Yaztalksalot

October 2017 AOS filers (merged)

2,792 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Happy Monday October Filers!

We just received our interview notice from the San Jose office this weekend. It was a lot faster than expected as a lot of people who filed in October are still waiting for their EAD/AP. Here's our timeline:

10/18/17 - NOA for AOS and EAD

11/13/17 - Biometrics

11/24/17 - NOA for AP (We sent out our AP application after EAD but still received the combo card)

12/14/17 - EAD Approved

12/22/17 - EAD/AP Approved

12/30/17 - Received social security card (applied as part of AOS)

01/06/18 - Received Interview Notice for 02/02/18

For those who have not received their EAD/AP, hang in there. Should be any day now. Goodluck to all!

Edited by elle.and.elle

2 hours ago, Umang Shukla said:

I spoke with level 1 and asked for level 2 the wait time was 155 minutes. So requested a call back a few minutes ago. Want to find out why is EAD/AP taking so long. Receipt of the AOS Package 10/3/17.

Did they call you back yet? I was thinking they process these applications in the order they receive. This is really frustrating. :( 

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Just now, F2AOct said:

Did they call you back yet? I was thinking they process these applications in the order they receive. This is really frustrating. :( 

not yet

Category:                       F2A (Wife Green card Holder)

Current Visa:                 H1B

I-130 Priority Date:       09 March 2016

I-130 Service Center:   CSC

I-130 Approval:             18 July 2016

I-485, I-765, I-131:        03 Oct 2017

Filing Location:             NBC (MSC)

I-485, I-765 FP/Bio:      02 Nov 2017

Field Office:                  Jacksonville, FL

EAD/AP:                         04 May 2018

AOS Interview Date:     30 July 2018

RFE for I-693:                06 Aug 2018
RFE Response:             08 Aug 2018
AOS Case Approved:   17 Aug 2018
Green Card Received:   Pending

Timeline

15 minutes ago, F2AOct said:

I also thought that they process these applications in the order they receive and My Biometrics was completed on 11/2/17. Its been too long wait now. Thankfully I am on H1B Visa extension which is good until May 2019, I don't want to go through the hassle of new H1B Visa stamping in India. But I will need a EAD/AP to travel and change employers.

I had to cancel my India trip as no EAD/AP yet.

Edited by Umang Shukla

21 minutes ago, Umang Shukla said:

I also thought that they process these applications in the order they receive and My Biometrics was completed on 11/2/17. Its been too long wait now. Thankfully I am on H1B Visa extension which is good until May 2019, I don't want to go through the hassle of new H1B Visa stamping in India. But I will need a EAD/AP to travel and change employers.

I had to cancel my India trip as no EAD/AP yet.

That extremely sucks that you had to cancel your India trip :(  I was reading some other forums and someone mentioned that after your biometrics its like a 2-3 month wait. Hard to believe since we are seeing so many others getting approvals. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, F2AOct said:

That extremely sucks that you had to cancel your India trip :(  I was reading some other forums and someone mentioned that after your biometrics its like a 2-3 month wait. Hard to believe since we are seeing so many others getting approvals. 

BTW did not get a phone call even after 155 mins. so called back and now the wait time is 277 minutes. LOL !

2 minutes ago, Umang Shukla said:

BTW did not get a phone call even after 155 mins. so called back and now the wait time is 277 minutes. LOL !

:o:o:o:o:o:o 

You think its better if you just stay on the phone instead of have them call you back? 

Anyone who called USCIS to speak to level 2 officer...could you please share if you had USCIS call back or you stayed on hold for eternity until you heard an officers voice? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
55 minutes ago, elle.and.elle said:

Happy Monday October Filers!

We just received our interview notice from the San Jose office this weekend. It was a lot faster than expected as a lot of people who filed in October are still waiting for their EAD/AP. Here's our timeline:

10/18/17 - NOA for AOS and EAD

11/13/17 - Biometrics

11/24/17 - NOA for AP (We sent out our AP application after EAD but still received the combo card)

12/14/17 - EAD Approved

12/22/17 - EAD/AP Approved

12/30/17 - Received social security card (applied as part of AOS)

01/06/18 - Received Interview Notice for 02/02/18

For those who have not received their EAD/AP, hang in there. Should be any day now. Goodluck to all!

