14 posts in this topic

Hi family! 

Ummm, so i have been racking my brain, as i know a lot of you have with this whole k1 visa process... is anyone a August/September filer? I am a Sept. filer and i must say, I'm sick already lol, seeing that people are saying that they haven't been approved for months (generally i know it takes about 3-4 months for NOA2- which the process after receiving that makes me dry heave).... how is everyone feeling? tell me I'm not the only crazy-nervous one on here.... :):)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Jones0987 said:

Hi family! 

Ummm, so i have been racking my brain, as i know a lot of you have with this whole k1 visa process... is anyone a August/September filer? I am a Sept. filer and i must say, I'm sick already lol, seeing that people are saying that they haven't been approved for months (generally i know it takes about 3-4 months for NOA2- which the process after receiving that makes me dry heave).... how is everyone feeling? tell me I'm not the only crazy-nervous one on here.... :):)

Well, I am an April filer and while I have been told that an order for approval has been issued, at 170 days, I have still not been officially approved. Not sure what the deal is but they seem to be taking much longer again, but maybe you will be lucky and get on past this phase quickly; However, my thoughts to you is sit back ... enjoy some time online with your mate, maybe take some visits and forget about the K-1 for awhile because most likely you will be looking at 5 to 6 months. I am not trying to dampen your spirits, but just keeping it real as they say. I came into this process expecting to be approved in 90 days and I have paid the price for those expectations. I think it is better to be surprised rather than disappointed, so as hard as it is, do your best to keep your mind off of it ... at least until the century mark :jest:  I think everyone is nervous, yes, but the thing to remember is that immigration officers are out to approve petitions not deny them. As long as you did your due diligence in putting your package together and meet all the requirements you will be fine. The approval will happen ,,, it just might be a while. I wish you the best of luck and, again, I hope you're one of the few who get through this phase quickly! :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

There is a whole board for September filers: 

Additionally, fill out your timeline and profile. It will connect you with your country's portal, which lets you reach out to others going through the same countries and see their timelines, give you estimates on wait times, and helps others by seeing yours as well. 

I think the wait for NOA2 seems to be about 4-5 months-ish right now. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
50 minutes ago, vcpdragon said:

Well, I am an April filer and while I have been told that an order for approval has been issued, at 170 days, I have still not been officially approved. Not sure what the deal is but they seem to be taking much longer again, but maybe you will be lucky and get on past this phase quickly; However, my thoughts to you is sit back ... enjoy some time online with your mate, maybe take some visits and forget about the K-1 for awhile because most likely you will be looking at 5 to 6 months. I am not trying to dampen your spirits, but just keeping it real as they say. I came into this process expecting to be approved in 90 days and I have paid the price for those expectations. I think it is better to be surprised rather than disappointed, so as hard as it is, do your best to keep your mind off of it ... at least until the century mark :jest:  I think everyone is nervous, yes, but the thing to remember is that immigration officers are out to approve petitions not deny them. As long as you did your due diligence in putting your package together and meet all the requirements you will be fine. The approval will happen ,,, it just might be a while. I wish you the best of luck and, again, I hope you're one of the few who get through this phase quickly! :D

Nothing of this process is quick. Lots from Nov 2016 still not approved. Long wait ahead unless u got TSC 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Sundee said:

Nothing of this process is quick. Lots from Nov 2016 still not approved. Long wait ahead unless u got TSC 

Not a lot actually

The majority of the unapproved for November 2016 on VJ simply have not been on the site for months.

There is at least one from IRAN who is waiting and there are a few who were transferred to other service centers due to possible criminal histories.

Having said that yes the wait for Sept filers is going to be 5-6 months at least.

Thank you Vcpdragon for your words of encouragement, that really helped me this morning before i am off to work. I'll sit back and relax and let God do his work... sometimes, it can just be overwhelming :) and yes i sure did put everything together correctly... just hope i don't get a mean officer lol!! 

actually thanks to everyone for replying to my post, didn't expect such quick responses.... new to VJ!!

Best wishes to EVERYONE!

