Jump to content
notantifun

CEAC status is ISSUED, safe to buy ticket?

23 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello.

 

I had my interview last Friday and CO approved on the spot. My case was on Admin Processing from Friday, Sept 1 to Sept 5. This morning, the status changed to Issued. I've tried tracking it on the 2Go website but it's not coming back with anything so it looks like my Passport hasn't been forwarded to them yet.

 

My question is, should I wait until I can track my visa on the courier's tracking system or should I I hold off buying my plane tickets altogether until I have my visa in hand?

Tickets are becoming pricier as days go by thus my question. BTW, I just live in Metro Manila so delivery should just take 4 days max. 

 

Thank you for your feedback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The golden rule is wait until visa in hand.  You literally are almost there.  A few more days is nothing.  

If it were me I would wait.  My then fiance called me as soon as he stepped out of the DHL office.  The minute I knew he had it in hand I booked flights.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We waited until visa was in hand to book too.  But if you're willing to take the small risk, go for it......


First career- 20 year Retired E-8, USAF Missileer,

Second career-Retired Registered Nurse, experience in Labor& Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent & Adult Psych

Third career-Retired IT Developer & Database Administrator for surgical services dept.

 

Immigration Journey:

  • Texas Service Center after transfer from Nebraska
  • Consulate :Taipei, Taiwan
  • Marriage: 7/30/2015
  • I-130 NOA1 : 4/27/2016
  • I-130 Approved :9/8/2016
  • Case received at NVC: 10/11/2016                               
  • Case # and IIN#: 10/24/2016
  • AOS Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • AOS Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • IV Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • IV Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • DS-260 Completed: 10/28/16
  • Scan Date:11/9/2016
  • Supervisor review: 12/21/16 
  • Checklist: 1/13/17 
  • Case Complete: 4/10/17
  • Interview Date: 5/8/17 
  • Visa  "ISSUED": 5/10/17
  • Visa and Passport in hand/Flight to USA Booked!!!: 5/12/17  
  • POE Dallas DFW on June 22, 2017
  • SS Card received : 7/3/2017
  • 2-year Green Card received in mail: 7/15/17
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best to wait till you get your visa in hand. Anything can happen between now and then. Prudence should always be exercised when it comes to US immigration :) Congratulations on the visa approval!


For my I-129F and K-1 detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

 

AOS + EAD + AP

Spoiler

1 March 2018 (Thu): FedEx 2-Day 10.30 AM to Chicago, IL.
5 March 2017 (Fri): Delivered to Chicago, IL. <Signed for by: J. Chyba>
10 March 2018 (Sat): NOA1 hardcopy's date.
12 March 2018 (Mon): Check cashed.
13 March 2018 (Tue): Received text and e-mail notifications.
16 March 2018 (Fri): NOA1 hardcopy via normal mail.

16 March 2018 (Fri):: Biometrics appointment letter's date.

22 March 2018 (Thu): Biometrics appointment letter via normal mail.

5 April 2018 (Thu): Biometrics appointment at 9.00 am.

 

AOS Updates Post-Biometrics

19 July 2018 (Thu): Text and email notifications stating that as of 17 July 2018, case is ready to be scheduled for an interview and a notice will follow.

 

EAD + AP Updates Post-Biometrics

6 August 2018 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy's date.

6 August 2018 (Mon): Text and e-mail notifications received. New card is ordered and being produced.

9 August 2018 (Thu): Text and e-mail notifications received. Card is picked up by USPS.

10 August 2018 (Fri): NOA2 hardcopy via normal mail.

11 August 2018 (Sat): Combo card sent from Lee's Summit, MO via Priority Mail and no signature was required at delivery. Mailman dropped it in the mailbox like regular mails.

** Approved in 158 days **

 

 

If you require my attention or response in the public forum, please quote or tag me in your post as I have turned off the auto-follow function. 

