marcusa

N400 filers at Minneapolis,MN

2,267 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, PaddyGirl13 said:

Great news! I applied January 2020, so hopefully I hear in the next month or so, not getting my hope up though.

I think currently, the "estimated completion time" on your profile is accurate for MN filers. You will probably get an interview for that month or next. Goodluck. 

Bit of info on how they are doing oath ceremonies in Minneapolis, in case it's useful to you.  I had mine today after an interview at the end of December.  The oath ceremony was scheduled for 1pm at the same location as the interview (Marquette Ave downtown).  The judge joined the room by video conference and there were 12 of us in the room.  It sounded like they were running ceremonies every half hour or so this afternoon.  It was very quick - judge comes on, we take the oath, then collect the naturalization certificate at the exit.

Good luck to you all - I had applied in October 2019, but my interview was cancelled then rescheduled due to covid.

9 minutes ago, cfczeek said:

Bit of info on how they are doing oath ceremonies in Minneapolis, in case it's useful to you.  I had mine today after an interview at the end of December.  The oath ceremony was scheduled for 1pm at the same location as the interview (Marquette Ave downtown).  The judge joined the room by video conference and there were 12 of us in the room.  It sounded like they were running ceremonies every half hour or so this afternoon.  It was very quick - judge comes on, we take the oath, then collect the naturalization certificate at the exit.

Good luck to you all - I had applied in October 2019, but my interview was cancelled then rescheduled due to covid.

Awesome info. Thank you.

12 hours ago, Sdfg said:

I think currently, the "estimated completion time" on your profile is accurate for MN filers. You will probably get an interview for that month or next. Goodluck. 

Let’s hope so. Let’s hope the new administration could speed up things. The current administration in the last 4 years has slowed the process down dramatically.  I applied in July 2020. “Estimated completion time shows May 2021 (in 4 months) Nothing happened after the original receipt notice. 

Edited by aorich

Hi, I’m new to this thread. I’ve applied for my n400c in  August 2019. My interview was de scheduled 2 times (due to covid). I finally got an interview scheduled for September of 2020 (passed) with the case completion of November 2020.  Now it’s estimated for April 2021.  I’ve request a case inquiry December 2020 (wait time 30 days for a response) called USCIS and they have no updates on what’s the hold up on my case (it’s been over 120 day since my interview). Hopefully 🙏 I’ll be able to get an update soon! 

Edited by Jasmon

On 1/8/2021 at 2:19 PM, cfczeek said:

Thank you for the info !!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I’m wondering who on here has an N400 interview scheduled in Minneapolis for the next few weeks? So basically for the rest of January/ beginning of February and when it is you filled your N400? Thank you! 

On 1/16/2021 at 6:48 PM, mvan said:

I’m wondering who on here has an N400 interview scheduled in Minneapolis for the next few weeks? So basically for the rest of January/ beginning of February and when it is you filled your N400? Thank you! 

from what i have been reading here, people who have gotten interviews , applied on december 2019. i have applied end of january 2020, still no interview notice .. 

when did you apply ?

2 hours ago, India_delta said:

from what i have been reading here, people who have gotten interviews , applied on december 2019. i have applied end of january 2020, still no interview notice .. 

when did you apply ?

I applied N400 online on October 1st 2020 absolutely no movement since October with estimated completion date of July 2021.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 1/20/2021 at 7:48 AM, India_delta said:

when did you apply ?

I applied on January 15 of 2020, so we have very close to the same timeline. I pray we both hear something soon. I actually had an info pass appointment about a month ago to renew my i551 and at that time the officer said “looks like you are next in line to get scheduled for an interview” yet I haven’t heard anything for a month lol. 

Filed: Other Timeline
7 hours ago, mvan said:

I applied on January 15 of 2020, so we have very close to the same timeline. I pray we both hear something soon. I actually had an info pass appointment about a month ago to renew my i551 and at that time the officer said “looks like you are next in line to get scheduled for an interview” yet I haven’t heard anything for a month lol. 

From following closely, it seems like you will soon be notified for an interview. That would be my educated guess. Do us a favor; please fill out your timeline so that you may be added to database of time lines for the Minneapolis office and please update us when you get an interview.  Thanks... 

On 1/20/2021 at 6:48 AM, India_delta said:

when did you apply ?

Could you please update your timeline so that it may be reflected on the averaging of how long it is taking for people to get interviews?  

I have just heard that someone who applied on Feb 8th at the Minneapolis office just received an update that their interview was scheduled.  They did not know when their interview will be at the time.  I just wanted to update people who are waiting.

I also noticed that the "range" for processing time was changed to 14.5 monthns - 20.5 months.  That means they are taking about 14.5 month to finish half of the cases they have at this point (which is one month longer than last month).  The 20.5 months means that they are finishing majority of cases faster by a factor of 2 months (in comparison to last month).  That means they were focusing more on the cases they were put on hold for a long time this past month more so than taking cases from their regular minneapolis area waiting line.

Most importantly, things are moving... exciting... and it may be related to the new administration. who knows!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 1/16/2021 at 9:48 AM, mvan said:

Hi mvan. We filed February 8, 2020 and we received notification of the Interview appointment today - the interview date is February 22... so the whole process to that point will have taken just over a year.

Hang in there... the interviews don't always happen "...in the order in which they were received". But your turn will come, probably just as you give up and decide to stop watching for updates! 

Edited by rocklobstermass

K1

02/11/16 - Form I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

08/30/16 - Rio Consulate Interview - 221(g) - Incorrect State Police Certificate submitted - case approved pending submission of correct certificate

09/26/16 - Passport received (with K1 Visa)

10/04/16 - POE Atlanta

10/24/16 - SSN application submitted

10/29/16 - Marriage

AOS

11/10/16 - Forms I-485, I-765, and I-131 mailed to Chicago lockbox

12/21/16 - Biometrics Appointment - St Paul, MN

02/13/17 - I-765, I-131 Approved: New Card is being Produced

05/08/17 - I-485 NOA2 text and e-mail received (Approved - no interview)

05/13/17 - Conditional (2-year) Green Card Received

ROC

02/12/2019 - Form I-751 mailed to Phoenix lockbox

08/27/2019 - Biometrics (Walk-In) - St Paul, MN

12/17/2019 - I-751 Approved: New Card is being Produced (NO Interview)

12/21/2019 - 10-year Green Card received via USPS

N-400

02/08/2020 - Form N-400 Submitted Online

03/02/2020 - Biometrics Appointment - St Paul MN

02/22/2021 - N-400 Interview - Minneapolis, MN - APPROVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.