dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview November 2017

501 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, cleon86 said:

Anyone else with an upcoming interview date completely freaking out??? Our lawyer informed us very last minute I needed to mail my husband some documents to take to the interview. I’ve never mailed him anything so I’m feeling very nervous. I sent the packet via DHL and it should be arriving late this week but with the interview the 19th I’m literally sick to my stomach with worry that something will happen and it won’t arrive in time. The lawyer said I had to mail him a new I-864 with original ink signatures but I swear I read on travel.state.gov you can take a copy but the signatures just can’t be electronic. They’re also having me send my original birth certificate and my original W2s. If something happens to the packet will copies of these 3 items be ok? Ahhhhhhhh! This is making me crazy. 

Hi! My husband just had his interview last Friday, and before that, I was just like you. I was freaking out! Lol! Also, just like you, our lawyer asked me to send a new AOS form with ink signatures. My husband got all the documents in time for his interview, but the consular officer never asked for them. They only asked for his birth certificate, marriage certificate, and police clearance. I agree with hitexuga... i think they only ask you to bring new AOS forms in case something happens to the ones NVC has and also if you need to make changes/updates. I know it’s hard to relax at this point... but it will all be over soon. :) good luck! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
12 hours ago, cleon86 said:

I'll probably have to sell a kidney to get there lol.

Hahaha you just made me laugh so badly. Oh Lord!! this process will show us everything. I can imagine you being worried, I will be too. Anyway, I am already worried now. Ever since I started this Process I am worried lol. I am trying to say that it’s ok to be worried, but it will be fine. We’ll pray that your package gets there on time. You came from so far for everything to collapse now at the end. You can keep your kidney 😅

13 hours ago, T&F said:

Hahaha you just made me laugh so badly. Oh Lord!! this process will show us everything. I can imagine you being worried, I will be too. Anyway, I am already worried now. Ever since I started this Process I am worried lol. I am trying to say that it’s ok to be worried, but it will be fine. We’ll pray that your package gets there on time. You came from so far for everything to collapse now at the end. You can keep your kidney 😅

Exaclty! I don't feel like I've stopped worrying for the past 12.5 months. 10 more days until the interview and it will all be over thank God. Thank you for your prayers, they're much needed and appreciated! 

USCIS
09/23/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/16/2017: Case transferred to Texas Service Center

05/6/2017: NOA2, did not receive electronic notification

05/12/2017: Received NOA2 via snail mail 

05/18/2017: Notification received on App that case was sent to NVC
NVC
05/23/2017: Case received at NVC

06/01/2017: Received case and invoice number via phone

06/06/2017: Received e-mail with case and invoice number, fees paid

06/20/2017: DS-260 submitted and AOS/IV package sent 

06/22/2017: Scan Date

08/23/2017: Case in Review Department

08/25/2017: Case Complete 

10/19/2017: Interview (Approved!!)

10/24/2017: POE - Houston, Texas  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
55 minutes ago, cleon86 said:

Exaclty! I don't feel like I've stopped worrying for the past 12.5 months. 10 more days until the interview and it will all be over thank God. Thank you for your prayers, they're much needed and appreciated! 

Lol the all process can give hypertension , but at the end we will all surely smile and our dream will become reality 

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Godisincontrol said:

Hello guys , on my caec website my case status shows READY, please what's the meaning of that? 

Your case is at the Consulate in Lagos, and ready for your interview. Congrats.

CR-1 Visa

Married in Akure, Ondo State, Nigeria on 29 September 2016 - Civil Marriage
** USCIS **

Service Center: Potomac

Consulate : Lagos, Nigeria 

I-130 Sent: 2016-12-03

I-130 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox: 2016-12-05

I-130 NOA1: 2016-12-08

Oko mi was baptized, confirmed, and received into the Catholic Church in Akure, Nigeria: 2017-04-15 at the Easter Vigil Mass!

Marriage Convalidated in the Catholic Church, Akure, Nigeria: 2017-04-16 Easter Morning! 

I-130 Approved : 2017-05-19

** NVC **

NVC Received : 2017-06-01

NVC Case Number Assigned: 2017-06-15
Received DS-261/AOS Bill: 2017-06-21

Pay AOS Bill: 2017-06-21
Receive IV Bill : 2017-06-23
Pay IV Bill : 2017-06-23

Receive I-864 Package : 2017-06-28

Send AOS Package : 2017-07-01

Submit DS-261 :  2017-06-21

Send IV Package : 2017-07-01
Scan Date: 2017-07-07

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : 2017-09-30

Case Completed at NVC : 2017-09-01

----------------------------

Interview Date : 2017-11-22

Interview Result : Approved! Thanks be to God!

