Maria124

ScheduLing Interview past the NOA2 Validity

13 posts in this topic

Hello. i've seen andread a topic close to mine.. in VJ. But i want to ask.. 

is it allowed to schedule an interview past the validity period the NoA2? 

i am having hard time asking permission to my HR to go home before my contract ends.. and it feels like they dont want me to go because no one will repLace me.. my noA2 is vaLid untiL November.. and my contract will end by May Nextyear.. 😣 

will it be ok if i just pay the VISa Fee because its valid for 1year?? ThankYou. Hoping for response

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

The visa is good for 6 months after the date of your medical. To me, I wouldn't mess around with possibly losing the visa after all this waiting and is break my contract, but it's up to you what you choose to do. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Maria124 said:

Hello. i've seen andread a topic close to mine.. in VJ. But i want to ask.. 

is it allowed to schedule an interview past the validity period the NoA2? 

i am having hard time asking permission to my HR to go home before my contract ends.. and it feels like they dont want me to go because no one will repLace me.. my noA2 is vaLid untiL November.. and my contract will end by May Nextyear.. 😣 

will it be ok if i just pay the VISa Fee because its valid for 1year?? ThankYou. Hoping for response

Curious are you working in Middle East or Hong kong? Are they holding your passport as part of your contract?

6 hours ago, LabOz said:

Curious are you working in Middle East or Hong kong? Are they holding your passport as part of your contract?

Yes that is the protocol here in UAE or MIddle East. Once you are in a contract, it is really hard for you to get out of it unless you served 1 year of service not including one month of notice. 

K1 Visa Issued:             10-10-2017

----------------------------------------------------

AOS

I-485 Sent :                    01-16-2018

USCIS Received Date:  01-22-2018

Notice Date:                   01-25-2018

Biometrics Appt:           02-20-2018

Interview Appt:              05-07-2018 (Approved on the spot)

I-797 Notice:                  05-08-2018

Timeline
59 minutes ago, jaybeltisroy said:

Yes that is the protocol here in UAE or MIddle East. Once you are in a contract, it is really hard for you to get out of it unless you served 1 year of service not including one month of notice. 

That is what I thought. Well your NOA 2 has an expiration date as well and I would say you would need to get permission from the US Embassy there .

You can't even HAVE the interview as they require your passport at the US Embassy.

You may have to talk/beg your employer or have them paid off some how to release you and return your passport.

Only other thing I can think of is to got to Philippine Embassy in Dubai and request a NEW passport.

I'm assuming you are Filipino based upon the fact you are a contract worker and your picture there so forgive me if I'm wrong.

Just go to the embassy of what ever country you are from located in Dubai and find out about getting new passport.

They may or may not issue you a new one. They will want to know what happened to your old passport.

Good luck

8 minutes ago, LabOz said:

That is what I thought. Well your NOA 2 has an expiration date as well and I would say you would need to get permission from the US Embassy there .

You can't even HAVE the interview as they require your passport at the US Embassy.

You may have to talk/beg your employer or have them paid off some how to release you and return your passport.

Only other thing I can think of is to got to Philippine Embassy in Dubai and request a NEW passport.

I'm assuming you are Filipino based upon the fact you are a contract worker and your picture there so forgive me if I'm wrong.

Just go to the embassy of what ever country you are from located in Dubai and find out about getting new passport.

They may or may not issue you a new one. They will want to know what happened to your old passport.

Good luck

For my case, I don't have any problems in getting my passport because my employer knows that i am processing k1 visa. @Maria124 has the main concern and i already suggested her to book the appointment regardless if her employer agrees or not. She can go the ministry of labor and ask help if she really needs it. 

Getting a new passport here in dubai is not an option either because they will not provide you the said passport unless you can show to them your old passport with the residence visa in it.

K1 Visa Issued:             10-10-2017

----------------------------------------------------

AOS

I-485 Sent :                    01-16-2018

USCIS Received Date:  01-22-2018

Notice Date:                   01-25-2018

Biometrics Appt:           02-20-2018

Interview Appt:              05-07-2018 (Approved on the spot)

I-797 Notice:                  05-08-2018

Timeline
10 minutes ago, jaybeltisroy said:

For my case, I don't have any problems in getting my passport because my employer knows that i am processing k1 visa. @Maria124 has the main concern and i already suggested her to book the appointment regardless if her employer agrees or not. She can go the ministry of labor and ask help if she really needs it. 

Getting a new passport here in dubai is not an option either because they will not provide you the said passport unless you can show to them your old passport with the residence visa in it.

wow ok got it. Oh sorry late here and I thought you were the one trying to get the passport back.

8 hours ago, LabOz said:

Middle East.. No, actually i have my passport. but because i have to ask them for an exit visa in order for me to leave.. and also worst my contract will end May nextyear.. so what more if Gods will i get my Visa and iLL resign i doubt they will make it easy for me.. 😣

11 hours ago, EandH0904 said:

The visa is good for 6 months after the date of your medical. To me, I wouldn't mess around with possibly losing the visa after all this waiting and is break my contract, but it's up to you what you choose to do. 

its ok to break my contract. but the problem is sometimes managers in middle east just want to hold you like they think you will work with them forever.. 😖

Timeline

I'm sure you are not the only one this happened to.

Hopefully you can try to find a resolution.

Ministry of Labor as @jaybeltisroy mentioned may be a good option.

20 minutes ago, jaybeltisroy said:

my main concern also, if i go home with a re-entry visa. then dont comeback here in Middle east im sure it will be a bad record in the immigration. if they see that i dont have a final exit stamp.. 

3 minutes ago, LabOz said:

I'm sure you are not the only one this happened to.

Hopefully you can try to find a resolution.

Ministry of Labor as @jaybeltisroy mentioned may be a good option.

.. ive tried to read and ask around .. just maybe raising my hopes up that i can find someone with same situation .. like you said ☺️ Thankyou

but the main question havent answered yet. if i pay the visa fee within the vaLidity perion but have my interview schedule past the vaLidity is it ok? ☺️

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

To answer your question: yes, the interview can be after the NOA2. In my now-wife's case, her interview was more than 2 months after the NOA2 expired. No problems whatsoever BUT my wife did not request the interview to be after the NOA2, it was due to USCIS and the State Department, not us (long story).

Anyway, if the embassy/consulate has received your petition already, and contacted you, I would ask them to see if they can extend your NOA2 and schedule your interview later. I don't know if you'll be able to push it back as much as you would like, but something is better than nothing right?

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.