My VJ inbox is always open too. I'm happy to share what I know or assist where I can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I took the risk of booking the flight two weeks after my fiancee's interview.  She had her interview on August 24, and I booked the tickets for this Friday (Sept 8).  In hindsight, I would wait until the visa is in hand to book the tickets as I spent $1,200 on mine and her tickets and was worrying the whole time whether we would have the passport in time.  But thankfully it only took 6 business days (passport received Sept 6) for the passport to get picked up.

 

I would suggesting booking them at least 3 weeks away if you are gonna do it, but waiting to actually receive the passport is a much better option.  Good luck!


TIMELINE

03/14/2017 - I-129F package for K-1 visa sent to Lewisville, TX lockbox via Fedex Ground

03/17/2017 - Package delivery confirmed and "Received Date" per NOA1

06/21/2017 - NOA2 Approval

7/10/2017 - Embassy Received

8/10/2017 - Medical exam complete (one day)

8/24/2017 - Interview at embassy in Manila - Approved

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, notantifun said:

Hello.

 

I had my interview last Friday and CO approved on the spot. My case was on Admin Processing from Friday, Sept 1 to Sept 5. This morning, the status changed to Issued. I've tried tracking it on the 2Go website but it's not coming back with anything so it looks like my Passport hasn't been forwarded to them yet.

 

My question is, should I wait until I can track my visa on the courier's tracking system or should I I hold off buying my plane tickets altogether until I have my visa in hand?

Tickets are becoming pricier as days go by thus my question. BTW, I just live in Metro Manila so delivery should just take 4 days max. 

 

Thank you for your feedback.

Best to wait your visa before getting tickets. Congrats on your visa approval,but want to ask when did you file your case and how long have you waited for approval?thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the consensus is to wait for my visa in hand.

 

I'm flying to the US by around 2nd week of October which leaves me plenty of time. Except, I will be flying first to Australia and I already saw the cheapest flight on September 30. I actually like the suggestion below but of course I'm still anxious if I should proceed. The thing is I can only start booking my accommodations in Autralis and plane ticket to the US once I've booked my ticket to Australia. I get that we wanna be careful but what are the chances of my getting delayed at this point? Issued means the visa has been printed right?

 

5 minutes ago, Ben & Judy Mae said:

I took the risk of booking the flight two weeks after my fiancee's interview.  She had her interview on August 24, and I booked the tickets for this Friday (Sept 8).  In hindsight, I would wait until the visa is in hand to book the tickets as I spent $1,200 on mine and her tickets and was worrying the whole time whether we would have the passport in time.  But thankfully it only took 6 business days (passport received Sept 6) for the passport to get picked up.

 

I would suggesting booking them at least 3 weeks away if you are gonna do it, but waiting to actually receive the passport is a much better option.  Good luck!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, star26 said:

Best to wait your visa before getting tickets. Congrats on your visa approval,but want to ask when did you file your case and how long have you waited for approval?thank you.

NOA1 was January 6, 2017 and I was Approved September 1, 2017. I got held up due to the dreaded sputum test. It's 238 days :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, notantifun said:

NOA1 was January 6, 2017 and I was Approved September 1, 2017. I got held up due to the dreaded sputum test. It's 238 days :D

Wow it's been 8mos,but happy for you guys! Btw your approval dates was the same or closer to your visa journey estimated approval dates given?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, notantifun said:

Looks like the consensus is to wait for my visa in hand.

 

I'm flying to the US by around 2nd week of October which leaves me plenty of time. Except, I will be flying first to Australia and I already saw the cheapest flight on September 30. I actually like the suggestion below but of course I'm still anxious if I should proceed. The thing is I can only start booking my accommodations in Autralis and plane ticket to the US once I've booked my ticket to Australia. I get that we wanna be careful but what are the chances of my getting delayed at this point? Issued means the visa has been printed right?