Congratulations!!! Did the letter come from san jose office or nbc

10/26/2017: Priority Date - AOS

11/29/2017: Biometrics Appointment

12/21/2017: EAD/AP Approval in 56 Days

12/18/2018: Interview Day | Approved on the Spot

12/22/2018: Received Green Card (10 Years)

N-400 Application (Orlando)

09/20/2021 - Early Filing Online (3 year -married to US Citizen)

09/20/2021 - Received NOA & status changed to "Case being actively reviewed" & Biometric Reuse

03/31/2022 - Interview in West Palm Beach Fl

- Recommended for Approval & Oath Ceremony will be scheduled notice (My application includes request for name change)

06/16/2022 - Judicial Naturalization Ceremony 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, F2AOct said:

:o:o:o:o:o:o 

You think its better if you just stay on the phone instead of have them call you back? 

Anyone who called USCIS to speak to level 2 officer...could you please share if you had USCIS call back or you stayed on hold for eternity until you heard an officers voice? 

I called 2 weeks ago because my receipt # still didnt work and was told prior to call after 30 days which i did. The lady prob had phone log because she initiated the transfer to tier2 without me asking. The wait time said 140mins but i got a call back within 30mins

Edited by shakeyy

10/26/2017: Priority Date - AOS

11/29/2017: Biometrics Appointment

12/21/2017: EAD/AP Approval in 56 Days

12/18/2018: Interview Day | Approved on the Spot

12/22/2018: Received Green Card (10 Years)

N-400 Application (Orlando)

09/20/2021 - Early Filing Online (3 year -married to US Citizen)

09/20/2021 - Received NOA & status changed to "Case being actively reviewed" & Biometric Reuse

03/31/2022 - Interview in West Palm Beach Fl

- Recommended for Approval & Oath Ceremony will be scheduled notice (My application includes request for name change)

06/16/2022 - Judicial Naturalization Ceremony 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 hour ago, shakeyy said:

Congratulations!!! Did the letter come from san jose office or nbc

From NBC. I meant to say we received our interview notice FOR the SJ office. 

Thank you, good luck with your application!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

I received my approval notice for EAD/AP today!!! God, finally. Notice is dated 1/2, which would make it 92 days.

also just got the notification of a first class mail item from Lees Summit so that must be my combo card. Yay!!!

online never updated by the way, and even though I called that same day to raise a SR, T1 didn’t know that I was approved. Online also is and stayed the same this whole time. 

Timeline

A few questions...

for the timeline section on this forum. Does “Date filed” mean the date that I sent the application to USCIS? Or the date that it says they received it? 

How long did it take for you to get your SSN after requesting one? Is it issued on the spot at the SSN office ?

2 hours ago, Mica711 said:

I received my approval notice for EAD/AP today!!! God, finally. Notice is dated 1/2, which would make it 92 days.

also just got the notification of a first class mail item from Lees Summit so that must be my combo card. Yay!!!

online never updated by the way, and even though I called that same day to raise a SR, T1 didn’t know that I was approved. Online also is and stayed the same this whole time. 

Congratulations! :) 

If the letter is dated 1/2 ...did it not show up on informed delivery? 

Also, are you K1-Visa? 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, F2AOct said:

Congratulations! :) 

If the letter is dated 1/2 ...did it not show up on informed delivery? 

Also, are you K1-Visa? 

Thank you! :)

It did show up, today ! I only get informed delivery on the day that the letters arrive, so this morning I did get the notification about my approval notice. In the afternoon I got an email with the tracking for a first class “package” from Lees Summit that is supposed to be here by Wednesday. Until today I didn’t get anything even though the notice seemed to have mailed on 1/2. 

I am not K1. I’m adjusting from VWP (ESTA). It seems like most K1 people got theirs first, so I’m happy that mine finally made it ! What visa are you adjusting from?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.