marcusa

N400 filers at Minneapolis,MN

2,267 posts in this topic

My husbands interview is March 5th. Anyone here interviewing on March 5th? I will be there in case they want to interview me as well. We are going to bring ROC and N400 packet along with all required items listed on letter. We are going to bring all uscis notices from ROC and N400. Going to bring all evidences from past 6 months. Current lease, copy of tax return for 2018, tax transcripts from last few years. Another copy of health insurance card. Utility bills.

We haven't left country since N400 but there is a minor mistake on one travel date saying we left 2 days earlier then we actually did. Should we print out they page of the N400, correct it and highlight the correction or should we just type it up normal in a Word document?

Should we do this with his recent employers as well from the past year if so should we reprint out that page of N400 or just make a Word document?

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, Filya said:

@Mapleine, were you #80 on Feb, 6th? If yes, I remember you :)

Passed interview on Feb 6th as well, no oath update yet :(

P56! 

I was chatting up one of the security guards and was seated near the check in desk. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, corvusheart said:

My husbands interview is March 5th. Anyone here interviewing on March 5th? I will be there in case they want to interview me as well. We are going to bring ROC and N400 packet along with all required items listed on letter. We are going to bring all uscis notices from ROC and N400. Going to bring all evidences from past 6 months. Current lease, copy of tax return for 2018, tax transcripts from last few years. Another copy of health insurance card. Utility bills.

We haven't left country since N400 but there is a minor mistake on one travel date saying we left 2 days earlier then we actually did. Should we print out they page of the N400, correct it and highlight the correction or should we just type it up normal in a Word document?

Should we do this with his recent employers as well from the past year if so should we reprint out that page of N400 or just make a Word document?

Your agent will go over every bit of your N-400 application for accuracy. 

I wrote up my additional travel and he added it in. Thus, I think the format is irrelevant. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Two weeks left, still waiting for oath letter...

Edited by Filya

ATTENTION!!!   Minneapolis N400 filers,  please use the link below to review others or update your status .!  Changes will be saved automatically. Best luck to all of us! 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q2WooojyQKVxbF_N6bxO8muQM8QjybXZVv5QzSqDWAk/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 hours ago, floricika009 said:

Anyone had their interview in Fargo ND? I applied for citizenship in March 31, 2018 and I751 pending since April 2017. 

No interview letter yet. I have a friend that applied in April and he already got the interview letter at St Paul.

I am also in Fargo nd but I applied in August. We are not many in ND so i guess they are waiting for a significant number of applicants.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline
2 hours ago, floricika009 said:

Anyone had their interview in Fargo ND? I applied for citizenship in March 31, 2018 and I751 pending since April 2017. 

No interview letter yet. I have a friend that applied in April and he already got the interview letter at St Paul.

just did biometrics there this past Tues. 

A Tale of Two Dakotaraguans

K1 Journey - 78 Days

Sent I-129F - 11/16/15 [Day 1]
NOA1 - 11/18 (Hard copy: 11/24) [Day 2, Day 8]
NOA2 - 12/18 (Hard copy: 12/26) [Day 32, Day 40]
NVC received file: 1/05/2016 [Day 50] Obtained NVC invoice number, paid visa fee, filled out DS-160: 1/06 [Day 51]
Fiancé's medical: 1/12 9:00am [Day 57]
Interview: 1/22 9:30am, Approved! [67 days] (F)
Visa status on ceac site= "AP": 1/25, "Issued":01/27, "In Transit: 2/02", Visa packet in hand: 2/03 [Day 78]
POE: (Houston) 2/04, North Dakota arrival: 2/05

Married (civil): 2/05/16 (L)

AOS - 55 Days

I-485, AP, EAD sent : 3/03/2016 [Day 1]

Delivered: 3/04 [Day 2]

Electronic NOA1: 3/08 [Day 5]  NOA1 Hardcopy rcv'd in mail: 3/12 [Day 9]; Biometric Notification rcv'd in mail: 3/26 [Day 23]; Biometrics Appt: 4/06 in Fargo, ND [Day 33]

Notification(s): "Your new card is being produced" 4/23 [Day 48] ; "Your case was approved" 4/26 [Day 51]; "Your card was mailed on 4/27" 4/28 [Day 53]

Green Card in Hand: 4/30 [Day 55]

D-day ("Dress day"/I do...again Day/wedding reception): 9/10/16

ROC - 390 days 

Spoiler

Window opens: 1/24/2018

Package sent: 1/26, Delivered on 1/29 at 11:17am to CSC - [Day 1]

Check cashed: 1/31 [Day 3]

