Waitinggame16

Chicago N400 filers

2,519 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, G.G. said:

Hi everyone. I had my interview today in Chicago. The male officer was nice (even though i was late 15 min because of the traffic). Civic test passed well. I had a couple of speeding tickets in the past. He went through all of them in the application and asked me if any of it involved an arrest/DUI or fines over $500. None of it was, so he said he doesn't need any documentation regarding them, just asked me to verbally confirm that I did paid all the fines related to those tickets. He asked to see my tax returns for the past 5 years, I showed him the IRS Transcripts. He said the transcripts are good,  BUT it doesn't show him that I actually paid my taxes, so he asked me If I have proofs of payments like bank statements showing tax payments for the past 5 years or Record of Account Transcript for the last 5 years. So be sure to bring that too. I never heard that they require anything else besides IRS Return Transcripts so I didn't bother bringing anything else. This officer was interested in the Record of Account Transcript NOT the Return Transcript so he said that if I upload this in my USCIS account by Monday he will recommend my application for approval, otherwise if he doesn't see it by Monday, he will send an official Request for Future Evidence and that this could possibly delay everything. I left the interview with a check mark next to: A DECISION CANNOT YET BE MADE ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION 😞.  As soon as I got home I uploaded everything in my USCIS account from the IRS website. Now I really hope that he will check that soon and move my case forward, and not just set it aside for a couple of months like they usually do.

SUPER helpful, thank you!!! I had just the transcripts uploaded so I just now uploaded the Record of Account for each year as well.

32 minutes ago, keyuree1 said:

Thank you for the great info. May I ask...did you apply based on the 3 year rule or the 5? Also, if I go on the IRS website, where can I find the Record of Account Transcript? Did they ask for any other documents? Thank you and congrats!

You can download them from here:

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Greg C said:

SUPER helpful, thank you!!! I had just the transcripts uploaded so I just now uploaded the Record of Account for each year as well.

You can download them from here:

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

Got it! Thank you!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Uganda
Timeline
On 9/23/2021 at 12:03 PM, CaneK said:

Anyone with a March 2021 filing date got an interview notice? Mine still says 7 months estimate although i know that is not exactly accurate. I have a feeling Chicago has way more applicants than other states.

March 2nd 2021 filer just got interview scheduled on Friday November 12,I filled under 3 year rule

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Chicago IL said:

March 2nd 2021 filer just got interview scheduled on Friday November 12,I filled under 3 year rule

Incredible, congratulations!! March 7 2021 here so hoping to hear something soon!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi everyone, I completed my ceremony today in Chicago and am now a US Citizen!

The ceremony was in the Quincy Courtyard outside the courthouse. There were about 60 attendees at the ceremony. We were assigned seats that were well spaced-out. Guests were allowed to be present, but there was nowhere for them to sit (so they were all grouped together on a single bench: not great social distancing). Guests were also restricted by security to about 1/3 of the courtyard area (not beyond the flagpole). We were allowed to take photos, just not of the judge, and not pointing back into the courthouse security.

It took a long time to check everyone in for the ceremony, one-by-one. When we were checking in, they checked our ceremony invitation letter, collected our green card, and then showed us our naturalization certificates (to check for errors). After confirming that there were no errors, we were seated. (Side note: if it rained, I would have gotten wet in my seat. I don't know what they would have done if the weather were rainy)

As others have said, there is really no benefit to getting there more than 30 minutes early. Checking people in was completed about 15 minutes after the posted start time of the ceremony. So the ceremony started 30 minutes after the posted time. The whole ceremony itself then went for about 30 minutes. The judge personalized the ceremony a bit, to make it as special as one could, given the pandemic circumstances.

It was breezy outside today, and a bit chilly in the shade. The judge remarked that with the weather cooling off that they didn't think there would be many more weeks this year that they would be able to conduct outdoor ceremonies. It's a pity, because I'm sure that when they go back to indoor ceremonies that they will necessarily be smaller groups.

At the completion of the ceremony, we were handed our certificates, and instructed to check the details one last time (because if we noticed there and then that there was a mistake on it, it could be corrected USCIS for free). They were emphatic about signing the certificate in black ink only, and not laminating the certificate.

They also said that USCIS takes about 7-10 days to update their records with Social Security. This was interesting to me, because (hopefully) that is one less next government office to go through updating. In any case, USCIS encouraged us to contact SSA to find out about getting a new Social Security card, without a 'DHS authorization' annotation on it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
5 hours ago, freemanrnd said:

Congrats!I still waiting for oath date,15 days, looks like my date be on my vacation in November(

Thanks! Good luck!

I waited three weeks from approval to the notice showing up in myUSCIS. Then the ceremony date was two weeks later. So for me, the ceremony was five weeks after the approval.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2021 at 6:03 PM, freemanrnd said:

almost month no news((

That’s sad. I’m a week behind you, also waiting for Oath notice. Please update us when you get your Oath scheduled. I’m planning a vacation and I don’t know if to go now or to wait after the Oath

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, G.G. said:

That’s sad. I’m a week behind you, also waiting for Oath notice. Please update us when you get your Oath scheduled. I’m planning a vacation and I don’t know if to go now or to wait after the Oath

Called them yesterday,said no choice just wait

I've got strong feeling that I would get an interview scheduled notice pretty soon after I saw Greg (above post) got his interview scheduled for Monday November 29 and he filed on March 7.. I checked my USCIS portal couple of times times today but there was no update and estimated complete time was still showing 8 months (it was showing 8 months for past two months). I just checked it again about 30 minutes ago and guess what! Boomm! Interview scheduled for December 1, 2021.. Filed on March 17, 2021.. Hope you all will get an interview scheduled letter/notice soon! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
44 minutes ago, SeekTheRed said:

I've got strong feeling that I would get an interview scheduled notice pretty soon after I saw Greg (above post) got his interview scheduled for Monday November 29 and he filed on March 7.. I checked my USCIS portal couple of times times today but there was no update and estimated complete time was still showing 8 months (it was showing 8 months for past two months). I just checked it again about 30 minutes ago and guess what! Boomm! Interview scheduled for December 1, 2021.. Filed on March 17, 2021.. Hope you all will get an interview scheduled letter/notice soon! 

Oh boy! I just logged into see the status after seeing your message. aaaah.. Interview scheduled for Dec 13th. Filed April 29th. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.