had biometrics

* - 18th August 2014 - I-129f Sent

* - 21st August 2015 - Recived at CSC

* - 30th September - NOA 1 Received

* - 3rd November - NOA 2 Received

-- was never sent to NVC, got it re approved --

* - 9th January - NOA 2 approved

* - 13th January - Notice from CSC that it was sent this time to NVC

* - 21st January - Received at NVC

* - 22nd January - Case Number assisgned

* - 31st January - left NVC for London

* - 6th Feb - Arrived at Embassy

* - 10th Feb - Packet 3 Received and DS-160 Filled out.

* - 25th February - Medical :dancing:

* - 26th February - readiness form sent

* - 7th April - Interview - approved

* - 14th April - Visa in hand.

* - 17th April Tickets booked http://itsalmo.st/#timetofly

15 minutes ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

My 'Case Was Received At My Local Office' has changed too today, from 26 Feb to 5 March. No clue what's going on, hoping to get some answers at my infopass appointment on 13 March. I am wondering now what'll happen to the formal process if they do allow me to have my biometrics appointment. Will I get the 2nd reference to track my case?

@Vincent Chu would you mind sharing what happened in your case?

I've been logging in these past few days after the USCIS maintenance tools outage both last week and last night.  So far for me... nothing has changed.  The date modified/updated is still marked as 2/27/2018.  So my case number in the online tool has not been touched since then.  After logging in... it still reads... 

my_logo.png

Case Was Received At My Local Office

On February 27, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number WACxxxxxxxxxxx, at your local office. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

NOTE: For those that may not have followed this thread prior, we were in the same boat as some of you being without a biometrics appointment letter.  We "forced" my way into the local Application Support Center office (Seattle - Tukwila, WA) via INFOPASS and ended up with postive results of our biometrics getting expedited the day of.  Wondering if there is any correlation of the "early" dates [2/25-27?] versus the "later" dates [3/4-5?] in relationship to whether the case has progressed only through (1) NOA receipt or (2) through NOA receipt and Biometrics complete.

See below for reference of Biometrics experience.  YMMV.

On 2/8/2018 at 9:20 PM, Vincent Chu said:

As most, if not all of us, October filers being processed at the CSC have not received biometrics appointment letters... we took a few measures just to get status updates and ensure our case wasn't abandoned (in hindsight probably an extreme claim... we were just getting anxious).  So we promptly received the NOA with receipt date a little less than a week after our packet had arrived to CSC.

However, we had tried to wait patiently over a month before we started to get anxious.  In result, we had called the USCIS 1-800 number a few times to get the same answer of "we cannot find your case information (based on the app number 1)" and "it's been over a month and your biometrics hasn't arrived??? that's weird...".  Then we had opened a Service Request (SR) mid Dec and received a response by the end of month saying we were added to the appointment scheduler.  Gave it another 2-3 weeks...

We then made an INFOPASS appointment for Feb 8th, then fast forward to today...

NOTE: May be helpful for those in the Seattle ASC service area... but YMMV.

We arrived for our INFOPASS appointment.  We went to the counter to the staff to explain that we had not received our biometrics letter, made several calls and opened an SR.  This staff member was too surprised that we hadn't received it after 1 month.  Since we are over 3 months out now... the staff made a call.  Soon we were brought over past the counter for fingerprint check-in into the waiting area for biometrics.  We spoke with the ASC Manager whom understood our concern but also said that since I-751 are fairly backlogged, shouldn't need to worry about biometrics just yet.  (***This still doesn't explain why most us Oct filers didn't get it, but subsequent months did***).  Anyways... took 10-15 minutes, but the Manager generated the ASC Appointment Notice right there and we were given a number to wait to get biometrics processed.  Long story short... they expedited it for us!  Either way... they told us not to worry... but feels like a burden is lifted not having to worry about waiting for the severely delay biometrics letter.  Lastly, he confirmed that once the 1 year extension passes and if the I-751/CRI-89 has not been approved yet... make another INFOPASS to get the I-551 stamp in the passport.  Also, we plan on applying to N-400 which we can do 90 days prior to the 1 year extension date -- so we'll do that to hopefully push this ROC along.  Anyways... trying to give some hope to the Seattleites, but remember... YMMV.

Now for the longer wait... Good Luck Everyone!

D&V Chu

K-1 Journey:
D (Hong Kong applicant) & V (US Citizen Petitioner) @ Seattle
***Commenced K-1 Fiance Visa Process on 11/28/14 and Completed K-1 Fiance Visa Process on 04/02/2015 - Timespan for K-1 Visa = 125 days (4 months)

***Commenced Adjustment of Status (AOS) Process on 06/09/2015 and Completed Adjustment of Status (AOS) Process on 02/03/2016 - Timespan for I-551 = 240 days (8 months)

***Commenced Removal of Conditions (ROC) Process on 10/25/2017 and Completed Removal of Conditions (ROC) Process on 10/23/2019 - Timespan for ROC and 10-year Green Card = 728 days

***Commenced Naturalization N-400 Process on 07/14/2019

2019 Jul 14 - N-400: D submited N-400 application, paid filing fee on USCIS Online Filing website.  IOE Receipt number issued.

