Pheebs1201

I-751 August 2017 Filers

2,738 posts in this topic

On 1/5/2019 at 12:30 PM, Gatu said:

hi all

Did anyone get the naturalization interview while waiting for the removal of conditions??

Can you please share your experience?

Do I need to have my wife with me at the interview?

Thanks so much :)

1 hour ago, Jerry and Elena said:

Not my experience, but mostly interviews in this case is joined I751+N400, so yes you better take your wife with you

Agree. You might not even get a notice that your interviews will be combined, you might only get 1 notice for N-400 interview. Unless you don't hear back from them that your i-751 case is approved, you have to ASSUME the N-400 will be combined with i-751, so take your spouse. :)

AOS i-130, i-485 & i-765 in New York (Queens field office)

12/29/2014 - Priority Date; receipt number starting with MSC

1/2/2015 - Fingerprint fee accepted

1/26/2015 - Case suspended - RFE sent out

2/3/2015 - Fingerprint done at Jamaica Center, Queens

2/11/2015 - RFE received - Case resumed

3/2/2015 - EAD ordered

3/13/2015- EAD card mailed out -- received it 3 days later

7/8/2015 - AOS interview ready to be scheduled for an interview

9/27/2015 - AOS Interview scheduled for Nov 3

11/3/2015 - AOS interview

12/11/2015 - APPROVED!!!

ROC (Vermont Service Center)

10/3/2017 - Sent out ROC package to VSC

10/6/2017 - Date on NOA (Received NOA on 10/16/2017)

11/6/2017 - Biometrics done

8/15/2018 - Extension letter for 18 months received

12/28/2018 - APPROVED! (No RFE, No Interview) 🤸‍♀️ 

1/7/2019 - GC delivered

N-400 (Queens field office)

1/22/2019 - N400 delivered to Dallas, TX.

1/25/2019 - Check cashed

2/12/2019 - Biometrics appt

8/26/2019 - Interview scheduled

10/3/2019 - Interview - APPROVED

10/30/2019 - Oath

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here, and I found this website to be very helpful throughout my ROC process.  I did not hire a lawyer, so I had no direct resource regarding my case (other than the USCIS website).  However, this thread has helped me feel more at ease, knowing many of us were on similar situations.  I finally got approved yesterday, Jan. 6th!  I will include my timeline here, and I hope some of you may find it helpful.

ROC Timeline: California Service Center 

05/2017 - I-751 Window Open  (I apologize as I don't recall the exact day)

7/29/2017 - ROC Documents Sent to CSC (I procrastinated and sent my packet SO close to my conditional GC expiration— yikes!)

8/1/2017 - Receipt Notice Received

*No biometrics appointment

10/16/2018 - Case Transferred to Nebraska Service Center

*No RFE

1/6/2019 - Case approved! 😁

Currently waiting for my card to be produced and delivered.

I also want to add that when I submitted my application, my husband and I only had a joint bank account, tax documents (just photocopies of our tax return and not the official transcript), as well as auto, life, and health insurance with both our names on it.  My name was not on the mortgage nor the auto purchase contracts, and we did not have much joint ownership of assets.  We also do not have any children together yet.  I just included lots of photos of us together in family events and holidays, etc.  To be honest, I was not confident with what I sent with my application, but I tried my best to include as much evidence as possible.  During that time, I was still a full-time student.  However, we have more proof of joint ownership of assets now.  I was actually already planning on getting the documents ready in case USCIS asks for RFE.  Fortunately, I don't have to worry about that anymore.

I hope you can find relief with this post!  Good luck everyone, and I hope all of you get approved soon! 

Edited by PABTK14

45 minutes ago, PABTK14 said:

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here, and I found this website to be very helpful throughout my ROC process.  I did not hire a lawyer, so I had no direct resource regarding my case (other than the USCIS website).  However, this thread has helped me feel more at ease, knowing many of us were on similar situations.  I finally got approved on Jan. 3rd!  I will include my timeline here, and I hope some of you may find it helpful.

