mcdull

New case status?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

So my N400 is updated this morning and the new status is : 

We reviewed your biometrics

You do not need to do anything at this time

We will let you know if we need anything else from you as we continue to review your application.

Has anyone had this before?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
27 minutes ago, mcdull said:

So my N400 is updated this morning and the new status is : 

We will let you know if we need anything else from you as we continue to review your application.

Has anyone had this before?

That's a new one.

Maybe it just means they received clearance back from the FBI...almost like an interim update before posting the "in line for interview" status?

Perhaps USCIS is now doing this kind of update because they get so many phone calls about whether or not fingerprinting has cleared...

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

1 hour ago, Going through said:

That's a new one.

Maybe it just means they received clearance back from the FBI...almost like an interim update before posting the "in line for interview" status?

Perhaps USCIS is now doing this kind of update because they get so many phone calls about whether or not fingerprinting has cleared...

I was about to say the same thing.  I be they've added that in as an attempt to reduce the calls they get.  I certainly wouldn't have called if my status had updated with this at one point.

http://nomoremrsniceguy.blogspot.com/

Our journey:

11th October 2012: APPROVED!

24th February 2012: Biometrics appointment

8th February 2012: Touch

24th January 2012: Biometrics NOA date (received 30th)

19th January 2012: Check cashed by VSC

17th January 2012: NOA date (received 20th)

14th January 2012: ROC delivered via USPS to VSC

13th January 2012: Filed for ROC

Earliest date to remove conditions: Friday, December 2, 2011

9th March 2010: GC in hand

1st March 2010: Interview 8.40am APPROVED!

1st March 2010: EAD arrives, along with daughters US passport

15th January 2010: Biometrics appointment

10th December 2009: Filed for AOS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Online status used to look like the one below at some point in time. I'm guessing this is from 2013ish because I went through my AOS, the screen looked similar to this.  I wonder if this new "reviewed your biometrics" is similar to the "initial review" from the old version.

oath.png

• 4 months later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I got the same status a day after bio metrics. Did this case status result in an interview date scheduled soon? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

This is the in line status for online filers only. Online filers don't have actual "in line" status, the next update will be interview letter has been mailed....

Edited by qaszxc1234

N-400 Timeline San Francisco field office (Marriage with an US citizen and 3 year of LPR):

ELIS: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

EGOV: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

08/15/2017 (day 000): N-400 application was filed online on ELIS

08/22/2017 (day 007): Biometrics appointment was scheduled for 9/8/2017 

08/28/2017 (day 013): Early walk-in biometrics was completed

01/03/2018 (day 141): Interview appointment was scheduled for 2/6/2018

02/06/2018 (day 175): Interview was completed and the case was recommended for approval

02/12/2018 (day 181): Oath ceremony was scheduled for 3/15/2018

03/15/2018 (day 214): Oath ceremony was competed and I am an US citizen!

Timeline
2 hours ago, qaszxc1234 said:

This is the in line status for online filers only. Online filers don't have actual "in line" status, the next update will be interview letter has been mailed....

thank you. Going by your timeline, you got the interview scheduled message a week after the "We reviewed your biometrics" status. Not sure if that is the trend now. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, vkrishn said:

thank you. Going by your timeline, you got the interview scheduled message a week after the "We reviewed your biometrics" status. Not sure if that is the trend now. 

That has been proved to be a system glitch. Status was changed back to "we reviewed your biometrics" after they updated their website. 

N-400 Timeline San Francisco field office (Marriage with an US citizen and 3 year of LPR):

ELIS: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

EGOV: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

08/15/2017 (day 000): N-400 application was filed online on ELIS

08/22/2017 (day 007): Biometrics appointment was scheduled for 9/8/2017 

08/28/2017 (day 013): Early walk-in biometrics was completed

01/03/2018 (day 141): Interview appointment was scheduled for 2/6/2018

02/06/2018 (day 175): Interview was completed and the case was recommended for approval

02/12/2018 (day 181): Oath ceremony was scheduled for 3/15/2018

03/15/2018 (day 214): Oath ceremony was competed and I am an US citizen!

Timeline
On 12/13/2017 at 1:45 PM, qaszxc1234 said:

That has been proved to be a system glitch. Status was changed back to "we reviewed your biometrics" after they updated their website. 

Thanks. So looks like its just a waiting game. I was trying to get a feel of how long it would take to get the interview letter after this particular status message and looks like there isn't a easy prediction. 

• 5 months later...

I filed my N-400 application. 

Office - San Jose, CA

Application date - 17th May 2018

Biometric completed - 30th May 2018

Status changed on 31st May 2018 to - 

When would be possible date I can get interview? I appreciate if you can provide your timeline when you receive the interview letter.

Edited by ms2406

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I have had this message since early December 2017, about 2 weeks after I had my fingerprints taken. 

No change since. Paper filer (NYC). My account says case completion date is Sept 2018, which doesn't seem can be true since I haven't had my interview even scheduled yet. 

Sigh.......

I have the same status since my bio appointment. And I'm a paper filer so not just online filers have this status, I don't think they have the "in line" status anymore. 

Lifting Conditions                                                                Citizenship

CIS Office:  California Service Center                               Service Center:   Lewisville TX Lockbox

Date Filed:  01/19/2017                                                      CIS Office:           Greer, SC

NOA Date:  01/25/2017                                                      Date Filed:           03/06/2018

Bio App.:     02/15/2017                                                      NOA Date:           03/10/2018

RFE:                                                                                        Bio Appt.:             03/29/2018

Interview Date:                                                                     Interview Date:    07/12/2018

Approval:                                                                               Approved:

Got I551 Stamp: Yes                                                           Oath Ceremony:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.