BVGApeach

July 2017 I-129F Filers

6,727 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Just came back from dropping off my AoS packet at the post office.

FedEx and UPS were quoting me US$80+ to ship a freaking folder with some pieces of paper in it to Australia, but the post office charged me about $12, including the envelope.  Sheesh!  Glad I shopped around!

In the event that this helps anybody else: try mailing documents via the post office first.  And do it early so if it takes awhile to get there, you're not left hanging.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
2 hours ago, mcgee201 said:

Hello fellow Minnesotan! 

It's hard to guess the interview date estimate because every country is different. I know the South African Embassy is a little bit on the slow side when processing and scheduling interviews because they take on many different countries. My fiance, a Indian citizen but Zambian resident, would have had his interview at the South African Embassy even though he is a Zambian resident. I think end of March gives you enough time but it's hard to advise. 

Also, I've been to southern Africa and Johannesburg many times.  You can just get the medication (try to get oral typhoid because it lasts much longer) at Minute Clinic. You have to know exactly what you need otherwise they will charge a lot to "diagnose" you (aka go on the US travel website and give you a prescription based off of that).

Nice to see another Minnesotan!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, amaraimee said:

Yay, minnesota!! Thank you for the advice :)
Speaking of south africa/johannesburg, can I message you? I have a few questions about it :)

Awesome! I have an appointment at a travel clinic in my city in 2 days so I'll be getting it then. Are there any risks/side affects I should be worried about with the Hep A vaccine?

Absolutely!!! :)

9/1/2015: Met at London Uni

10/18/2015: Started dating :)

6/24/2017: Got engaged!

7/14/2017: Sent i-129F

7/17/2017: NOA1

1/26/2018: NOA2

1/30/2018: Notified of NOA2 on website

2/2/2018: Received NOA2 in the mail

2/6/2018: NVC Recieved

2/6/2018: NVC Case # Assigned

2/9/2018: NVC left for Mumbai Consulate

2/12/2018: Mumbai Consulate Received Case

3/29/2018: Medical in Mumbai

4/3/2018: OFC Appointment (Biometrics)

4/6/2018: Interview: APPROVED

4/13/2018: Visa Status: "Issued"

4/16/2018: POE

6/15/2018: Wedding

7/9/2018: Sent in AP, EAD and AOS

7/16/2018: Fingerprint Recieved

7/17/2018: NOA1

8/1/2018: RFE

9/4/2018: USCIS Recieved RFE

9/13/2018: Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/15/2018: New Card Is Being Produced (EAD)

While I know our NOA2 isn't here yet, I've started to compile the documents that I'll need to give to Andy when he's here next week.

I've got the following:

1. Letter from my employer

2. Paystubs

3. Tax returns

4. Bank statements

That's for the I-134. 

Can you guys think of anything else I'm missing? We're going to get pictures taken while he's here (both passport and fun ones for proof of seeing each other, just in case they aren't satisfied with what we had before).

Also, out of curiosity, does anyone else have a family that is super spread out on the US side? My mom lives in Ohio and won't fly, but trying to plan a wedding in another state without knowing when everything is going through sounds like heck on earth to me. I want to get married in my dad's backyard, but my mom is super offended that we won't move it up there to be with her. 

I've not thought about it (deliberately) over the last few months, but now that things are starting to move, I can't help but feel a LOT overwhelmed.

(Also, for those of you about to tell me NOT to plan ahead, there's no money involved here, just my insane mother)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Ammm... one question ... my boyfriend has bought tickets for new york on my birthday without having a visa yet. Can we put that as proof that the relationship continues?

I'm always reading everything. Without this forum this trip would have been much more difficult. Thank you all ^_^!

1 minute ago, Angeles123 said:

Ammm... one question ... my boyfriend has bought tickets for new york on my birthday without having a visa yet. Can we put that as proof that the relationship continues?

I'm always reading everything. Without this forum this trip would have been much more difficult. Thank you all ^_^!

Does he have to have a tourist visa to visit from Peru? I am not accustomed to the laws that surround that as we don't have to worry about htem.

Make sure he can legally visit, and yes, take pictures, save receipts, get documentation like boarding passes, etc. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Jaquelly said:

Does he have to have a tourist visa to visit from Peru? I am not accustomed to the laws that surround that as we don't have to worry about htem.

Make sure he can legally visit, and yes, take pictures, save receipts, get documentation like boarding passes, etc. 

