pajobra

I-129F March 2017 Filers #2 Cause we are awesome

1,566 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, goldenbae said:

I Looooove seeing every one good news! I dont post much cause I like to be a quiet mouse in the corner, but i am watching, and getting more confident with each post! keep up the great work everyone, it will all be worth it in the end...I hope

Nothing wrong with being the quiet mouse in the corner. :D Its good to see you posting. Your interview is next week? Good luck to you. Oh its all worth it for sure. I have nearly been with Chris a week now in the US and its been AWESOME. Today I ventured to the library and got a library card and marveled at the fact that they have over 200 cookbooks in the Non-Fiction section. I worked in a very small public library in Manitoba, Canada. LOL We had maybe 50 cookbooks. HA

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 minutes ago, pajobra said:

Nothing wrong with being the quiet mouse in the corner. :D Its good to see you posting. Your interview is next week? Good luck to you. Oh its all worth it for sure. I have nearly been with Chris a week now in the US and its been AWESOME. Today I ventured to the library and got a library card and marveled at the fact that they have over 200 cookbooks in the Non-Fiction section. I worked in a very small public library in Manitoba, Canada. LOL We had maybe 50 cookbooks. HA

Once you start to work a lil website called amazon, you will be amazed! I bought one cook book, and havent cooked anything out of it lol but now i just buy cookware and everything else from there!

NOA1: 3/20/2017

hardcopy: 3/24/2017

NOA2: 7/13/2017

hardcopy: 7/17/17

NVC received: 7/24/17

Embassy received: 7/31/17

Interview: 11/9/2017 APPROVED!

Visa in hand: 11/16/17

POE: 11/20/17 via Washington D.C

Married 1/19/18 via Detroit

AOS.AP.EAD packet received 4/18/18

AP.EAD Approved 10/18/18

AP.EAD in hand 11/17/2018

AOS interview scheduled 11/20/18

15 hours ago, AnJ Co said:

We've been so busy since POE.  We did the SSN - the guy at SSA totally understood why we needed the SSN and blurted out his explanation of why it was necessary to get it now.  Very technical and I just said 'yeah...... right!' lol  Waiting for it in the mail now.   Went to the courthouse and got our marriage license today.  Ann has a K1 visa in her passport that shows I'm hers, and I got the receipt from the courthouse today likewise! :D  Wedding is next Saturday.  The other day we picked out the spot for our wedding on the beach.  Found a patch of sand with some palm trees to decorate and make the perfect spot to do the ceremony.  Just a bit up the beach is Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville Resort.  Since we are doing the ceremony at sunrise, we setup a breakfast reception.  I have family flying in and friends joining us; and for our family on the other side of the world, we are going to fb live it for them.  So for a POE that is just hours from being a week old, we've made some really good progress :D 

Wooooow that's quick process haha!
I feel like us having been turtles! I'm here for 6 weeks now, and we got married after 5 weeks. 
Still ok and in the time frame though.. :)
It sucked because his leave got switched, otherwise we'd have done it earlier. Now waiting for the marriage certificate to arrive, so we can try to put me on all necessary papers, so we can start collection stuff for AOS. I'm so glad I did not deal with that at all until now haha

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, TearsOfBabylon said:

Wooooow that's quick process haha!
I feel like us having been turtles! I'm here for 6 weeks now, and we got married after 5 weeks. 
Still ok and in the time frame though.. :)
It sucked because his leave got switched, otherwise we'd have done it earlier. Now waiting for the marriage certificate to arrive, so we can try to put me on all necessary papers, so we can start collection stuff for AOS. I'm so glad I did not deal with that at all until now haha

Yeah, there is nothing wrong with 5 weeks.  That is still fast by VJ standards : ) Actually it would be easier for us if we waited a bit; this is a lot of money flying out the door so fast for so many weeks now.  I'll just be glad to settle down and be able to have 2 nickels to hold in my hand without 4 places that wants them.  We've been way over budget for months  :D  It is all worth it, though, so I am not complaining.  As far as AOS, I think I have a fairly good understanding of it, but have to wait at least a month more before I can file it.  Agree with you, it is too much to deal with for now.  Not only is the wedding on top priority now but the holidays are now on us.  Hopefully January spending will be the end of deficit spending.  I was impressed with the clerk in the courthouse.  She explained we got one certified marriage decree and if we needed another, it was just $3 more.  Nice of her to mention that up front and save us another trip to the courthouse.  So when that comes in the mail, we have it for our AOS with one to keep on file.

So, how's the 'married life' now between wedding and AOS?  Finding things to stay busy?  This 'in the interim vacation' the beneficiaries have to deal with probably is harder than most petitioners think it is.   Your work life before was filled with friends and work schedules and tasks and challenges then suddenly it is void of everything that made a normal day and even your time zone shifted radically to where you eat and sleep at different times of the day but planning a wedding in a few weeks probably occupied your time.  Now the wedding plans are a thing of the past, is it difficult like NOA2 when you are pre AOS?

