ForeverHopeful

Waiting... waiting... waiting...

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

It's been over a month since my Iranian fiance's interview in Abu Dhabi. The case is in Administrative Processing. The wait is killing me. The hardest part is I don't know if we are waiting for a yes or a no. Or how long we're going to be waiting. We were told 3 to 4 months but I don't know. If its yes, great! If it's no, how do you recover from that? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

After 14 weeks AP my fiancee petition was sent back to the US. So it wasn't a no, but not a yes. It's been hard. We visited each other again and are planning to get married in November and do a cr1. It's definitely very difficult seeing everyone at home get married and you can't. Seeing others on here get visas and you didn't. It's hard knowing it will prob be 2 more years of being apart. There's nothing easy about it. 

What helps me is knowing I'm not alone. Talking to others in similar situations. When you don't have a choice about something in life, it's easier to accept. 

Timeline
On 9/16/2017 at 11:12 PM, ForeverHopeful said:

It's been over a month since my Iranian fiance's interview in Abu Dhabi. The case is in Administrative Processing. The wait is killing me. The hardest part is I don't know if we are waiting for a yes or a no. Or how long we're going to be waiting. We were told 3 to 4 months but I don't know. If its yes, great! If it's no, how do you recover from that? 

I am very sorry to hear that and I hope you get out of AP soon. I may have to go through the same process. is your fiancé a male? does he have a technical background?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Abdeslam said:

i am sorry for you but i taught people from iran are banned from entering the us ? or i am maybe wrong ?

Fiance(e)s are considered a bone fide relationship and therefore are exempt from the muslim/travel ban.

Doesn't mean the beneficiary won't be subject to additional scrutiny though.

Timeline

I know how you feel, the wait is really difficult to deal with.    At least you are one step ahead of me, and I hope you'll get the approval and finally the visa very soon.   The wait time is just ridiculously long.

I'm just curious how long did you wait from the time you received the letter from NVC that your case would be sent to Abu Dhabi to the time you received the letter from the Abu Dhabi embassy on the date/time of the interview and the required documents?

Timeline
On 9/16/2017 at 11:42 AM, ForeverHopeful said:

I know how you feel, the wait is really difficult to deal with.    At least you are one step ahead of me, and I hope you'll get the approval and finally the visa very soon.   The wait time is just ridiculously long.

I'm just curious how long did you wait from the time you received the letter from NVC that your case would be sent to Abu Dhabi to the time you received the letter from the Abu Dhabi embassy on the date/time of the interview and the required documents?

Timeline

Thank you everyone for the replies. Yes, my fiance is a man. No, he does not have a technical background. But he did have mandatory service in the Iranian army. 

Kiumars, we never received a letter, email, or phone call from the Abu Dhabi consulate. My fiance submitted the DS-160 online and we waited. We waited 3 months. The petition was about to expire so we emailed the consulate and we had the attorney email. We never received a response. Finally, my fiance tried calling the consulate directly and was able to talk to someone who said all we needed to do was go online and pay the interview fee. Once we paid the fee (which we did within 10 minutes), he had an interview scheduled for the following week. It was all so very frustrating because everything on the site said to wait for a letter that never came. In hindsight, if we had just gone to the site and proceeded as if we had received a letter, he would have had the interview months ago. If you haven't already, go online, create an account, and submit the DS-160. Then proceed as if you have received a letter, pay the fee, and schedule the interview. Once paid, you'll have a receipt that can then be used as proof that you have an interview so you can get the medical exam done. But only proceed if you've already done everything else: translations, police certificates, gathered relationship evidence, tax transcripts, etc. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.