2,948 posts in this topic

Just sharing this in case it helps anyone out there. I've been pouncing on our mailbox every day to check for my biometrics appointment. When I'm at home, my day revolves around the mailman coming! Anyway, I've now discovered the USPS Informed Delivery service. It's free to use, and you can see a dashboard online of all your incoming mail (and parcels) for the day - and you can track what's been delivered. 

If you sign up for the 'daily digest' you'll get an email which shows a photo of the front of any letters you're getting that day. So now I can relax a bit on my mailbox stalking, and just check my dashboard in the morning. I am hoping to see a letter from USICS very soon.

Wishful thinking...^_^

Edited by GoodbyeGirl
typos

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current status: UK and USA citizen

12-Mar-19: I-751 (WAC18026) + N400 combi interview

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

1 May 19: Voter registration card in-hand

3 May 19: USA passport in-hand

11 May 19: New SSN card in-hand

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
17 hours ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

Just sharing this in case it helps anyone out there. I've been pouncing on our mailbox every day to check for my biometrics appointment. When I'm at home, my day revolves around the mailman coming! Anyway, I've now discovered the USPS Informed Delivery service. It's free to use, and you can see a dashboard online of all your incoming mail (and parcels) for the day - and you can track what's been delivered. 

If you sign up for the 'daily digest' you'll get an email which shows a photo of the front of any letters you're getting that day. So now I can relax a bit on my mailbox stalking, and just check my dashboard in the morning. I am hoping to see a letter from USICS very soon.

Wishful thinking...^_^

thank you . every day i am checking my mail box .  like idiot . ))) this app safe my time)))

We feel ya Aloyzaswelcome to the long stretch! ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

My attempt at getting a biometrics app via the ' 'Non-Delivery on Notice' form got a response today (21 Feb):

---------------------------------

The status of this service request is:

On 02/13/2018, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your Form I-751 to notify us regarding an appointment to have your biometric images processed at an Application Support Center (ASC).  Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

We are unfortunately experiencing a longer processing period than what is reflected on your Form I-751 Receipt Notice for this process. Please know that your name has been electronically added to the appointment scheduler. You will receive an ASC appointment notice by mail once an appointment date has been established for you.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

---------------------------------------

Same update as when I attempted the service inquiry route. 

Ah well. Next stop, an infopass appointment. Going to shoot for that around early March time.

Outcome

Unless the process has changed in the last two years, I'm pretty sure it's USCIS. If you want to see what it looks like, check out the 'Life as Mrs Presson' site: http://www.mrspresson.com/immigration/i-751-removing-of-conditions-roc-petition/i-751-removing-of-conditions-roc-process-walkthrough/ 

Outcome

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
9 hours ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

Unless the process has changed in the last two years, I'm pretty sure it's USCIS. If you want to see what it looks like, check out the 'Life as Mrs Presson' site: http://www.mrspresson.com/immigration/i-751-removing-of-conditions-roc-petition/i-751-removing-of-conditions-roc-process-walkthrough/ 

Awesome, thank you!! It was weird because yesterday I received a letter from NVC and it kind of looked like a welcome letter ... but the weird thing was that is was my address with someone else’s name and not my husbands... so I kind of thought for a second they had sent me someone else’s info instead of my husbands ... I thought it was a mistake lol. But anyways okay thank you for clarifying now I know I am waiting for a letter from USCIS.... does anyone know what I should do about the letter I received? Should I take it to the post office and tell them no one with that name lives at this address.... my parents have lived at this address almost 20 years now!! Or should I contact nvc? What should I do? 

That's an odd one. 

I'm not experienced enough to know what the right answer is, but if it happened to me (and we do get mail at our address for people we don't know), I'd probably take some of these options:

• don't open it
  • take it to your local post office for advice
  • put it back in the mailbox marked 'not known at this address'
  • or before doing any of the above, call the NVC if you are sure it's from them, and see if they can shed any light

You may get some better responses though from other people. I wasn't expecting anything from the NVC in the ROC process as if I'm remembering right, all the correspondence for my 2-year green card came via USCIS. But I could be wrong! 

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Edited by GoodbyeGirl

Outcome

Ooooh... what does this mean? Checked my status today after seeing other VJ ROC filers posting the same thing. Think I'll give USCIS a call. I was going to try for an infopass appointment but now not sure if this means things are moving?

Slide1.JPG

Outcome

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

My husband did his biometrics back in November, we are in NJ so our Service Center is Vermont. I tried to check status on USCIS website and got an error message. Anyone know what's up with that?

I called USCIS and they said we have to use a number that is on the  biometrics receipt to track the case?! I even asked my friend who is an immigration attorney and she confirmed that's utter BS. 