NOA1: 1/29 [Day 1]; NOA rcv'd in mail: 2/02 [Day 4]

Biometrics  Sent 5/5, rcv'd in mail 5/12 [Day 107]

Biometrics appt: Not required

18 Month extension letter received, dated 8/18: 8/24/18 [Day 211]

"New Card Being Produced" - 2/11/19 [Day 382], email "we mailed your card on 2/14" - 2/15

Card arrived: 2/19/19 [Day 390]

Citizenship - 643 Days

Spoiler

Window opens: 01/24/2019

E-file: 01/28/2019 [Day 1]

Biometrics = scheduled: 02/01 [Day 4], view uploaded document: 02/05 [Day 8], appointment day: 02/19 [Day 22] In Fargo, ND

Interview scheduled notification online: 9/3/20 [Day 585]

Interview in Minneapolis, MN: 10/20/20 [Day 632] at 12:15 PM: passed/approved

Oath Ceremony: scheduled 10/20, view letter online 10/21

Oath : Fargo, ND 2:15pm at sanctuary events center. No guests allowed

1808 total days of thinking about/waiting for immigrations!

Applied for US Passport 11/4/2020, application approved 1/26/21, passport and naturalization cert received in mailbox: 1/28/21 📘

20 minutes ago, Citizendan said:

I am also in Fargo nd but I applied in August. We are not many in ND so i guess they are waiting for a significant number of applicants.

I hope I get the interview letter soon cause I am beyond frustrated with all this process. Almost 2 years since I sent the paperwork.

Make sense that they are waiting for a number of applicants before sending the letters. 

Thanks for your input.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 minutes ago, floricika009 said:

I hope I get the interview letter soon cause I am beyond frustrated with all this process. Almost 2 years since I sent the paperwork.

Make sense that they are waiting for a number of applicants before sending the letters. 

Thanks for your input.

You welcome. They do two oath ceremonies in ND. One in June and the other in September. You will definitely be in the June ceremony if your background check is completed.

Timeline
4 hours ago, floricika009 said:

Thanks for your input.

Letters to both Senator and Ombudsman cost nothing and don’t require a lawyer either, but can greatly help with your case. At least Senator office helped with my i485 delayed past any reasonable limits.

ATTENTION!!!   Minneapolis N400 filers,  please use the link below to review others or update your status .!  Changes will be saved automatically. Best luck to all of us! 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q2WooojyQKVxbF_N6bxO8muQM8QjybXZVv5QzSqDWAk/edit?usp=sharing

I passed the N400 interview last Monday. But had a pending i-751...

so I had to get my 2rd extension stamp yesterday. (had to check infopass for dozen times a day to get an appt and finally got one around 2 am in the morning because my first stamp was expiring in few days) 

By surprise, the nice officer who interviewed me were at the kiosk and stamped me for another 1 year.  I asked her whats going on with my case and she basically said that it is out of her control since (other officers) have to work on my i-751 or something????

i dont know.  im just speechless. why does it have to take so long to adjudicate my case it is been 2 years already since i filed to get my condition removed hahahah  🙄

2 years 1 week later... still waiting.

Anyway, those who have their oaths scheduled and those who are waiting to get interviewed ALL the BEST 😍

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
On 2/21/2019 at 3:26 PM, floricika009 said:

Thanks for your input.

On 2/21/2019 at 12:40 PM, floricika009 said:

My husband's case is from March 3, 2018. We live in Minnesota, but about 2 hours north of Fargo, so he did his biometrics in Fargo.

Still no movement here and no word from USCIS.

Maybe we should have our own Fargo thread since the old one is dead.  😎 Maybe you don't feel this way in ND, but the whole state can feel very Twin Cities centered as it is.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline
7 hours ago, N-o-l-a said:

Maybe we should have our own Fargo thread since the old one is dead.

I second this! 

A Tale of Two Dakotaraguans

K1 Journey - 78 Days

Sent I-129F - 11/16/15 [Day 1]
NOA1 - 11/18 (Hard copy: 11/24) [Day 2, Day 8]
NOA2 - 12/18 (Hard copy: 12/26) [Day 32, Day 40]
NVC received file: 1/05/2016 [Day 50] Obtained NVC invoice number, paid visa fee, filled out DS-160: 1/06 [Day 51]
Fiancé's medical: 1/12 9:00am [Day 57]
Interview: 1/22 9:30am, Approved! [67 days] (F)
Visa status on ceac site= "AP": 1/25, "Issued":01/27, "In Transit: 2/02", Visa packet in hand: 2/03 [Day 78]
POE: (Houston) 2/04, North Dakota arrival: 2/05

Married (civil): 2/05/16 (L)