2019 Jul 29 - N-400: D received official I-797C, Notice of Action for Biometrics appointment via mail - 15 days

2019 Aug 08 - N-400: D completes Biometrics Appointment at USCIS ASC Seattle (Tukwila, WA) - 10 days

2020 Dec 14 - N-400: D received official I-797C, Notice of Action for Interview Appointment on 01/05/2021 - 4 days

2020 Jan 01 - N-400: Processing time during COVID-19 Pandemic ~16 months

2021 Jan 05 - N-400: D attended N-400 Naturalization Interview at USCIS Seattle Field Office (Tukwila, WA) - 20 days

2021 Jan 05 - N-400: D passed interview/test, was recommended for Approval and scheduled for same day Oath Ceremony.

***Completed Naturalization N-400 Process on 01/05/2021 - Timespan for US Citizenship = 415 days

N-400 July / August 2019 Filers

N-400 Seattle Tracker

You could be onto something there @Vincent Chu. Perhaps CSC filers that haven't yet had their biometrics appointment (like me) now see the case status update 'received at local office' is changed to 5 March, but if you had that update around late Feb and DID complete biometrics, then no change on your status following last weekend's USCIS site update?

Did you get the 2nd receipt number after your successful 'forced' biometrics appointment? Just wondering if yes, how that got to you. I am hoping to do the same as you via an infopass (13 March) but now wondering what impact that will have on the formal process. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current status: UK and USA citizen

12-Mar-19: I-751 (WAC18026) + N400 combi interview

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

1 May 19: Voter registration card in-hand

3 May 19: USA passport in-hand

11 May 19: New SSN card in-hand

7 minutes ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

Did you get the 2nd receipt number after your successful 'forced' biometrics appointment? Just wondering if yes, how that got to you. I am hoping to do the same as you via an infopass (13 March) but now wondering what impact that will have on the formal process. 

Yes, I have both the I-751 (NOA) and the CRI-89 (biometrics) case numbers.

The story on the 2nd number:  When we went to our INFOPASS at the local ASC, after the staff member transferring us to the manager... the manager made a call (maybe to the National Customer Service Center?) to get approval to generate the biometrics notice on the spot.  Following, he was able to generate the notice for our review and let us take home that "drafted" copy.  The notice had both the I-751 (NOA) and the CRI-89 (biometrics) case numbers and barcodes at the bottom.

Some time the following week, our USPS alert said their was a letter from USCIS on the way.  After opening this letter, it was the same "drafted" copy biometrics notice we took home, however officially printed on letterhead/card stock as you would expect the I-797 typically delivered by mail.

D&V Chu

K-1 Journey:
***Commenced K-1 Fiance Visa Process on 11/28/14 and Completed K-1 Fiance Visa Process on 04/02/2015 - Timespan for K-1 Visa = 125 days (4 months)

***Commenced Adjustment of Status (AOS) Process on 06/09/2015 and Completed Adjustment of Status (AOS) Process on 02/03/2016 - Timespan for I-551 = 240 days (8 months)

***Commenced Removal of Conditions (ROC) Process on 10/25/2017 and Completed Removal of Conditions (ROC) Process on 10/23/2019 - Timespan for ROC and 10-year Green Card = 728 days

2019 Jul 14 - N-400: D submited N-400 application, paid filing fee on USCIS Online Filing website.  IOE Receipt number issued.

2019 Jul 29 - N-400: D received official I-797C, Notice of Action for Biometrics appointment via mail - 15 days

2019 Aug 08 - N-400: D completes Biometrics Appointment at USCIS ASC Seattle (Tukwila, WA) - 10 days

2020 Dec 14 - N-400: D received official I-797C, Notice of Action for Interview Appointment on 01/05/2021 - 4 days

2021 Jan 05 - N-400: D attended N-400 Naturalization Interview at USCIS Seattle Field Office (Tukwila, WA) - 20 days

2021 Jan 05 - N-400: D passed interview/test, was recommended for Approval and scheduled for same day Oath Ceremony.

***Completed Naturalization N-400 Process on 01/05/2021 - Timespan for US Citizenship = 415 days

N-400 Seattle Tracker

2 minutes ago, Vincent Chu said:

The story on the 2nd number:  When we went to our INFOPASS at the local ASC, after the staff member transferring us to the manager... the manager made a call (maybe to the National Customer Service Center?) to get approval to generate the biometrics notice on the spot.  Following, he was able to generate the notice for our review and let us take home that "drafted" copy.  The notice had both the I-751 (NOA) and the CRI-89 (biometrics) case numbers and barcodes at the bottom.

Some time the following week, our USPS alert said their was a letter from USCIS on the way.  After opening this letter, it was the same "drafted" copy biometrics notice we took home, however officially printed on letterhead/card stock as you would expect the I-797 typically delivered by mail.

That's really helpful! Thank you. Now I know what to expect if I can get my biometrics done next week. I am totally expecting to be turned away, but I'm going to give it a shot anyway!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

1 minute ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

That's really helpful! Thank you. Now I know what to expect if I can get my biometrics done next week. I am totally expecting to be turned away, but I'm going to give it a shot anyway!