K-1 Visa

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate: Mumbai, India

Met at University in UK: 2010

Engaged in India: 03/31/2014

I-129F Sent: 06/20/2014

NOA1: 06/25/2014

NOA2: 12/16/2014

NOA2 Hardcopy Received: 12/23/2014

Case Sent to NVC: 12/23/2014

NVC Case Number Assigned: 01/05/2015

Case Sent to Consulate: 01/08/2015

Case "Ready" at Consulate: 01/09/2015

Applied for PCC: 01/20/2015

PCC in hand: 02/23/2015

Medical: 01/23/2015

Completed DS-160 and paid visa fee: 02/20/2015

Interview: 03/13/2015 APPROVED :)--> Same day went into AP

Visa "issued" on CEAC webstie: 03/16/2015

:goofy: :goofy: Visa in hand! 03/18/2015 :goofy::goofy:

POE: 06/04/2015 :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

AOS Journey

06.11.2015- City Hall Wedding

06.29.2015- Mailed AOS Package

07.01.2015 - Package Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

07.02.2015- Date Received as per USCIS

07.09.2015- NOA1 for EAD/AP

07.24.2015- RFE :ranting:

08.13.2015- USCIS accepted RFE response

09.08.2015- EAD received

Waiting for the interview :clock:

12.19.2015 WE GOT THE GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL!!!!! No interview :)

ROC

10.25.2017 ROC packet received by VT Service Center

11.02.2017- Received NOA dated 10.26.2017

11.29.17- Completed Biometrics

Waiting for the interview :clock:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
On 2/21/2018 at 6:50 PM, GoodbyeGirl said:

My attempt at getting a biometrics app via the ' 'Non-Delivery on Notice' form got a response today (21 Feb):

---------------------------------

On 02/13/2018, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your Form I-751 to notify us regarding an appointment to have your biometric images processed at an Application Support Center (ASC).  Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

We are unfortunately experiencing a longer processing period than what is reflected on your Form I-751 Receipt Notice for this process. Please know that your name has been electronically added to the appointment scheduler. You will receive an ASC appointment notice by mail once an appointment date has been established for you.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

---------------------------------------

Same update as when I attempted the service inquiry route. 

Ah well. Next stop, an infopass appointment. Going to shoot for that around early March time.

I tried this as well, got pretty much the same email...

On 02/13/2018, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your I-751 / CRI89 to notify us that you have not received your biometrics appointment notice. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

Thank you for your inquiry regarding an appointment to have your biometric images processed at an Application Support Center (ASC). We are unfortunately experiencing a longer processing period than what is reflected on your Form I-751 Receipt Notice for this process. Please know that your name will be electronically added to the appointment scheduler if needed. Some applicants will be able to have their prior biometrics copied into our systems and will not be scheduled for a new appointment. You will receive an ASC appointment notice by mail once an appointment date has been established for you if you in fact require an appointment.

I'm really hoping it won't be three more months, this is incredible and nerve wracking....

I'm with you on the nerves Enya_b!

I called USCIS and ended up talking to a tier 2 supervisor as the information the initial agent gave me was a rehash of what's generally available. The recorded announcement on my case did ask me to wait another 180 days (about 5 months I think) before inquiring again. Wish I had that kind of patience. ;)

Here's what I was told... (I doubt set in stone, I've had conflicting information from USCIS on inquiries before)

• my case was transferred to the local office as an interview is likely, but she was talking very generally about I-751s, not my particular case
  • though I haven't had my biometrics appointment yet, the case investigation and that appointment are worked on concurrently (I thought it went to review once the fingerprints were in)
  • I can make an infopass appointment to try and get my biometrics done, but there's a good chance I'll be turned away and told to wait for the official appointment
  • the only time frame the supervisor could give was what's published, and that I'll probably be waiting around 1.5 years for an outcome on my application (filed Oct-17 so Mar-19 if I am granted the 10 year green card)

A lot could change though, and for all I know, things could pick up at CSC (where I filed) and the backlog could clear. I think I'll still attempt an infopass appointment and brace for rejection as I'd rather try.

Good luck to all, hang in there!

Outcome

@GoodbyeGirl I too see the new "Case Was Received At My Local Office" status update for our ROC. Not sure what it means.. keep us posted what you find out if you talk to USCIS. Hopefully the local office would process i751s faster than VSC

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Many folks are seeing Case Was Received At My Local Office in their online status because they have transferred the case to the nearest office to make a decision. From here you may or may not need an interview. Also sometimes they transfer cases between each service centers to balance the workload. You can track those here - https://www.uscis.gov/workload-transfers 

Edited by vi__vi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.