AOS - 55 Days

I-485, AP, EAD sent : 3/03/2016 [Day 1]

Delivered: 3/04 [Day 2]

Electronic NOA1: 3/08 [Day 5]  NOA1 Hardcopy rcv'd in mail: 3/12 [Day 9]; Biometric Notification rcv'd in mail: 3/26 [Day 23]; Biometrics Appt: 4/06 in Fargo, ND [Day 33]

Notification(s): "Your new card is being produced" 4/23 [Day 48] ; "Your case was approved" 4/26 [Day 51]; "Your card was mailed on 4/27" 4/28 [Day 53]

Green Card in Hand: 4/30 [Day 55]

D-day ("Dress day"/I do...again Day/wedding reception): 9/10/16

ROC - 390 days 

Spoiler

Window opens: 1/24/2018

Package sent: 1/26, Delivered on 1/29 at 11:17am to CSC - [Day 1]

Check cashed: 1/31 [Day 3]

NOA1: 1/29 [Day 1]; NOA rcv'd in mail: 2/02 [Day 4]

Biometrics  Sent 5/5, rcv'd in mail 5/12 [Day 107]

Biometrics appt: Not required

18 Month extension letter received, dated 8/18: 8/24/18 [Day 211]

"New Card Being Produced" - 2/11/19 [Day 382], email "we mailed your card on 2/14" - 2/15

Card arrived: 2/19/19 [Day 390]

Citizenship - 643 Days

Spoiler

Window opens: 01/24/2019

E-file: 01/28/2019 [Day 1]

Biometrics = scheduled: 02/01 [Day 4], view uploaded document: 02/05 [Day 8], appointment day: 02/19 [Day 22] In Fargo, ND

Interview scheduled notification online: 9/3/20 [Day 585]

Interview in Minneapolis, MN: 10/20/20 [Day 632] at 12:15 PM: passed/approved

Oath Ceremony: scheduled 10/20, view letter online 10/21

Oath : Fargo, ND 2:15pm at sanctuary events center. No guests allowed

1808 total days of thinking about/waiting for immigrations!

Applied for US Passport 11/4/2020, application approved 1/26/21, passport and naturalization cert received in mailbox: 1/28/21 📘

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 2/12/2019 at 12:33 PM, Shadyoak said:

Hi Folks

I just stumbled on this webpage trying to get some info and noticed there is a forum here so wanted to also update my case.I just had my N400 Interview yesterday 02/11 in Minneapolis Office at 12 pm.

My situation I am pending I 751 since Feb 2017 & then applied online for Naturalisation on 11 Feb 2018 using the 3 year rule. I had the biometrics in March 2018 and since then had been waiting for an update.
In january 2019 i got a mail for the N400 interview on 2/11/19 exacty 1 year after i had applied for naturalization.

So i arrived in the office at 11:45 and checked in waited till 12:15 when i was called. The officer (Quackenbush,N) received me at the door and i asked her first thing if this is going to be a combo interview and i have my wife & kid waiting outside. 
She said no we dont need them i have just reviewed your file and approved your pending i751 the doc's you had provided were sufficient, so we will just have your N400 Interview.

I went in the office and handed her my ID & Passport with i 551 stamp she asked for the original GC, which the same office had taken away in october when i had come in to get the temp I551 as i was travelling overseas and she was like okay and put those notes and took a copy of the i551 stamp.

She started to review my application with current address, work place etc and made updates as i had changed my employer and then dates/purpose of travel i had in the last 5 years, then she went to the Yes/No questions almost like 30 Questions then proceeded to the civics test & english test which went really good.

Then she was like i can tell you have passed and approved but i cannot put it in the system as i have just approved your i 751 and that needs to be entered in to a different system before i can approve your N400 application. She was a very sweet person said believe me i dont want to hold this file open just give me time till friday hopefully 
you will get the notification for the oath scheduling. She handed me the N-652 form with a check mark on the Passed English , civics test & a second check mark on "A decision cannot be made yet about your Appliation" 

She then walked me out back to the waiting area. So almost there but still feels a long way ! :D

Hope i get the updates soon. 

Hey All

Just wanted to share an update, my N400 interview was 2 weeks ago Feb 11 and since then my N400 & I-751 status was the same. Just this morning my pending i 751 receipt# now shows - On February 21, 2019, we ordered your new card.....
I was told during the N400 interview that my I751 was approved but just needed to be entered in the system then the N400 could be approved. She said it would take EOW but finally after 2 weeks something changed. I'm hoping the next update will be for N400 approval. Thank god i see some movement :)

Timeline

Any movement in Minneapolis office is great!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.