Yaztalksalot

October 2017 AOS filers (merged)

2,792 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cuba
Timeline

I sent my renew package for employment authorization two weeks ago, today I've received the form I-797C telling me they're processing my case and I got a new tracking code for followup. Ticket status says: Case Was Updated To Show All Fingerprints Were Taken And Case Is In Process.

Nothing new regarding my GC, still: Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview 😭

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, DayDayDay said:

I sent my renew package for employment authorization two weeks ago, today I've received the form I-797C telling me they're processing my case and I got a new tracking code for followup. Ticket status says: Case Was Updated To Show All Fingerprints Were Taken And Case Is In Process.

Nothing new regarding my GC, still: Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview 😭

My EAD was sent to wrong address. Never got it. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I did a SR on 8/23/18 to resend my EAD because it went to the wrong address and I never got it. When do you think USCIS will mail it again?

I had my interview on Sept 11th in Manhattan New York. The questions we got asked are simple, eg: when did you meet, have you met his parents, the generic questions on form 485.... the entire process went less than 20 min.

I believe it went well, since then I have been checking online there was no update at all. So I called USCIS customer service, they said it was approved the next day. 

Hope all Oct. filers get your interview soon! Cheerssss.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Eat_Pray_Love said:

I had my interview on Sept 11th in Manhattan New York. The questions we got asked are simple, eg: when did you meet, have you met his parents, the generic questions on form 485.... the entire process went less than 20 min.

I believe it went well, since then I have been checking online there was no update at all. So I called USCIS customer service, they said it was approved the next day. 

When did you call USCIS? Have you received your GC? My interview was on Aug 21, 2018. It went well. He did not ask much questions. He said i will send you decesion within 60 days. He hold all evidences and some pictures. I am checking online status but no update at all. I am worried now why they are taking long. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Eat_Pray_Love said:

My interview was in Long Island suffolk office

57 minutes ago, cheema1 said:

When did you call USCIS? Have you received your GC? My interview was on Aug 21, 2018. It went well. He did not ask much questions. He said i will send you decesion within 60 days. He hold all evidences and some pictures. I am checking online status but no update at all. I am worried now why they are taking long. 

I called them two days after my interview. My online status did not change either, but the customer representative told me it's been approved in their end.

You may try to call them if there is an update, or speak to a tier 2 officer. If they told you it will take up to 60 days, then it's within normal processing time. Every case is different.

Good luck, hope u hear from them soon!

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Eat_Pray_Love said:

I called them two days after my interview. My online status did not change either, but the customer representative told me it's been approved in their end.

You may try to call them if there is an update, or speak to a tier 2 officer. If they told you it will take up to 60 days, then it's within normal processing time. Every case is different.

Good luck, hope u hear from them soon!

But at the end of interview officer said do not contact before 60 days. We are unable to update before 60 days. IS this ok if i call now? Can they provide me any information? When did you get your GC card?

Just now, cheema1 said:

But at the end of interview officer said do not contact before 60 days. We are unable to update before 60 days. IS this ok if i call now? Can they provide me any information? When did you get your GC card?

Well I think you have a right to call customer service, if they don't have update, then you will have to wait until 60 days.

I have NOT received GC, i just interviewed 3 days ago.....

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Eat_Pray_Love said:

8003755283, or simply google USCIS customer service number....

They operate 8-5 EDT. 

I call but he said no updated information yet. You have to wait 60 to 90 days. You may call back after one month to check again.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Any Seattle filers on here? Still nothing back on my I-485... I heard some rumors that the Seattle office is apparently focusing on employment based I-485s? Might just be chitter chatter.. but here hasnt been any updated timelines for interviews since May 😓

2 hours ago, Jaimekr08 said:

Any Seattle filers on here? Still nothing back on my I-485... I heard some rumors that the Seattle office is apparently focusing on employment based I-485s? Might just be chitter chatter.. but here hasnt been any updated timelines for interviews since May 😓

Similar here. Anyone from Santa Ana?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.