popper9892

Need some piece of mind/clarity.

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My fiance and her daughter had their interview on September 11. It came up that my fiance had been previously married, but it didn't reflect that on her paperwork (I didn't know until after I sent in the I-129f, but I did know about it.) The interview went well except for that piece, which they said she had to send in a translated divorce decree, which she did two days later. They also emailed me directly after her interview and asked if I knew about the previous marriage and asked if I want to continue with the visa process. I told them the truth, which is that I knew about it but not until after I filed the initial paperwork. I also made it clear that I definitely DO want to continue the process. I check CEAC every day but it still says it is under administrative processing. I tried calling the embassy but they just sent me an email saying that my case has been "Updated" but it still says administrative processing. It has been two weeks since then, and her intended date of arrival is approaching. Does anyone have any ideas? Or insight?

Filed: Timeline

They are either still deciding to approve it or not. Or they decided to approve it and shes just in normal checks.

You should contact your representative and have them inquire for you. If its a denial you may be able to get another shot before they send it back. 

You are a good man cause I would of stop the process, would of made me wonder what else information she is withholding 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Huge RED flag. Did not disclose the divorce to you until AFTER paper work submitted?

I had ex fiancee who when I first met her she said she had NO children.

Turned out she had TWO.

It did not end well.

You are asking for insight or ideas?

I say get out while you can but it's your life and I'm just speaking from my own negative past experience hoping that others can learn from it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.