Geo_nerd82

Less than average time??

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Filed with California Service Center early July, fiancee lives in Brazil and will be going through the Rio de Janeiro embassy, and the search feature here still sucks. 

Anyways, on to the main event....

I'm not anticipating things taking less than the average time of three and a half months for form 129f and five for the whole process, but I have heard enough stories of things taking less than the average time for me to wonder. Especially was a case a friend of mine had where her and her fiancee had the whole process done in two weeks (different service center and her fiancee lived in the States), but this is definitely an extreme example. 

So, to sum up, do things happen faster than normal, how often and have you heard of any cases specifically and how long did those take?

Or, any of those you want to answer....

There was a month or two where I-129F petitions were approved within just four weeks, as I remember. (Earlier this year, I believe?)  Approval times kinda relay on the volume of petitions, plus each case is different. Don't compare, it's frustrating. 

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

Circa Q4 of 2016, I-129Fs were approved on an average of 40 days. As for currently, it takes closer to 4 months to get a NOA2. Some have been waiting more than 4 months too. It's case by case and sometimes is probably luck of the draw :) 

Just don't book or pay for anything that cannot be refunded or changed. 

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Just remember to get an average of 13 weeks and outliers at 4 weeks there are as many longer as there are shorter. You will drive yourself crazy what-iffing

48 minutes ago, Sarah&Facundo said:

I received the NOA2 two weeks after NOA1 earlier this year. We were SHOCKED but it does happen.

I understand it does happen but for every 2 week difference there is one that is double the expected time, its random and impossible to predict

30 minutes ago, Randyandyuni said:

I understand it does happen but for every 2 week difference there is one that is double the expected time, its random and impossible to predict

Oh absolutely! It isn't the norm and I would never count on it. We somehow got really lucky. He just asked and I was only replying to say it IS possible, but don't count on it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.