ROC Timeline: California Service Center 

05/2017 - I-751 Window Open  (I apologize as I don't recall the exact day)

7/29/2017 - ROC Documents Sent to CSC (I procrastinated and sent my packet SO close to my conditional GC expiration— yikes!)

8/1/2017 - Receipt Notice Received

*No biometrics appointment

10/16/2018 - Case Transferred to Nebraska Service Center

*No RFE

1/3/2019 - Case approved! 😁

Currently waiting for my card to be produced and delivered.

I also want to add that when I submitted my application, my husband and I only had a joint bank account, tax documents (just photocopies of our tax return and not the official transcript), as well as auto, life, and health insurance with both our names on it.  My name was not on the mortgage nor the auto purchase contracts, and we did not have much joint ownership of assets.  We also do not have any children together yet.  I just included lots of photos of us together in family events and holidays, etc.  To be honest, I was not confident with what I sent with my application, but I tried my best to include as much evidence as possible.  During that time, I was still a full-time student.  However, we have more proof of joint ownership of assets now.  I was actually already planning on getting the documents ready in case USCIS asks for RFE.  Fortunately, I don't have to worry about that anymore.

I hope you can find relief with this post!  Good luck everyone, and I hope all of you get approved soon! 

Woops, what I meant was I saw the my approval yesterday.  I was approved on Jan. 3rd, but for some reason, I didn't get an email or text notification.  I randomly checked my case status yesterday, and saw that I was approved! 

Edited by PABTK14
Change of approval date

15 hours ago, Mandala said:

my journey ends today. from VSC to TSC and got APPROVED in 16 months. cheers guys! I'm EAC1734xxxxxx

Congrats!

How long after the transfer from VSC to TSC did you get approval? 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Haven't posted in forever but anyway, I'm back! Two weeks ago, in the same week I got a letter saying my i-751 case had been transferred (to MO) and a letter saying my N400 interview is scheduled for February 6th at my local field office! So confusing!

Immigration Timeline

June 2013: Met whilst working at a summer camp in Michigan 

K1

November 1st 2014: I-129f submitted for K1 visa

February 24th 2015: Visa in hand!

February 26th 2015: POE at Las Vegas airport, then onwards to Oregon! 

March 6th 2015: Marriage (with a "real" wedding to follow next year on 7/6/2016)

March 9th 2015: AOS, EAD & AP submitted

September 22nd 2015: Interview

January 14th 2016: Two year Green card received -phew!

ROC

August 8th 2017: 90 day window begins! ROC time!

September 28th 2017: Biometric Appointment in Portland, OR

March 5th 2018: Case received by local office

August 18th 2018: 18 month extension letter mailed

December 2018: Case moved to another office

February 2019: I was emailed that I was approved and my card was in production the same day of my N400 interview 😂

N400

August 8th 2018: Window opens to submit naturalization application

August 13th 2018: N400 Application submitted online 

August 14th 2018: NOA1

September 6th 2018: Biometrics

February 6th 2019: Interview Date! APPROVED!

February 6th 2019: I was asked to return later the same day for my Oath Ceremony! :dance:

❤️ Our Visa Journey is finally complete ❤️

I am the Beneficiary

7 hours ago, WeGuyGal said:

Congrats!

How long after the transfer from VSC to TSC did you get approval? 

almost 2 months since its transferred to TSC

8 hours ago, Pheebs1201 said:

Haven't posted in forever but anyway, I'm back! Two weeks ago, in the same week I got a letter saying my i-751 case had been transferred (to MO) and a letter saying my N400 interview is scheduled for February 6th at my local field office! So confusing!

It looks like you will have a combo interview. You probably won't get a letter stating that but just bring your spouse to N-400 if your I-751 is not approved by then. 

Congrats on the N-400 interview!

