Matheus Matias

Green card through the family

29 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, Ontarkie said:

~~Duplicate threads merged. Please only start one thread for the same or related topic~~

~~Moved to Bringing Family of USC, from IR1/CR1 P&P~~

where I can change mine, I'm new here

Filed: Country:
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Springrain22 said:

So if you don't get married, your estimated wait is 8 years to get a visa. If you get married in the future, your wait will be about 13 years or so.

since his parent filed before he turned 21 his age is frozen at the date it was filed so even if it takes till he is over 21 for immigration purposes he will be under 21 and qualify as a ir2 which does not have a wait time. if his parent filed after he turned 21 your information would be correct.

it was a bit confusing with the threads getting merged.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Matheus Matias said:

I am the son of a citizen, and I am still younger, I believe it is less time

It's not less time and may even be more time in the future. As a son of USC, you fall into the F1 category and the current Priority Date is May 2010: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/law-and-policy/bulletin/2017/visa-bulletin-for-september-2017.html

If they consider that your father filed when you were under 21 years old, you fall into IR2 category and it takes 1.5-2 years.

Edited by Springrain22

Timeline
1 minute ago, f f said:

since his parent filed before he turned 21 his age is frozen at the date it was filed so even if it takes till he is over 21 for immigration purposes he will be under 21 and qualify as a ir2 which does not have a wait time. if his parent filed after he turned 21 your information would be correct.

Yes, you're correct, i'm new here... sorry

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Springrain22 said:

No, it's not less time and may even be more time in the future. As a son of USC, you fall into the F1 category and the current Priority Date is May 2010: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/law-and-policy/bulletin/2017/visa-bulletin-for-september-2017.html

I am the son of a citizen, he applied for me in May 2017, complete 21 years in 2018, I am in the class IR-2

All right, thank u sir !

Edited by Matheus Matias

IR-2 is correct, which has no waiting time for a visa number to become available...just processing time. ETA: about a year or so.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
22 hours ago, Matheus Matias said:

Hello, my name is Matheus, I'm 20 years old, I'm in the process of getting my green card, my father is an American citizen, he applied for me in May 2017, my priority date is 05/30/17, my Nebraska Service Central, my father lives in Orlando-FL, we are entering the fourth month of the process, someone can inform me how long the process is taking the child of a US citizen under age, If someone can help, Thanks in anticipation to replies... 

The case of my status is this, but I already received the Form I-797 Notice of action, saying that they have already received my documents, I received it in early June ...

Sem título.png

If you fill out your timeline, VisaJourney may be able to give you an idea.

Timeline
19 hours ago, geowrian said:

IR-2 is correct, which has no waiting time for a visa number to become available...just processing time. ETA: about a year or so.

Hey, are you sure it takes all this time? I saw several processes that took 4-6 months ...

Timeline
On 12/09/2017 at 3:42 PM, f f said:

Yes, I want to know how long this process takes, decrease anxiety, decrease pressure ...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

About a year, could be a little more could be a little less.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

2 hours ago, Matheus Matias said:

Hey, are you sure it takes all this time? I saw several processes that took 4-6 months ...

Yes, that's the current processing timeline on average. Sometimes it's sooner and sometimes it's longer. But the current average is about a year.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
2 hours ago, geowrian said:

Yes, that's the current processing timeline on average. Sometimes it's sooner and sometimes it's longer. But the current average is about a year.

okay, thank u !!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.