Timeline
8 hours ago, LabOz said:

Not a lot actually

The majority of the unapproved for November 2016 on VJ simply have not been on the site for months.

There is at least one from IRAN who is waiting and there are a few who were transferred to other service centers due to possible criminal histories.

Having said that yes the wait for Sept filers is going to be 5-6 months at least.

I'm not sure of the people on vj not updating their timeline. I'm speaking abt me actually knowing many people who filed in Nov 2016 as I did and so many of us are still sitting in limbo unapproved. 

How do u know others were transferred to other service centers as all that I chat with have not received any notifications of a transfer... I'm not trying to discourage anyone but the reality of it is that it's a slow process and many of us are still waiting in NSC since Nov last year..

4 hours ago, Sundee said:

I'm not sure of the people on vj not updating their timeline. I'm speaking abt me actually knowing many people who filed in Nov 2016 as I did and so many of us are still sitting in limbo unapproved. 

How do u know others were transferred to other service centers as all that I chat with have not received any notifications of a transfer... I'm not trying to discourage anyone but the reality of it is that it's a slow process and many of us are still waiting in NSC since Nov last year..

Well every Country is different right? Do you think the times vary by Country? i'm filing for Dominican Rep. :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I'm a February filer, and though our process has been fairly smooth and quick, I still get nervous! I remember just being on pins and needles in May, when we were expecting our Noa2. In my mind, that was the largest hurdle, and I thought I'd feel more at ease afterwards. However, every time we pass through a new phase (the medical---eek! Affidavit of Support---eek! And Thursday's interview---double eek!), it never feels any easier. So, you're in good company. 😊

Timeline
3 hours ago, Jones0987 said:

Well every Country is different right? Do you think the times vary by Country? i'm filing for Dominican Rep. :)

I don't know what the hold up is. I see all countries getting approved but not mine so it's painful

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 hours ago, Sundee said:

Oh @Sundee the original poster of this thread is K-1 FIANCEE like me.

You are K-3 which is different process and you are at different service center than us. We are mostly at CSC.

I did not realize that when I replied to you that you are filing for K-3.

Sorry I'm not familiar with those timelines or the NSC time frames or process.

Hope you get some answers soon.

14 hours ago, swalker said:

I'm a February filer, and though our process has been fairly smooth and quick, I still get nervous! I remember just being on pins and needles in May, when we were expecting our Noa2. In my mind, that was the largest hurdle, and I thought I'd feel more at ease afterwards. However, every time we pass through a new phase (the medical---eek! Affidavit of Support---eek! And Thursday's interview---double eek!), it never feels any easier. So, you're in good company. 😊

Thanks swalker!!! Sometimes i feel like its designed to discourage you or make you feel nervous! But like you said im in good company!!! Thanks a mil for the support!

12 hours ago, Sundee said:

I don't know what the hold up is. I see all countries getting approved but not mine so it's painful

Ohhhhh yup, K3 is diff than K1. Hopefully you get answers soon!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jones0987 said:

Thanks swalker!!! Sometimes i feel like its designed to discourage you or make you feel nervous! But like you said im in good company!!! Thanks a mil for the support!

Ohhhhh yup, K3 is diff than K1. Hopefully you get answers soon!

My lawyer filed the K3 and they don't even process those any more so basically it will go away and uscis will go by the 1-130 I guess. I don't even know anymore and am not happy with the lawyer at this point either.. With all the money I paid you would think at least the idiot would file everything correctly.. I'm depressed all the way around.☹️☹️

9 hours ago, Sundee said:

My lawyer filed the K3 and they don't even process those any more so basically it will go away and uscis will go by the 1-130 I guess. I don't even know anymore and am not happy with the lawyer at this point either.. With all the money I paid you would think at least the idiot would file everything correctly.. I'm depressed all the way around.☹️☹️

Don't be. Also don't be afraid to seek advice from another lawyer (even if its just a consultation) and seek justice against this person. 

Try emailing the USCIS embassy as well. explain your situation and maybe someone can help... don't give up!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.