AOS i-130, i-485 & i-765 in New York (Queens field office)

12/29/2014 - Priority Date; receipt number starting with MSC

1/2/2015 - Fingerprint fee accepted

1/26/2015 - Case suspended - RFE sent out

2/3/2015 - Fingerprint done at Jamaica Center, Queens

2/11/2015 - RFE received - Case resumed

3/2/2015 - EAD ordered

3/13/2015- EAD card mailed out -- received it 3 days later

7/8/2015 - AOS interview ready to be scheduled for an interview

9/27/2015 - AOS Interview scheduled for Nov 3

11/3/2015 - AOS interview

12/11/2015 - APPROVED!!!

ROC (Vermont Service Center)

10/3/2017 - Sent out ROC package to VSC

10/6/2017 - Date on NOA (Received NOA on 10/16/2017)

11/6/2017 - Biometrics done

8/15/2018 - Extension letter for 18 months received

12/28/2018 - APPROVED! (No RFE, No Interview) 🤸‍♀️ 

1/7/2019 - GC delivered

N-400 (Queens field office)

1/22/2019 - N400 delivered to Dallas, TX.

1/25/2019 - Check cashed

2/12/2019 - Biometrics appt

8/26/2019 - Interview scheduled

10/3/2019 - Interview - APPROVED

10/30/2019 - Oath

So this is what i got after contacting USCIS :

Recently, you contacted us about the status of your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, filed on August 09, 2017.  On August 30, 2018, you also filed a Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.  Our records indicate that your Form I-751 and Form N-400 are currently pending and will be adjudicated at the same time.  

Filed i-751 to Vermont on 8/9/2017

Filed N-400 on 8/30/2018

EAC1731300*** 

I’ll be back with details after we are done with this drama. 👍🏼

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 1/5/2019 at 12:30 PM, Gatu said:

hi all

Did anyone get the naturalization interview while waiting for the removal of conditions??

Can you please share your experience?

Do I need to have my wife with me at the interview?

Thanks so much :)

I had a pending ROC, then I had my naturalization interview and oath done in December 2018. I was with my husband, however the interviewer told us that he had to wait until I had my interview was done. Look at my timeline. I wrote my experience there.

Strange thing happened with tracking that changed from "in transit to next facility" from dec 10th 2018 when it reached chicago hub to "label not created" today

Iv heard of cases where green card wasnt even sent...

On dec 17th i got email from uscis saying that they shipped the card on dec 7th and tracking number is unavalialble.

Filed a claim with usps but nothing.

Hmmm..

Anyone experienced anything similar?

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 1:39 PM, NYCBoy said:

So this is what i got after contacting USCIS :

Recently, you contacted us about the status of your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, filed on August 09, 2017.  On August 30, 2018, you also filed a Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.  Our records indicate that your Form I-751 and Form N-400 are currently pending and will be adjudicated at the same time.  

Filed i-751 to Vermont on 8/9/2017

Filed N-400 on 8/30/2018

EAC1731300*** 

I’ll be back with details after we are done with this drama. 👍🏼

Hi! May I please ask how long did USCIS take to get back to you about your inquiry? Hoping you remember.

Hi guys,

I called uscis lately to inquire about my case and they sent me a letter saying that my case is still processing but that I should get either a response or a letter within 90 days and that if I don't I should call them back .
Now they always do send me a letter telling me that the case is processing and still within normal processing time but this is the first time I get something that says that I will get a response or a letter within 90 days does that mean anything specific or did they just change the wording of their letters ? 

31 minutes ago, biba1403 said:

Hi guys,

I called uscis lately to inquire about my case and they sent me a letter saying that my case is still processing but that I should get either a response or a letter within 90 days and that if I don't I should call them back .
Now they always do send me a letter telling me that the case is processing and still within normal processing time but this is the first time I get something that says that I will get a response or a letter within 90 days does that mean anything specific or did they just change the wording of their letters ? 

Uscis would ONLY have a Valid answer for your case if you are outside normal processing time. If you are still within range, they wont give you a specific answer on your case. My normal processing time ends April. I'm looking to contact them in April on my case. But before then, i'm still holding on. They wont give you any specific answer on your case if you are still within the normal processing time. All they will give you is an answer that 'worries your soul'. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.