Yaztalksalot

October 2017 AOS filers (merged)

2,792 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
54 minutes ago, SamSam85 said:

It does seem that F2A is slower than other categories. I am in the same boat. I wonder why USCIS does this differentiation

I am F2B so I guess my wait will be even longer :( ....

1 hour ago, SamSam85 said:

It does seem that F2A is slower than other categories. I am in the same boat. I wonder why USCIS does this differentiation

I don't think for EAD, the categories you belong matters. Only God knows the dysfunctional criteria they are using. I'm a K1 applicant for AOS. My petition date is 10/06/17, no RFE; 88 days now and still no EAD despite repeated calls and raising SR.   It is so frustrating!!!

Just now, Strategistsanmi said:

I don't think for EAD, the categories you belong matters. Only God knows the dysfunctional criteria they are using. I'm a K1 applicant for AOS. My petition date is 10/06/17, no RFE; 88 days now and still no EAD despite repeated calls and raising SR.   It is so frustrating!!!

I am trying to speculate because no one was issued EAD under F2A category on this forum, so I can guess is that they put us behind in the Queue vs. K filers, but I could be wrong, only God knows what happens at USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Just wanted to share my (happy) timeline since I've been quietly watching everyone elses for about 2 months:

09/29/17 - Shipped paperwork via UPS to Chicago

10/03/17 - tracking shows Delivered (also the official received date on the 797 notices we received in the mail on 10/14)

10/10/17 - text & E-mail from USCIS (technically it was 10/11 at 12:25AM)

10/12/17 - Check cashed

10/14/17 - 3 797s received in the mail (AOS, EAD, AP)

10/27/17 - Biometrics appt notice received

11/09/17 - Biometrics appt completed at Baltimore office (as scheduled)

12/21/17 - EAD/APP approval letters received (2 letters/Approval date: 12/15)

12/23/17 - EAD/AP combo card received via USPS Priority Mail

A few related notes:

The EAD/AP paperwork was filed along with AOS based on a K-1 Visa - after the marriage date now, of course.

No AOS interview letter received as yet. But the EAD was the main thing we were waiting for.

As everyone else is reporting - nothing was updated on our online case status beyond "Case was received".

But thanks to this forum, I wasn't as stressed about that - because I knew that any given day good news could arrive in the mail.

The biggest wait with no news/change was between the Biometrics appt and the approval letters. (42 days)

Total days from Paperwork received date by USCIS to EAD/APP card in hand: 81 days

A big thanks to everyone in this forum who recommended "Informed Delivery". I signed up last month and it was very cool

seeing the scanned approval letters (just the front of the envelopes, of course) the morning of arrival - before they were in my mailbox.

I was also able to use Informed Delivery to know the EAD/AP card was on the way. As others have mentioned, with ID you can track packages

before arrival. (via the USPS website) This was awesome because I knew on 12/21 that the actual card was already on the way. The card arrived in a "slightly bigger than envelope size" USPS Priority mail

envelope but was still counted as a package by Informed Delivery.

Good Luck to everyone and I hope this info proves helpful to my fellow October filers...

20 hours ago, Umang Shukla said:

The SR is raised but not assigned so no update whatsoever..

After how many days did you call them and they told you that the SR hasn't been assigned to anyone? Did they tell you anything else...like call or you will hear something in x amount of days? 

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 minutes ago, F2AOct said:

After how many days did you call them and they told you that the SR hasn't been assigned to anyone? Did they tell you anything else...like call or you will hear something in x amount of days? 

They said that I will hear back within 21 days. I will call them back today

Edited by Umang Shukla

Category:                       F2A (Wife Green card Holder)

Current Visa:                 H1B

I-130 Priority Date:       09 March 2016

I-130 Service Center:   CSC

I-130 Approval:             18 July 2016

I-485, I-765, I-131:        03 Oct 2017

Filing Location:             NBC (MSC)

I-485, I-765 FP/Bio:      02 Nov 2017

Field Office:                  Jacksonville, FL

EAD/AP:                         04 May 2018

AOS Interview Date:     30 July 2018

RFE for I-693:                06 Aug 2018
RFE Response:             08 Aug 2018
AOS Case Approved:   17 Aug 2018
Green Card Received:   Pending

1 hour ago, Umang Shukla said:

They said that I will hear back within 21 days. I will call them back today

Please let us know what they say. I will be calling them January 15th if I don't hear anything from them before then. They told me to wait for 15-30 days to hear something when I called to put in an SR.  

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline
7 hours ago, F2AOct said:

Please let us know what they say. I will be calling them January 15th if I don't hear anything from them before then. They told me to wait for 15-30 days to hear something when I called to put in an SR.  

Told me to wait another 2 weeks so will be calling around 18th jan

Category:                       F2A (Wife Green card Holder)

Current Visa:                 H1B

I-130 Priority Date:       09 March 2016

I-130 Service Center:   CSC

I-130 Approval:             18 July 2016

I-485, I-765, I-131:        03 Oct 2017

Filing Location:             NBC (MSC)

I-485, I-765 FP/Bio:      02 Nov 2017

Field Office:                  Jacksonville, FL

EAD/AP:                         04 May 2018

AOS Interview Date:     30 July 2018

RFE for I-693:                06 Aug 2018
RFE Response:             08 Aug 2018
AOS Case Approved:   17 Aug 2018
Green Card Received:   Pending

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
3 hours ago, eunahlee92 said:

Does anyone have an idea why online status is not updating at this time for us?!!  I saw so many reviews on blogs, but they all had good updates so they knew what was going on!

I'm curious myself ....😔

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
3 hours ago, eunahlee92 said:

Does anyone have an idea why online status is not updating at this time for us?!!  I saw so many reviews on blogs, but they all had good updates so they knew what was going on!

Tell me about it!!

did you ever receive your card ?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 minute ago, eunahlee92 said:

still nothing! I really wonder why they approved mine lol 

That’s so strange. I know you got approved a while ago for it. 

USCIS should be back to work this week so hopefully some of us will get updates !

2 minutes ago, Mica711 said:

That’s so strange. I know you got approved a while ago for it. 

USCIS should be back to work this week so hopefully some of us will get updates !

I'm half way giving up haha I was gonna go back to Korea this winter break but I only have about 3 weeks till school starts....

When you raised for expedite , did you do on USCIS website? because I didn't see any service request saying "expedite"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.