pajobra

I-129F March 2017 Filers #2 Cause we are awesome

1,566 posts in this topic

Just thought of something and going to research it now but can my income be factored into the equation if we are filling jointly in taxes? If so then I might be ok come time for the AOS interview. Best case scenario is we find out an answer that helps my husband get back to work more regularly. Hmm....ok off to look for answers.

Also my husband usually makes double or more what he needs to sponsor me and will likely even if he is going to work as much as he is now make just more than 25k which would be enough for our 2 person household would it now.  Plus once I can start working we are applying for a 2 bedroom apartment because he can work from home with his job if we have a room dedicated to him doing so. If he could work from home we will be fine.

Sometimes crying makes me look at things more and figure things out. Just things I am thinking about. If anyone has any answers or can chime in to make me feel better please do. LOL 

Edited by pajobra

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
20 minutes ago, pajobra said:

Just thought of something and going to research it now but can my income be factored into the equation if we are filling jointly in taxes? If so then I might be ok come time for the AOS interview. Best case scenario is we find out an answer that helps my husband get back to work more regularly. Hmm....ok off to look for answers.

Also my husband usually makes double or more what he needs to sponsor me and will likely even if he is going to work as much as he is now make just more than 25k which would be enough for our 2 person household would it now.  Plus once I can start working we are applying for a 2 bedroom apartment because he can work from home with his job if we have a room dedicated to him doing so. If he could work from home we will be fine.

Sometimes crying makes me look at things more and figure things out. Just things I am thinking about. If anyone has any answers or can chime in to make me feel better please do. LOL 

Something to look into for sure. I'm not sure to be honest because it's not only about meeting the poverty guidelines but also having stable income. So for example they actually take welfare or unemployment income into count and seasonal jobs..but do those get considered stable income/stable job..nope. 

I would really do your research. Try to get him back to work if he can try his best.

Try to stay positive. 

Good luck.

3 minutes ago, Marzena & Stephen said:

Something to look into for sure. I'm not sure to be honest because it's not only about meeting the poverty guidelines but also having stable income. So for example they actually take welfare or unemployment income into count and seasonal jobs..but do those get considered stable income/stable job..nope. 

I would really do your research. Try to get him back to work if he can try his best.

Try to stay positive. 

Good luck.

He does have a stable income. He is working enough for part time hours and sometimes on the days he works he takes on a few hours of overtime. He has had this job for 7 years. Its stable. Before that he worked 2 years at walmart and before that 11 years as a Lutheran Pastor. My husband is no slouch. He feels less of a man because he is only working part time right now. His doctor is amazing though and I know we will find some answers. 

I am more positive then you know or see here. Yes I typed it earlier because I needed to vent. I have no one here to talk to who understands the process. I thank you for your opinion. Everyone is allowed opinions. :) 

Anyway I am sorry I will try to have more positive posts and will not vent to you all again. Sorry for that. Positive is what I am until I break down inside. My husband is always telling me how wonderful I am to keep so happy about everything. To see the good in everything. I grew up in a poverty stricken household in manitoba in a small village but we never went without. But because of that I have learnt how to budget wisely, how to cook amazing food with cheap ingredients, and how to live life to the fullest even when things are going the wrong direction. My Mum always said that things will work out in the end. Right now that is my mantra. It will work out even if right now the solution is not in sight.

Edited by pajobra

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey everyone! I'm confused so maybe you guys can help me out. We sent the AOS package on 4/17 and received the e-notification of receipt with the case#s on 4/24. Still have not received a NOA1 notice in the mail. How long did it take you guys to get notification by mail? And what about the biometrics appointment letter, does that come automatically in the mail and how soon after receipt of the AOS package did you guys receive a biometrics appointment?

Others have mentioned that it was received by their local office but I have no idea how to know that. We're in Phoenix so my assumption is that it will be handled by the Phoenix office. 

The Dalai Lama, when asked what surprised him most about humanity, answered "Man.... Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."

- The Dalai Lama

On 5/7/2018 at 1:14 PM, od17 said:

Happy birthday!!! So happy to see things are moving along!

Hopefully you receive your EAD/AP soon as well. 

Let us know how the interview goes! Does it say both you and your husband have to appear for the interview?

thank you so much! :) It was a wonderful birthday! 

Frankly speaking I don't think that EAD/AP will come if they already sent me an invitation to AOS interview. 

I will write how was it. 

Yes, husband has to go with me. It's mentioned in the letter. 

3 hours ago, KozmicBlues said:

Hey everyone! I'm confused so maybe you guys can help me out. We sent the AOS package on 4/17 and received the e-notification of receipt with the case#s on 4/24. Still have not received a NOA1 notice in the mail. How long did it take you guys to get notification by mail? And what about the biometrics appointment letter, does that come automatically in the mail and how soon after receipt of the AOS package did you guys receive a biometrics appointment?

