User0259

Expedite request approved or not ?

34 posts in this topic

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am little confused whether my expedite request approved or not.The update in the uscis site seems confusing.Here is the update I have 

Requested Expedite request on 07/19 

• On July 19, 2017, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1F*********CSC, was assigned to an officer for response.

After waiting 5 days my case updated with the below two updates.

• On July 24, 2017, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1F********CSC.
  • On July 24, 2017, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1F********CSC, was completed.

Does the last update mean that my expedite request accepted for the process or I have to wait for the response as they mentioned in one of the updates above.

Your inputs and experiences on this are highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Spoiler

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Yes.

My expedite request is approved and waiting for their decision.Could someone tell me how much time will it take to make the decision on Appeal? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

same situation and same messages, just differences in dates.

2 August applied for expedited 131

4 August-received message via email that need to send docs via fax. Did it also on 4 August 

8 August- request was assigned to officer for replay

8 August-you request is under review, you will receive the desicion or notice of further action shortly (!)

12 August- no news

any updates about your case?

Timeline

Today my employer went to the congressmen and explained my case situation and submitted all my documents.They will review it today and gave one more appointment on Monday to discuss Furthermore on this.

I requested to expedite and mine said the same thing online. They said "while your situation appears urgent, there is no evidence of extreme emergent need" in the letter I received.

I called again to offer evidence of financial hardship and elaborate, and my newest update is the exact same as the first one, so I'm anticipating another letter in the mail that says the same thing.

Timeline

To Wildling99

I did only one expedite request saying USCIS error along with financial hardship.They sent a response saying "Your Form I 290B is related to your Form I 129 which is a premium processing.Please contact CSC premium processing office with the contact number and email id".

My case is H1B denied case.They simply denied without reading SOW properly.We raised a Motion to reopen or reconsider (Form I290B) and requested expedite on this.

On the other side, my client also initiated new H1B from their side and they also expedited the case couple of times.But I don't know what response our attorney received the first time and couple of days back again he expedited the case and he is waiting for their response.With out reading the sow properly, they are denying the case simply and I cannot work with out a valid work authorization.

• 5 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hey did you figure this out? how did it go?

On 7/25/2017 at 6:24 PM, User0259 said:

I am little confused whether my expedite request approved or not.The update in the uscis site seems confusing.Here is the update I have 

Requested Expedite request on 07/19 

• On July 19, 2017, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1F*********CSC, was assigned to an officer for response.

After waiting 5 days my case updated with the below two updates.

• On July 24, 2017, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1F********CSC.
  • On July 24, 2017, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1F********CSC, was completed.

Does the last update mean that my expedite request accepted for the process or I have to wait for the response as they mentioned in one of the updates above.

Your inputs and experiences on this are highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hide contents

• 10 months later...
  • Same Status:
  •  
  • 01/02/2019
    sign_icon.png

On January 2, 2019, your request to have your case expedited, referral number , was completed.

• 01/02/2019
    sign_icon.png

On January 2, 2019, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number .

• 01/02/2019
    sign_icon.png

On January 2, 2019, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number .

• 12/28/2018
    sign_icon.png

On December 28, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number , was assigned to an officer for response.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

I know this is old, but I found this looking for the same info and wanted to explain what I understand. It simply means what it says: That your request was completed. It doesn't mean that a decision has been made, they just have all of the information they need at this point to make a decision.

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 12:50 PM, Chris & Lina said:

I know this is old, but I found this looking for the same info and wanted to explain what I understand. It simply means what it says: That your request was completed. It doesn't mean that a decision has been made, they just have all of the information they need at this point to make a decision.

Thank you still very helpful! I submitted my expedite request on 2/28/2020 and currently waiting to hear back

• 5 months later...
On 3/4/2020 at 2:21 PM, Kuhristy said:

Thank you still very helpful! I submitted my expedite request on 2/28/2020 and currently waiting to hear back

Hello, 

Thanks. Very helpful. 

I just made my expedite request for I-131 yesterday 03 Sep and I got a tracking number from the officer I talked to (T1Bxxxxxxx MSC). Not even sure how soon can they approve the expedite request. My online status on uscis website is not updated yet as of today 04 Sep. Do I need to do a follow up call to USCIS ?

Filed: Other Timeline

I j expedited 2 weeks ago . how long they took to reply you back ?

my Case History

On August 24, 2020, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1B…………FR, was completed.
08/24/2020

On August 24, 2020, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1B……………..SFR.
08/24/2020

On August 24, 2020, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1B……….SFR, was assigned to an officer for response.

after that no response please if can share some time line ?
thanks

6 hours ago, April Khin said:

Hello, 

Thanks. Very helpful. 

I just made my expedite request for I-131 yesterday 03 Sep and I got a tracking number from the officer I talked to (T1Bxxxxxxx MSC). Not even sure how soon can they approve the expedite request. My online status on uscis website is not updated yet as of today 04 Sep. Do I need to do a follow up call to USCIS ?

You can call to check the status, it took us about a week to receive a acknowledgment email about the request and another week to be approved and then another week to be contacted to schedule the interview, took about 1 month to get my husband his visa 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.