Good luck to you guys!

D&V Chu

K-1 Journey:

N-400 Seattle Tracker

26 minutes ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

You could be onto something there @Vincent Chu. Perhaps CSC filers that haven't yet had their biometrics appointment (like me) now see the case status update 'received at local office' is changed to 5 March, but if you had that update around late Feb and DID complete biometrics, then no change on your status following last weekend's USCIS site update?

VSC filer (did biometrics last November) and my status was updated twice, last week and this morning. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

11 minutes ago, Vincent Chu said:

Biometrics and Infopass in one office at the same location?

I-751 journey

Well that blows that theory then! :)

Outcome

For anyone curious on the case number labeling of I-751 vs CRI-89... i stumbled onto this archived alert: https://www.uscis.gov/archive/archive-news/uscis-clarifies-language-form-i-751-transfer-notices-sent-petitioners

This happened back in Oct 2015.  The key takeaways I gather from this is...

• USCIS has always been good at misinforming people.  This article shows that the old "transfer notices" gave people the impression that they were approved when in reality it was just transferred for adjudication.
  • Yet again, "transfer" is only refering to Service Centers.  Today... typically only California and Vermont file I-751.  Based on this article, historically Nebraska and Texas also took on this workload.
  • The article specifically has text describing the former messaging and explanation:

From 10/19/2015: The current transfer notice currently contains the following phrase: “CRI89 approved removal of conditions (I89).” That statement means that the biometric portion of the case has been successfully transferred; it does not, however, mean that the petition itself was approved.

• Lastly, with us all on the edge of our seats... this message just encourages me to sit tight and wait...

From 10/19/2015: If the petitioner has not received additional information from the California or Vermont Service Centers, USCIS has not yet adjudicated the case.

Anyways... just to partially quench the thirst... but I'm still kind of itching for an official work from USCIS... if it will ever be communicated...

D&V Chu

K-1 Journey:

N-400 Seattle Tracker

3 minutes ago, WeGuyGal said:

Biometrics and Infopass in one office at the same location?

Yes, that's how it's setup in Seattle at least.  There's a larger waiting area room with numerous desks with partitions to talk to a staff member (similar to our Department of Licensing and SSA offices).  Then they have another sectioned off area for biometrics processing.  When we did the I-485, this was our first time at this ASC... we got through security and lined up with our I-485 biometrics notice, following, we came back to the same place for interview.

Are the offices in your area different?

D&V Chu

K-1 Journey:

N-400 Seattle Tracker

1 hour ago, -PiLoT- said:

I have two numbers to check, i have been checking the on we were all supposed to and its the CRI-89 one, no updates since october. but i read here everyone was using the other number off the extension letter. and i have had this as moved to local office. my exception is tho i HAVE had biometrics

The EAC number works too. My friend checked her case status with the EAC number and she got the same message that the file has been transferred to the local office. I checked mine but there is no change to my case as of today. We both had biometrics appointment done sometime in November.

8 minutes ago, Vincent Chu said:

Are the offices in your area different?

Yes, about 10 miles apart.. in the opposite direction. 

I-751 journey

Filed: Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

We completed out biometrics on 12/18/17

Checked our case status online this morning and it says case was transferred to the local field office March 4th.

Odd - so do you guys think there will be an interview involved? Are they really working on the cases now? Possible glitch?

I am also a VSC filer and the status was changed too. From Feb 26 to March 5 and still at my local office. 

Spoiler

xVozm5.png

s-event.pngs-event.pngs-event.png

USCIS

02/09/2015 - Husband mailed I-130 package to USCIS

02/11/2015 - NOA1 e-mail received, Vermont Service Center

02/20/2015 - NOA1 mail received

07/09/2015 - Approved! NOA2 e-mail received.

NVC

07/17/2015 - NVC received

08/06/2015 - Case number assigned, submitted DS-261 and paid AOS bill

08/15/2015 - Received welcome letter

08/15/2015 - Sent AOS & IV package

08/19/2015 - NVC received AOS & IV package (scan date)

08/21/2015 - Paid IV bill

08/24/2015 - submitted DS-260

09/04/2015 - Case Complete! (16 days after scan date)

09/10/2015 - Got interview date - Oct 27, 2015

09/14/2015 - Received interview letter (P4) via e-mail

Embassy

10/02/2015 - Medical done

10/27/2015 - Interview in Jakarta

10/27/2015 - Visa Approved! Praise the Lord :dancing:

10/28/2015 - CEAC status changed to issued

10/29/2015 - Visa in hand!

10/31/2015 - ELIS fee paid

11/26/2015 - POE : Washington, DC

12/23/2015 - Green Card in hand. Thank you Jesus! :star:

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)

I-751 Timeline

10/26/2017 - Mailed out our ROC package to VSC

10/28/2017 - Delivered at VSC

10/30/2017 - NOA dated

11/13/2017 - Received NOA letter in mail

11/27/2017 - Received biometrics appointment letter

12/04/2017 - Biometrics appointment

08/13/2018 - Received 18 months notice letter

12/18/2018 - New Card is being produced

12/27/2018 - Received 10-year GC in the mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.