 

 

The CO told my fiancee after her interview that the passport would be ready in 5-10 business days.  And from my observations on VisaJourney, its seems that is correct as MOST filipino k-1 applicants do receive their passports within 2 weeks of the interview.  Booking your tickets now is a small risk, but it is still a risk.  I would suggest that you don't book any tickets if you cannot afford to lose the money.  If my fiancee's passport was not received in time it would be upsetting, but I was still in a position where I could book another set of tickets just in case.


TIMELINE

03/14/2017 - I-129F package for K-1 visa sent to Lewisville, TX lockbox via Fedex Ground

03/17/2017 - Package delivery confirmed and "Received Date" per NOA1

06/21/2017 - NOA2 Approval

7/10/2017 - Embassy Received

8/10/2017 - Medical exam complete (one day)

8/24/2017 - Interview at embassy in Manila - Approved

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, star26 said:

Wow it's been 8mos,but happy for you guys! Btw your approval dates was the same or closer to your visa journey estimated approval dates given?

The initial VJ estimate for NOA2 was April 1-6 but we got our NOA2 May 8, 2017. We sent in our i129F on January 3. There are still a few January filers who haven't gotten their NOA2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ben & Judy Mae said:

The CO told my fiancee after her interview that the passport would be ready in 5-10 business days.  And from my observations on VisaJourney, its seems that is correct as MOST filipino k-1 applicants do receive their passports within 2 weeks of the interview.  

That's what I was thinking too that's why I thought why not book now.

 

6 minutes ago, Ben & Judy Mae said:

Booking your tickets now is a small risk, but it is still a risk.  I would suggest that you don't book any tickets if you cannot afford to lose the money.  If my fiancee's passport was not received in time it would be upsetting, but I was still in a position where I could book another set of tickets just in case.

You're definitely right. It is a small risk but still a risk. 

And I definitely don't want to lose money but if you think about it I am already losing money since tickets are becoming pricier for each day that passes :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, notantifun said:

Looks like the consensus is to wait for my visa in hand.

 

I'm flying to the US by around 2nd week of October which leaves me plenty of time. Except, I will be flying first to Australia and I already saw the cheapest flight on September 30. I actually like the suggestion below but of course I'm still anxious if I should proceed. The thing is I can only start booking my accommodations in Autralis and plane ticket to the US once I've booked my ticket to Australia. I get that we wanna be careful but what are the chances of my getting delayed at this point? Issued means the visa has been printed right?

 

 

I've been on this forum for a few years.  Let's see, I've read all kinds of crazy things happening...DHL delivery truck robbed and all passports/visas were stolen, embassy visa printing inability, etc.  Albeit rare instances but it seems you don't want to wait so.....

Good Luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LionessDeon said:

I've been on this forum for a few years.  Let's see, I've read all kinds of crazy things happening...DHL delivery truck robbed and all passports/visas were stolen, embassy visa printing inability, etc.  Albeit rare instances but it seems you don't want to wait so.....

Good Luck!

Not that I don't wanna wait, more like weighing my options based on people's experiences and suggestions.

I would actually go with wait til visa is in hand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, LionessDeon said:

I've been on this forum for a few years.  Let's see, I've read all kinds of crazy things happening...DHL delivery truck robbed and all passports/visas were stolen, embassy visa printing inability, etc.  Albeit rare instances but it seems you don't want to wait so.....

Good Luck!

Yup...it's been crazy. The more common one I've seen is that the sealed envelope is damaged during shipping/delivery, and needs to be sent back to the embassy to re-seal, which can add a week or 2 to your timeline.

Edit: Or there's a mistake on the visa itself....i.e. a misspelled name, wrong DOB, etc.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago

9/27/17: received by USCIS

10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received

10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received

10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update)

1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed

1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received

1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice

10/17/18: Interview

10/17/18: Approved

?/?/?: Green card received

 

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/17: sent

12/14/17: NOA1 hard copy received

3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification)

3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved!

3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

 

NVC

4/6/2017: Received

4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy

4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy

4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

 

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×