miki0630

Does RFE affect my EAD??

18 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hello friends, how long does it take for my status to change after they receive I-485 RFE? And does RFE affect my EAD (will it delay)? Today is 72days since they received🤔

Edited by miki0630

1 hour ago, miki0630 said:

Hello friends, how long does it take for my status to change after they receive I-485 RFE? And does RFE affect my EAD (will it delay)? Today is 72days since they received🤔

Was it a request for further evidence or a request for initial evidence? The answer to your question is 'yes'. But if it was further evidence they requested, it will pause the clock until they receive what they want. For instance, if you're on day 72 and you receive a request for further evidence, if it takes you two weeks for them to receive it, they will start from day 72 again.

If it is a request for initial evidence, all counters will return to day 1. That means the I-485, I-765 and I-131. 

"Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future." - John F. Kennedy

Timeline
1 hour ago, Adam&Allison said:

Was it a request for further evidence or a request for initial evidence? The answer to your question is 'yes'. But if it was further evidence they requested, it will pause the clock until they receive what they want. For instance, if you're on day 72 and you receive a request for further evidence, if it takes you two weeks for them to receive it, they will start from day 72 again.

If it is a request for initial evidence, all counters will return to day 1. That means the I-485, I-765 and I-131. 

so frustrating... it's initial evidence... everything will start from 0??😓😓 ohhh noooo

10 minutes ago, miki0630 said:

so frustrating... it's initial evidence... everything will start from 0??😓😓 ohhh noooo

I feel your pain. I got one as well. Unfortunately it does appear to reset the clock. 

"Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future." - John F. Kennedy

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 9/7/2017 at 9:10 AM, Adam&Allison said:

Mine was initial evidence too. To submit the Form I-130A cause i did not submit it with my package. USCIS,responded to the submitted to the RFIE on the 18th of Evidence. How many more weeks or months i gotta wait? Already did my biometrics. Yesterday made it a month i did my biometrics. This wait is killing,every notification that comes to my phone i think its USCIS LoL..Checking my mailbox everyday like a crazy person.

Timeline
4 hours ago, sparrowxxx419 said:

Mine was initial evidence too. To submit the Form I-130A cause i did not submit it with my package. USCIS,responded to the submitted to the RFIE on the 18th of Evidence. How many more weeks or months i gotta wait? Already did my biometrics. Yesterday made it a month i did my biometrics. This wait is killing,every notification that comes to my phone i think its USCIS LoL..Checking my mailbox everyday like a crazy person.

it's really frustrating.. I hope and pray the count down won't be from 0

1 hour ago, miki0630 said:

it's really frustrating.. I hope and pray the count down won't be from 0

Mine reset the clock as well. I received my approval after like a total of 140 days, but 98 days after they had received my RFIE response. However I was told that USCIS tries to approve the EADs that got an RFIE around the 75days mark from the response receival, so I think I was an exception. 

The RFie didn't seem to reset my processing time for the I-485 though. There are people with my field office waiting for the interview appointment who filed their papers last December and me, as a later Feb Filer with RFIE response in early April already got an interview appointment. 

I feel like it's random whether the RFIE is going to affect your processing time or not.

Timeline
17 hours ago, Californiansunset said:

Mine reset the clock as well. I received my approval after like a total of 140 days, but 98 days after they had received my RFIE response. However I was told that USCIS tries to approve the EADs that got an RFIE around the 75days mark from the response receival, so I think I was an exception. 

The RFie didn't seem to reset my processing time for the I-485 though. There are people with my field office waiting for the interview appointment who filed their papers last December and me, as a later Feb Filer with RFIE response in early April already got an interview appointment. 

I feel like it's random whether the RFIE is going to affect your processing time or not.

I hope and pray my time will come soon.. mine is 75days already now I guess I will wait about another 70days it's like more than 2months😔😔

14 minutes ago, miki0630 said:

I hope and pray my time will come soon.. mine is 75days already now I guess I will wait about another 70days it's like more than 2months😔😔

What is RFIE about? 

USCIS has specific rules regarding RFIE, so if RFIE is about completely non-sense topics that you think it should not have been RFIE, you have options to address concerns to 1) to Senator or House Representative or 2) USCIS ombudsemen office. 

Or else if you want to expedite your EAD/AP, you need to get the job offers on hand and request expedite based on financial loss. 

33 minutes ago, miki0630 said:

It's only been 75 days so no reason to be concerned yet. Current EAD processing times are more like 110 days now. Try to expedite with a job offer. They wouldn't let me do that though... but it's your best option for sure! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline
12 hours ago, Californiansunset said:

It's only been 75 days so no reason to be concerned yet. Current EAD processing times are more like 110 days now. Try to expedite with a job offer. They wouldn't let me do that though... but it's your best option for sure! 

Did you talk to a tier 2 officer that you have a job? Sometimes i really depends on who is handling your case. USCIS does not really have a definite answers to reason why some are delayed. Except the RFIE is about security concerns.

I would suggest you keep trying to speak with a friendly USCIS rep that will help you expedite. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

There is alot of back and forth regarding RFE vs RFIE and restart vs reset the clock. I don't really think any of this holds much weight. We received an RFIE for our I-485. It did not restart our clock.  I think it just varies by adjudicator/normal processing times.  You can review my timeline.  EAD approved in 108 days which was pretty much normal processing times then.  

I just reviewed your timeline.  You are still within normal processing times.  EAD takes at least 90 days.  And I believe on average it is normally taking even longer than that now.

Edited by LionessDeon

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline
2 minutes ago, LionessDeon said:

There is alot of back and forth regarding RFE vs RFIE and restart vs reset the clock. I don't really think any of this holds much weight. We received an RFIE for our I-485. It did not restart our clock.  I think it just varies by adjudicator/normal processing times.  You can review my timeline.  EAD approved in 108 days which was pretty much normal processing times then.  

Totally agree with you. I believe it is case by case and also by the local field office. Your timeline is impressive. I submitted mine way before you did and I am yet to get an interview date....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
15 minutes ago, sweetadams said:

Totally agree with you. I believe it is case by case and also by the local field office. Your timeline is impressive. I submitted mine way before you did and I am yet to get an interview date....

Thanks.  I think they gave us enough problem with the K1 so thankful AOS went much better lol.

When you get a chance you should complete your timeline info.  It is really helpul for others to view.

Timeline
1 hour ago, sweetadams said:

Did you talk to a tier 2 officer that you have a job? Sometimes i really depends on who is handling your case. USCIS does not really have a definite answers to reason why some are delayed. Except the RFIE is about security concerns.

I would suggest you keep trying to speak with a friendly USCIS rep that will help you expedite. 

I didn't talk to tier 2 I guess that will help i will do that. thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.