927 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, GreenUsa said:

Is it normal that https://egov.uscis.gov shows only "Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction", but https://my.uscis.gov/ shows "Case Was Approved" ?

Here https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx I need case number from NVC which will be in Welcome letter?

The first link is the old site, the second is the new site. They may update one of them, both of them, or none of them 😆 It doesn't mean anything.

Yes, WL contains your NVC case number.

Filed: Timeline

I have question about Affidavit of support income requirements, my situation is that my tax return was 0 in 2018, because moved and started working outside US till now, but in 2017 and 2016 income in US was sufficinet for sponsoring.

Also my income outside US is sufficient for sponsoring (considering convert in curreny), but can I use it? and how? bring this documents at interview or send with I-864?

Also as I read in I-864 instructions I can use assets if income is not sufficient, but the amount should be 5 times greater than difference between income and minimum line,

when calculating this assets income will be based only on 2018? than why they need 3 most recent years taxes in I-864 form?

Thank you

4 hours ago, Sep17 said:

Hello Everyone,

Did anyone approved in July, 2019 receive a welcome letter from NVC? My case was approved in June 6 and there is noting. I have contacted NVC and they told me to submit a request to Nvcsearch. Waiting and waiting for response.

HEllo ,

Based on my timelines (approval 25th April , received Welcome letter  23rd July ) , I believe you will get the NVC Welcome letter end of Aug or 1st Week of Sep. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
3 hours ago, putul said:

HEllo ,

Based on my timelines (approval 25th April , received Welcome letter  23rd July ) , I believe you will get the NVC Welcome letter end of Aug or 1st Week of Sep. 

Approved 17th April, yet to hear from NVC. They work in mysterious ways.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

Folks. Get in touch with NvC and find out as to when the approved petition was received by nvc. If you know the date then you may track it on the following url. They update this date every Monday. It is very accurate. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/begin-nat-visa-center.html

On 8/10/2019 at 12:03 PM, Jt6 said:

Folks. Get in touch with NvC and find out as to when the approved petition was received by nvc. If you know the date then you may track it on the following url. They update this date every Monday. It is very accurate. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/begin-nat-visa-center.html

It's not accurate at all. I call NVC every other day. My wife's case was received at NVC on June 28, still no case number.  Their system is awful and frustrating.  They say it may take up to 8 weeks to get a case number.

I refer to NVC customer service the same website you pointed out, they repeat: It take up to 8 weeks. 

On 8/10/2019 at 12:00 AM, GPG said:

Approved 17th April, yet to hear from NVC. They work in mysterious ways.

That’s crazy! I say contact NVC and ask if they have received you petition from USCIS. If that say they didn’t, contact USCIS and submit inquiry, contact your congressman. That will move your case. 

Best of luck!

Edited by Sep17

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline
3 hours ago, RA2019 said:

It's not accurate at all. I call NVC every other day. My wife's case was received at NVC on June 28, still no case number.  Their system is awful and frustrating.  They say it may take up to 8 weeks to get a case number.

I refer to NVC customer service the same website you pointed out, they repeat: It take up to 8 weeks. 

I understand your frustration. 

My observation was based on my personal experience and many more others that I have seen on Facebook groups. 

Yes, that is the standard response they give.

hooefully you hear something from them soon. Good luck 

I’d like to get some guidance on a question. I’m self-employed and usually file 1040 and Schedule C when doing my taxes. However, I’m puzzled as to what income figure does the NVC/Consulates uses from your Form I-864 to determine your poverty guideline threshold? Do they use your Gross Income from Part 1, No. 7 or Part II, No. 26 (Wages (less employment credits) (Schedule C)? Or do they use your total adjusted gross income to determine your poverty guideline threshold? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 8/14/2019 at 7:49 PM, Aram said:

Hi everyone,

How long does it take to get WL these days from approval? Any idea or updates?

Thanks

Well basing on what others post, Id say 2-3 months from the time you received your case was approved.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.