methold

I-751 September 2017 Filers

1,635 posts in this topic

On 3/14/2019 at 6:22 AM, Jose Jaramillo said:

Thanks to all that responded. I got my  i 751 (filed september 2017 ,Charleston Office) interview to remove conditions today and everything went great. I didn't mention in the original post that I had filed N400 in September 2018 too. I got that interview on 12/10/18 but went without my wife so the officer told me I would be rescheduled because that was a combo interview and my wife had to be with me. So one piece of advice, if you get the combo interview, take your spouse with you, no matter what.

Today I thought I'd only have the i751 interview, the officer was super nice and told me after approving my i751 (very simple questions) "you're not going anywhere, since you're here let's have the N400 interview too" I waited in the lobby for around 20' checking my Civics Test app (there are a few on the appstore) this really helped me prepare. After that time, another officer called me and conducted the N400 interview, he made me read one sentence from a Tablet (who's the commander in chief of armed forces? ) and asked me to write the answer on the same tablet with a stylus. He then asked me 6 questions from that booklet they have , I answered correctly all of them.During the interview he asked me questions covering his mouth while typing in the computer, I guess to test my listening English skills, he asked me simple questions (what's your SSN, where do you work etc) but in low voice and covering his mouth, this was kind of funny. 

He finally told me I'd passed everything and to wait outside and that he was going to try to give me an Oath Ceremony date today too. 15' later they called me to give me form  N445 (Naturalization Oath Ceremony). I will attend my Oath Ceremony on 03/26.

Thanks a lot for the help during all this time, I constantly checked this forum for the last 2/3 years. It was of great help.

Good luck to all

JJ 

•  

Congratulations! Enjoy your Oath Ceremony!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
12 minutes ago, hammad1987 said:

I applied i751 in September 2017 and N400 in Oct 2018

Havent heard back from any of those; I check status online and it says still in process.

I applied for both i751 in 09/12 and N400 09/6 ... both are pending ... got a response from uscis saying they would adjudicate both applications together and already sent to my local office (Dallas) - that's like a very long wait 'cos of the backlogs there.

So you might be in same boat too and depending on how fast your local office is with N400 processing ...

Filed: Timeline
2 minutes ago, mymercy said:

I applied for both i751 in 09/12 and N400 09/6 ... both are pending ... got a response from uscis saying they would adjudicate both applications together and already sent to my local office (Dallas) - that's like a very long wait 'cos of the backlogs there.

So you might be in same boat too and depending on how fast your local office is with N400 processing ...

Did they automaticallg send you a response? I havent heard a peep from them. Last document I got was the 18 month extension.

I live im Austin TX and I dont know my local office. Maybe san antonio? 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, hammad1987 said:

Did they automaticallg send you a response? I havent heard a peep from them. Last document I got was the 18 month extension.

I live im Austin TX and I dont know my local office. Maybe san antonio? 

No, I didn't get automatic response ... I opened an case inquiry for my i751 on the uscis website ...

Texas is the slowest state of all the 50 states so you're looking at averagely 12 months or more wait time for the N400 ... so I guess you just relax and wait :)

It's currently showing this now ... so check again in few days to see if it brings in September for a case inquiry and send in a request

image.thumb.png.b6e63e0e0b71697caf4a8a9b59cd025e.png

Edited by mymercy

Filed: Timeline

Need advice

submitted i751 sept 2017-still pending

submitted n400 oct 2018-still pending with estimated completion jan 2020

18 month notice sent for green card expires june 2019

want sto travel in july

3 nearest infopass offices online say that they do not accept/schedule appointments currently

what to do? 

Edited by hammad1987

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
17 minutes ago, hammad1987 said:

Need advice

want sto travel in july

3 nearest infopass offices online say that they do not accept/schedule appointments currently

what to do? 

Call USCIS customer service.  The agent will work with your local office to get you an appointment.

Timeline
15 hours ago, hammad1987 said:

Need advice

want sto travel in july

what to do? 

Just like GBOS mentioned above, call them to schedule an appointment.

Also, some offices take walk-in if say your extension is expiring this month and you just show the security guys the expiry date and your passport.

Good luck

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Am a Sept 2017 filer WAC1734

Oct 2018 Applied for N400 

March 20th 2019 received an update that my N400 interview is scheduled 

Just waiting for  🐌 mail to catch up 

Thanks for all the support, vj has been an invaluable resource! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 3/24/2019 at 10:10 AM, monsoon411 said:

Am a Sept 2017 filer WAC1734

Oct 2018 Applied for N400 

March 20th 2019 received an update that my N400 interview is scheduled 

Just waiting for  🐌 mail to catch up 

Thanks for all the support, vj has been an invaluable resource! 

This is a good indication that the ones who filed for citizenship is now moving.

K-1 VISA (Wife Petition)

03/07/2015 - Mailed I-129F package

03/18/2015 - Received text and email NOA1 was received

04/07/2015 - Received text and email NOA2 was approved

04/10/2015 - Received NOA2 Hard Copy

04/24/2015 - NVC received our package

04/29/2015 - Date Case #, IIN and BIN assigned

05/01/2015 - Date package left NVC

05/04/2015 - Date received by consulate

05/14/2015 - Medical Appointment

06/02/2015 - US Embassy Interview Approved

06/10/2015 - Received US Visa from 2GO

06/15/2015 - CFO

06/17/2015 - US Arrival

07/17/2015 - Wedding Day

EAD

08/24/2015 - NOA1 date

10/26/2015 - Approved

10/31/2015 - Received EAD card

AP

08/24/2015 - NOA1 date

10/26/2015 - Approved

AOS

08/15/2015 - AOS Filing

08/24/2015 - NOA1 date

09/21/2015 - Biometrics

11/30/2015 - Interview (Approved)

12/07/2015 - Green Card Received

***(09/1/2017 - Removal of Condition)

My I-751 receipt date is September 1, 2017 and it is still pending ... and has passed the inquiry date... Guess something went wrong?

Called USCIS last Friday and was told that they would call me to schedule an INFOPASS appointment at a local office. Still waiting now...

1 minute ago, Dadara said:

My I-751 receipt date is September 1, 2017 and it is still pending ... and has passed the inquiry date... Guess something went wrong?

Called USCIS last Friday and was told that they would call me to schedule an INFOPASS appointment at a local office. Still waiting now...

Did you file n400 ?

41 minutes ago, holidaywkhcx said:

Did you file n400 ?

No, not yet.

I want to get the 10-year GC before I file N-400.

Btw, I think NY filers are using Vermont Center. You are in NY but why do you have Texas Service Center in your profile?

12 minutes ago, Dadara said:

No, not yet.

Btw, I think NY filers are using Vermont Center. You are in NY but why do you have Texas Service Center in your profile?

that's the office where we filed k1 visa. Vermont for i751

On 3/25/2019 at 6:33 PM, Dadara said:

No, not yet.

Went to INFOPASS today and was told that my case was still in process and NY i-751 filers are waiting up to 3 years...

Gave me a 551 stamp on my passport and told me to keep waiting without worrying too much or file N-400 directly.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.