22 hours ago, AnJ Co said:

Yeah, there is nothing wrong with 5 weeks.  That is still fast by VJ standards : ) Actually it would be easier for us if we waited a bit; this is a lot of money flying out the door so fast for so many weeks now.  I'll just be glad to settle down and be able to have 2 nickels to hold in my hand without 4 places that wants them.  We've been way over budget for months  :D  It is all worth it, though, so I am not complaining.  As far as AOS, I think I have a fairly good understanding of it, but have to wait at least a month more before I can file it.  Agree with you, it is too much to deal with for now.  Not only is the wedding on top priority now but the holidays are now on us.  Hopefully January spending will be the end of deficit spending.  I was impressed with the clerk in the courthouse.  She explained we got one certified marriage decree and if we needed another, it was just $3 more.  Nice of her to mention that up front and save us another trip to the courthouse.  So when that comes in the mail, we have it for our AOS with one to keep on file.

So, how's the 'married life' now between wedding and AOS?  Finding things to stay busy?  This 'in the interim vacation' the beneficiaries have to deal with probably is harder than most petitioners think it is.   Your work life before was filled with friends and work schedules and tasks and challenges then suddenly it is void of everything that made a normal day and even your time zone shifted radically to where you eat and sleep at different times of the day but planning a wedding in a few weeks probably occupied your time.  Now the wedding plans are a thing of the past, is it difficult like NOA2 when you are pre AOS?

Oh yeah, all this stuff is sooooo expensive, and one more big chunk coming with AOS :(

Well.... really surprisingly I'm doing very good so far, being at home - stuck (no car, no license yet - only leaving the house with Scott. But I've been and still am busy turning this bachelors cave into a household. Also we had the wedding prep, a lot of traveling, buying things, furniture, and so on. 
This will change soon, since I can't work around here forever, and then I'll see! But until now I can't complain! I hope Ann will be fine too! :)

Right now we're debating on when to file AOS... a bit confused about it. Hopefully some VJers will enlighten me, hehe! :)

Have a good one today, mate! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I havnt been on here in a bit and still didnt get a chance to catch up!

Just found out we couldnt book our court house wedding time slot until we get our marriage license and you have to be both there to get the license ..so we are hoping to still get december 1 but i dont get there until the 20th of november ..    the lady on the phone wouldnt even budge she was so mean.. worst case senerio we walk in a downtown courthouse but booking a timeslot would have been nice.. apparently this one court only does 3 a day.. which was also a shock. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

That's one silver lining from my experience. I blew a ton of money this year, but at least everything went south before all the bigger expenses. Then I work work worked like mad for nearly two months and earned it all back. Now the daily question is if I want to do it all over again. :huh:

On 11/3/2017 at 12:26 AM, annachka said:

Approved :D!! :dance:

Thanks so much for everyone's help here!  We couldn't have done this without you (L)

Congratulations!!!! Вiтаю!!!!!! Yaaaaay! :jest:

Wish you the soonest POE and a happy ever after! :wub:

On 11/2/2017 at 4:56 PM, KozmicBlues said:

Welp, sadly my worries and fears were correct. His chest x-ray didn't come back 100% clean and they scheduled him for sputum testing. It will take 8 weeks for the results to come back. My heart is broken. :( I'm staying strong for him because I feel so bad that he has to go through all of this. I will postpone the wedding and most importantly, figure out a way to cope with the fact that it's going to be at least another three months until I get to see him. 

so sorry to hear that! I totally understand you - another waiting and expecting is awful and disheartening! :( 

I wish you both lots of patience and belief in the better outcome. May the test results come as soonest and turn to be ok!  

Just remember that you will be together very soon anyway! 

Welp, sadly my worries and fears were correct. His chest x-ray didn't come back 100% clean and they scheduled him for sputum testing. It will take 8 weeks for the results to come back. My heart is broken. :( I'm staying strong for him because I feel so bad that he has to go through all of this. I will postpone the wedding and most importantly, figure out a way to cope with the fact that it's going to be at least another three months until I get to see him. 

So sorry to hear that!

Wish you both lots of patience and belief in the better outcome. May the test results come as soonest and turn to be ok!  

Just remember that eventually you will be together very soon anyway! 

On 11/3/2017 at 3:20 PM, Ste&Sel said:

Finally, yeahyyyyyyyy we have an interview date. 11/16/17 in embassy Jakarta! Medical Monday 11/6/17......please be enough time to get the results before interview. Going to be close.

Congratulations! 

May everything go smooth and with positive results! ;)

so sorry to hear that!  :( 

Wish you both loooooots of patience and belief in the better outcome. May the test results come as soonest and turn to be ok!  

Just remember that eventually you'll be together very soon anyway! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.