marcusa

N400 filers at Minneapolis,MN

2,267 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Sdfg said:

Y'all keep checking this everyday?? Lol

I filed last May and I think last time i checked it says June. Just leave it and wait for when the actual date comes. I don't bother to check anymore. 

No, I check every now and then because I filed in September and haven't had biometrics yet.

8 hours ago, Sdfg said:

Y'all keep checking this everyday?? Lol

I filed last May and I think last time i checked it says June. Just leave it and wait for when the actual date comes. I don't bother to check anymore. 

haha yes, i didn’t check for the first a few months. I’ve been checking everyday for almost two months now. It’s my morning routine while I drink my morning coffee and read the news before I start my day. I think i secretly and naively hope that somehow my frequent login will trigger them to process my app sooner. I know i am talking wishful thinking nonsense. But it takes 1 minute to do it. so I don’t mind. 

It’s weird right before i wrote this reply i just checked the second time in one day. I noticed something i didn’t earlier. I RECEIVED a bio reuse letter yesterday, the same day that the estimated completion date changed and pushed 3 months further.  I hope it’s a sign that i will get scheduled for interview soon. 

“U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has received your form and is currently processing your application, petition, or request. This notice informs you that USCIS is able to reuse your previously captured fingerprints and other biometrics. USCIS will run the same security checks and use your biometric data as in the past, however, it is not necessary for you to appear at a USCIS Application Support Center (ASC) for a biometrics appointment. The biometrics fee will not be refunded.”

6 hours ago, aorich said:I RECEIVED a bio reuse letter yesterday, the same day that the estimated completion date changed and pushed 3 months further. 

Thanks for letting us know, I just checked mine and same thing!

8 hours ago, aorich said:

haha yes, i didn’t check for the first a few months. I’ve been checking everyday for almost two months now. It’s my morning routine while I drink my morning coffee and read the news before I start my day. I think i secretly and naively hope that somehow my frequent login will trigger them to process my app sooner. I know i am talking wishful thinking nonsense. But it takes 1 minute to do it. so I don’t mind. 

It’s weird right before i wrote this reply i just checked the second time in one day. I noticed something i didn’t earlier. I RECEIVED a bio reuse letter yesterday, the same day that the estimated completion date changed and pushed 3 months further.  I hope it’s a sign that i will get scheduled for interview soon. 

“U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has received your form and is currently processing your application, petition, or request. This notice informs you that USCIS is able to reuse your previously captured fingerprints and other biometrics. USCIS will run the same security checks and use your biometric data as in the past, however, it is not necessary for you to appear at a USCIS Application Support Center (ASC) for a biometrics appointment. The biometrics fee will not be refunded.”

When was the last time you did a biometrics that they are now able to re-use it?

Filed late October 2020 and got the biometrics reuse notice online yesterday. Besides the waiting game what comes next ? My estimated timeline also jumped from August to November 2021

Edited by sausa

F(1) Student on OPT doing AOS

12/05/2016 --> Package sent to Chicago lockbox

12/07/2016 --> Package Delivered

12/15/2016 --> Checks Cashed!

12/16/2016 --> Electronic NOA recieved 23:31

9 hours ago, aorich said:

When did you file? I got my reuse notice yesterday too.

F(1) Student on OPT doing AOS

12/05/2016 --> Package sent to Chicago lockbox

12/07/2016 --> Package Delivered

12/15/2016 --> Checks Cashed!

12/16/2016 --> Electronic NOA recieved 23:31

Just checked by status, and found that I had a biometrics reuse letter in my documents folder dated Feb 12.  I applied for my N400 in April 2020, and last did biometrics back in 2014 (for removal of Green Card Conditions). Current target date for completion shows as May 2021. 

I smiled when I also noticed that they stated in the letter that there wouldn't be a refund of the biometric fee!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Interview tomorrow, anyone know is this done on video chat or through plexiglass? Did the officer ask you vocab questions from the yes/no section?

Edited by TEX_715

1 hour ago, TEX_715 said:

Interview tomorrow, anyone know is this done on video chat or through plexiglass? Did the officer ask you vocab questions from the yes/no section?

It is not video. And vocab questions depends on your interviewer. I was scared they ll ask my dad 3wks ago as well, but the interviewer was easy on him. Goodluck. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.