Yeap. we need visa. Ohhh... ok. thanks!!! :jest:

4 minutes ago, Angeles123 said:

Yeap. we need visa. Ohhh... ok. thanks!!! :jest:

Wait! I think I found something:

https://pe.usembassy.gov/visas/nonimmigrant-visas/

https://pe.usembassy.gov/visas/visa-waiver-program/

16 minutes ago, Canaderp said:

Having a frustrating mental day. Feels like we're so close but so far. Fearing that we're an anomaly.

Your NOA1 was 18 days after mine. If I'm not freaking out yet, you're not freaking out yet. Start getting your paperwork together, have it ready. Distract yourself. It's going to happen.

Edited by Jaquelly
can't count

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bermuda
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Jaquelly said:

Your NOA1 was 18 days after mine. If I'm not freaking out yet, you're not freaking out yet. Start getting your paperwork together, have it ready. Distract yourself. It's going to happen.

Not sure that's how things work.  We all have different realities/stresses/things to deal with that can make this situation unique to each person. I wouldn't project my insecurities on you, please don't project your standards of coping upon me.

4 minutes ago, Canaderp said:

Not sure that's how things work.  We all have different realities/stresses/things to deal with that can make this situation unique to each person. I wouldn't project my insecurities on you, please don't project your standards of coping upon me.

Hey. I was trying to ease the situation and offer a hand - which is what I've always done.

In the same respect, you don't know my situation or what I've been dealing with since I last saw my SO. There's a lot going on for everyone. Time will pass, the approval will come. Please don't snap at me because you're having a bad day. :)

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Jaquelly said:

Hey. I was trying to ease the situation and offer a hand - which is what I've always done.

In the same respect, you don't know my situation or what I've been dealing with since I last saw my SO. There's a lot going on for everyone. Time will pass, the approval will come. Please don't snap at me because you're having a bad day. :)

Totally, but that's just why I didn't mention/quote you in my initial post. Just came in to say I was having a hard day is all :)

1 minute ago, Canaderp said:

Totally, but that's just why I didn't mention/quote you in my initial post. Just came in to say I was having a hard day is all :)

I feel you, and I'm sorry if I agitated you.

I had a real rough go of it last week. I cried at my desk at work a few times and felt like things were going to fall apart if we didn't hear anything back soon. Andy didn't adjust to being back in the UK very well, so almost the entire month of January was very much me feeling like I couldn't help him, and just generally being heartbroken while everyone else was getting their approvals.

And they kept going right past us. Every day he'd ask me if we were approved, if I had any mail, if I had gotten the text. Nothing. People at the end of July were complaining/cheering about how they hadn't been approved yet, but here I was, a July 6 NOA1 that felt like they'd forgotten about me. I still do. I feel like I screwed us over by calling USCIS and asking for a supervisor. 

I still feel horrible about everything, but I'm lucky. He'll be here in 9 days. Maybe we'll get to open the envelope together, if a miracle doesn't happen before then.

I guess, at the end of it all, my point is that you're definitely not alone in your misery. My stupid optimism exists if only as a defense mechanism. If I am focusing on how happy I am, I can't POSSIBLY focus on how effed over I feel right now.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Jaquelly said:

I feel you, and I'm sorry if I agitated you.

I had a real rough go of it last week. I cried at my desk at work a few times and felt like things were going to fall apart if we didn't hear anything back soon. Andy didn't adjust to being back in the UK very well, so almost the entire month of January was very much me feeling like I couldn't help him, and just generally being heartbroken while everyone else was getting their approvals.

And they kept going right past us. Every day he'd ask me if we were approved, if I had any mail, if I had gotten the text. Nothing. People at the end of July were complaining/cheering about how they hadn't been approved yet, but here I was, a July 6 NOA1 that felt like they'd forgotten about me. I still do. I feel like I screwed us over by calling USCIS and asking for a supervisor. 

I still feel horrible about everything, but I'm lucky. He'll be here in 9 days. Maybe we'll get to open the envelope together, if a miracle doesn't happen before then.

I guess, at the end of it all, my point is that you're definitely not alone in your misery. My stupid optimism exists if only as a defense mechanism. If I am focusing on how happy I am, I can't POSSIBLY focus on how effed over I feel right now.

I hear ya. I've always been the strong one of us two but it's just getting harder and harder. And as happy as I am to see everyone else get moving, it can also make things slightly discouraging when you feel left behind. Obviously there are those far worse than me, but doesn't mean that I'm not allowed to feel like a plastic bag in the wind haha.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.