R&OC

I-130 July 2017 filers

814 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello Everyone!!!!

Priority Date: July 25, 2017

Potomac Service Center

patiently waiting NOA2! I'm so ready to see my hubby again! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
On 10/7/2017 at 6:56 AM, Nilsa Anil said:

yes it's very tough... 

we try to see each other every 3 months for 2 weeks until this process is done. I just wish Nebraska will speed up. I've read some horror stories in the forum about Nebraska...

does anyone know how the applications get chosen to each Center? 

Also is anyone else on this board using an immigration lawyer? 

Im using a immigration lawyer

54 minutes ago, HaifaAlkhabi2008 said:

i jaír came back about 2 weeks from seeing mines and i’ll be back at the end of year but it’s very stressful especially when you work and only have a few days to take off 

Timeline
On 7/12/2017 at 1:28 PM, R&OC said:

Dear all,

I can not find a threat that covers the I-130 filers as of July 2017. Are we the only ones or am I just not finding the appropriate threat?

Anyway, we send off our petition today and I successfully registered our marriage in my home country today as well. Yay!

I hope we can join and hear from all the other July 2017 filers! 

Any good news 

On 10/10/2017 at 5:55 AM, lakeslove said:

Hello Everyone!!!!

Potomac Service Center

Any good news

On 10/10/2017 at 8:07 AM, HaifaAlkhabi2008 said:

Have anyone thought of applying for the K3 visa? This allows tryout spouse to enter the USA and await the approval of the I -130.

Ive asked my attorney about this since my hubby is in a war country and I would love to have him here. He said to me it would take as long as the I 130 and that we can discuss it further after NOA 2. So I was wondering if anyone has thought to apply for it?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hi i.M a july filer aswell my PD is July 25,2017.    

i was wondering if anyone has the issue of not being able view online check my case status?  and how does everyone know more or less when they will get their approval notice?  

Timeline
On 7/22/2017 at 4:37 AM, Kathyil said:

Hola,

Happy to join the thread. My priority date is July 5.

I completed the timeline data, the estimate states: Based on timeline data, your I130 may be adjudicated between December 6, 2017 and December 8, 2017* (RFEs at the Potomac Service Center typically add an extra 30 days, which has been added to the estimated processing time).

R-1/CR-1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Potomac Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Dominican Republic
Marriage (if applicable): 2017-03-18
I-130 Sent : 2017-06-07
I-130 NOA1 : 2017-06-12
I-130 RFE : 2017-06-14
I-130 RFE Sent : 2017-07-01

how do you get this timeline data completed?

Hi everyone,

since I am also in this July boat, I decided to join the conversation - it's SO hard to wait!

We have an attorney, who filed our package :

filed 06/30/2017

Received & PD: 07/06/2017

NOA1 07/10/2017

YSC/Potomac

R&OC hello fellow German! :) 

timeline (ROC):

06/29/2020 - package sent with USPS to Dallas lockbox

07/01/2020 - package delivered and signed for 

07/08/2020 - CC charged

07/10/2020 - text message received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 10/12/2017 at 3:38 AM, Nilsa Anil said:

Have anyone thought of applying for the K3 visa? This allows tryout spouse to enter the USA and await the approval of the I -130.

Ive asked my attorney about this since my hubby is in a war country and I would love to have him here. He said to me it would take as long as the I 130 and that we can discuss it further after NOA 2. So I was wondering if anyone has thought to apply for it?

Technically you should apply for the K-3 at the same time you file the I-130. However, very few, if any K-3 VISAs ever get approved. The Service Centers have a habit of processing the I-130, then closing the K-3 VISA application since the I-130 was approved. You can do a google search on it, and read in other forms, it's basically a waste of hope and money applying for the K-3.

Timeline
On 8/3/2017 at 9:41 AM, peachouille said:

Hello everyone!

My husband and I sent our I-130 on the 26th and got our text notification yesterday, the receipt date being the 31st. Not sure yet if our priority date is going to be in July or August though (I assume it's the 31st?).

Sadly, our case is being processed in Nebraska so it seems we have a long wait ahead of us.

Good luck to everyone!

Why does everyone say NSC takes longer?  Have you recieved any new forms? 

Timeline
On 10/10/2017 at 5:55 AM, lakeslove said:

Hello Everyone!!!!

Potomac Service Center

IMG_9322.JPG

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.