Others have mentioned that it was received by their local office but I have no idea how to know that. We're in Phoenix so my assumption is that it will be handled by the Phoenix office. 

Hey you! Hope everything is good with you! 

What I can say about my case is that we've got NOA1 after two weeks of waiting. This time it takes longer with NOA1 as on K1 stage.

Bio appointment was scheduled just in a month time after NOA 1 date. 

Please see my timeline for details. And in comments I give more detailed information with delivery dates, etc. 

Wish you all the best and super fast with this stage. 

On 5/6/2018 at 1:17 PM, pajobra said:

Congrats oh that is gonna make those from that office that are still waiting from last year a bit more upset. I am super happy for you. :) 

Still no news here but I honestly do not expect anything. My husband can barely work now so if I can't work soon we will be on the streets but hey that is the way it goes sometimes right. His health is really not good. We have a doctors appointment on the 17th to hopefully get some answers for him. 

Thank you so much! 

I know its hard to see others approval but yours. 

Remember what I went through during K1 stage application. That was horrible time. 

I wish you to receive your EAD and AP as soonest. 

So sorry to hear that things is not so good for you. (((( 

I wish you only the best and a happy life together with you beloved!!!! Be strong for him and for you both!!!!!! 

Hope I'll hear a good news from you soon! 

On 6/5/2018 at 12:07 PM, Kateryna_I said:

Good morning everyone!

Good news from Philly - yesterday (May 5th) got my letter from USCIS with invitation on interview on June 6th. Actually I got 6 of them, all the same. 

Notice day - April 29th, sent by mail on May 2nd. 

Just in time as tomorrow is my birthday - one of the best present this year! 

No reply on EAD or AP. 

Wish you to receive yours as soonest! 

And have a happy Sunday.

it looks like they are changing the process, because a cousin of mine file for AOS on  february and he got his appointment letter for interview for june 11 and he didnt get EAD OR AP,.

on june 11 it will be 4 months from he filed, it loooks like they are shorting the time for interview and no sending EAD OF AP.

i hope that they have changed, so i can have my interviw on august , 4 months after file and get my green card and travel to my country. lol

K1 2017

Aos sent April 2018

Aos interview July 2018

Work permit September2018

Aos approved July 24, 2019.

Roc April 27, 2021

Biometric reused june 28, 2021

N-400 online April 27, 2022 base on 3 years rule, biometric reused.

N-400 interview on December 12, 2022 combo interview i-751. Approved.

January 11, 2023 oath ceremony, Indianapolis. After that done with uscis😂🤭🤫

I took my oath ceremony in Indianapolis, it was a nice ceremony, where people from 35 coutry become american citizen.

01/11/2023 officially done with uscis :)

🤣

January 13, 2023 apply for us passport.( regular service).

March 11, 2023 passport in hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone one! 

Has anyon filed their aos around feb first week? Noa 1 for my AOS is 2/14 and EAD/AP is 2/6 but no news yet!! From Massachusetts. 😢 Soo bored. Anyone same with me?? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 5/4/2018 at 3:22 PM, Marzena & Stephen said:

Hey Yzabelle ! 

I wanted to mention to you. If you or your husband are ever looking for a home to buy or even rent (in chicago and area) feel free to contact me as I am now a realtor in chicago!. I am on Instagram as mfrausto_berkshire_hathaway aswell if you want to follow. It would be so cool to work with clients who have been through the same process as I have been and may be beneficial to you in the end. Keep me in mind ! And let your friends know ! You can also get my info on http://marzenafrausto.koenigrubloff.com/     

I just thought i would throw that out there considering you live in chicago! And may eventually want a new home together.

Otherwise how is everything going? 

Omg! Congratulations! :)) Actually, we are thinking of moving out this year. Our lease will end January :)) I will let my husband know about this! Thank you! ❤️

23 hours ago, pajobra said:

Just got an email saying my EAD is approved. Finally after 140 days. Soooo soooo happy I am crying.

congratulationssssss, i wish it arrive soon and find a job quick

K1 2017

Aos sent April 2018

Aos interview July 2018

Roc April 27, 2021

I took my oath ceremony in Indianapolis, it was a nice ceremony, where people from 35 coutry become american citizen.

🤣

sent AOS on april 18, e-mail received on april 25, notic eon the mail got on may 1, and today i got my oppointment letter for biometric for may 22 at 9 :00 am at Indianapolis. i hope that they send me soon a letter for interview as i have seen that they have sent to others interview letter after 4 months of filed.

good luck everybody

K1 2017

Aos sent April 2018

Aos interview July 2018

Roc April 27, 2021

🤣

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.