Visa Received : 2017-11-27
US Entry : 2017-12-08 Atlanta

Timeline
7 hours ago, Kosi Wahala said:

Your case is at the Consulate in Lagos, and ready for your interview. Congrats.

Thanks brother have u got an interview date yet?

Timeline
On 06/10/2017 at 2:34 PM, Cyropay said:

My UK police clearance expires this month and my interview is November. I do not live in the UK anymore since March 2016. Do I still need to provide a new police clearance from that country for my interview?

What does the statement below mean:

The embassy may require additional documents at the interview.  For example, if the following three items are all true, the applicant must bring a new police certificate to the visa interview:

• •    He or she is more than 16 years old;
  • •    The police certificate submitted to NVC was obtained more than one year ago; and
  • •    He or she still lives in the country that issued the certificate.

If you now live in Nigeria, You can do a police report at Alagbon for #10k and take it for the interview. It expires after 3month

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
12 hours ago, Godisincontrol said:

Hello guys , on my caec website my case status shows READY, please what's the meaning of that? 

It means you're ready to be interviewed and your case file is present at the oversea embassy. In your case, in Lagos.

Received this email today from the embassy plus a phone call letting me know what documents my husband needs to bring to the interview. Of course he's going to take all of them, but this is saying they want to see originals of the following documents. It's kind of nice knowing exactly what they want to see. Now to see if that's all they really ask for! 

Presente el dia de su entrevista los siguientes documentos:

·         Solvencia de la Policía Nacional Civil de El Salvador. (Police Certificate)

·         2 fotografías recientes de frente, tamaño 2 X 2, fondo blanco. (2 recent passport style photos) 

·         Partida de nacimiento original. (Original birth certificate)

·         Partida o certificado de matrimonio original de usted con su peticionario. (Original marriage certificate) 

·         Partida de divorcio original de su peticionario  (Original divorce certificate of the petitioner) 

Edited by cleon86

USCIS
09/23/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/16/2017: Case transferred to Texas Service Center

05/6/2017: NOA2, did not receive electronic notification

05/12/2017: Received NOA2 via snail mail 

05/18/2017: Notification received on App that case was sent to NVC
NVC
05/23/2017: Case received at NVC

06/01/2017: Received case and invoice number via phone

06/06/2017: Received e-mail with case and invoice number, fees paid

06/20/2017: DS-260 submitted and AOS/IV package sent 

06/22/2017: Scan Date

08/23/2017: Case in Review Department

08/25/2017: Case Complete 

10/19/2017: Interview (Approved!!)

10/24/2017: POE - Houston, Texas  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 10/6/2017 at 11:50 AM, dianajmartinez said:

I called NVC and they mentioned they schedule during the first 2 weeks of each month. I was also informed they are currently scheduling for Nov. dates. that they are scheduling this week and next week and depending on how many dates the CDJ embassy provides the NVC with we either get one or wait until next month. I am praying we get ours :wacko:

I'm waiting since September 13, called NVC and they are not helpful at all. i  know other ppl with cc first week of September that were scheduled for interview by the end of September. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, tainaroque305 said:

I'm waiting since September 13, called NVC and they are not helpful at all. i  know other ppl with cc first week of September that were scheduled for interview by the end of September. 

What Embassy are you waiting for? 

Timeline
13 hours ago, yemiku said:

If you now live in Nigeria, You can do a police report at Alagbon for #10k and take it for the interview. It expires after 3month

You can have your PCC done at any State Police HQ within Nigeria.

Timeline
8 hours ago, Abies said:

You can have your PCC done at any State Police HQ within Nigeria.

Please note that the only recognise Police report from Nigeria is Criminal Investigation Department Nigerian Police Force Alagbon Close Ikoyi, Lagos.

I have seen cases delayed because the report was gotten from another Police HQ, let not make that mistake here. Thanks.

See the link below for reference and guide towards your documentation

https://photos.state.gov/libraries/nigeria/487468/pdfs/PACKET_4_2012.pdf

Cheers. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.