JBMG

NVC - July 2017 Scan Dates - Method 4: Mail processing

157 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

The NVC has changed its relationship status to It's Complicated.... ;)

On 9/12/2017 at 4:48 PM, Wizpetro said:

Just get my CC tonit😁😁,called nvc yesterday and hav been told the review of my case started on 6th september(last tuesday).i just checked my case statut on line tonit and no more"submit required documents" but it say "at NVC".And my AOS infos say "N/A".. Will call nvc tomorrow 4 confirmation. 😄😄

I recommend that, yeah:  I called Monday (11 September) and the NVC both confirmed our CC and told me they had forwarded the case to the embassy, which would notify them of the earliest available interview date as well as email both my wife and I 4 weeks before the date of the interview.  The NVC emailed us both the very next day, prompting the same reaction:  "Wow, we already got our interview date; that was fast—what the :o do you mean 'checklist'?!"  

They said we failed to include proof of my moms legal US residence in her financial support documents.  This despite the fact we included not only a copy of her birth certificate issued by the state, but a SECOND issued by the county (because apparently counties issued them when she was born:)  They were just with the documents establishing her relationship with me as a household member.  I actually anticipated this might be a problem, so asked the NVC before we filed if we needed to include duplicate documents in each section requiring them, and they faithfully assured me that as long as the required documents were in the packet SOMEWHERE they would find them.  Well, they did NOT, so sent us a checklist instead.

The good news is that the email said they could and would go ahead with scheduling our interview and (repeatedly) said to NOT send the "missing" document to the NVC, but to the beneficiary, who must bring it to the interview.  We already sent my wife a copy of everything we sent the NVC (just as we previously did with everything we sent the USCIS,) which she received weeks ago, and she has verified that both birth certificates are included, so we do not have to do anything further.  The interview is scheduled for 23 October, so hopefully our family is only a couple months from reunion.

Point being:  Definitely follow up to ensure both you AND the NVC have dotted every "i" and crossed every "t."  In fact, I am calling them yet again tomorrow, because the interview email says my wife must bring both an original AND a copy of ALL civil documents, but says further down, in reference to specific civil documents, that they want an original and photocopy of things like our marriage certificate and her birth certificate, but will accept photocopies of things like my birth certificate.  So I want to verify that they only require an original and a copy of BENEFICIARY civil documents, and will accept copies of PETITIONER and other civil documents.  The email suggests that, but:  Better safe than sorry; when we have come so far and are now so close, I do not want to risk any needless avoidable obstacles.

Our timeline and spreadsheet entries are updated to the best of my knowledge and ability if anyone wants to compare.

Edited by JOL

Timeline
On 9/12/2017 at 3:04 PM, Mashedm said:

Oh dear god. An hour ago we got an 'AT NVC'. Finally. Case complete 😭 😊 

On 9/12/2017 at 4:48 PM, Wizpetro said:

Just get my CC tonit😁😁,called nvc yesterday and hav been told the review of my case started on 6th september(last tuesday).i just checked my case statut on line tonit and no more"submit required documents" but it say "at NVC".And my AOS infos say "N/A".. Will call nvc tomorrow 4 confirmation. 😄😄

On 9/14/2017 at 2:24 PM, TammyM said:

I'm beyond happy at the moment!💃🏽😩. 

Case completed 10/9

On 9/15/2017 at 2:38 PM, LaurenAndBrent said:

Well folks, looks like a CC for us today! 

Scan date 31st July, (unconfirmed) CC 15th sept. The ceac website keeps crashing so I can't even double check what I saw earlier BUT when it was working an hour ago it said "at NVC" and the AOS field had disappeared. Desperately hoping it wasn't an error seeing as the site is now broken. I did just have throat surgery 2 days ago and am taking quite a concoction of pain meds so im hoping I didn't just imagine it LOL. I wish ceac would work again! 

On 9/16/2017 at 0:36 PM, NAME101 said:

hello laurenandbrent,

congrats on your CC mine is also cc and recevied the p4 this morming. i can not beleive this! hope we both see each other in london. 

23 hours ago, nicnurse said:

We got a case complete on September 13th and received our interview appointment letter via email on September 15th! My husband's interview is October 30th at the embassy in London. Our scan date was July 21st. I'm in shock because I thought we had for sure missed out on October interviews! Good luck to everyone else still waiting.

FYI the little trick to check your status does seem to be true. On Wednesday when I checked my status was "at NVC" and the AOS line had disappeared. 

Congrats to each and every one of ya'll; sounds like feast or famine.  Definitely call and follow up, because I can attest from experience that a CC does not preclude a checklist, but you should be getting interview dates within a week or two:  The end is in sight!  Big congrats to NAME101 and nicnurse because yeah, that was a lightning fast CC-->interview email as far as I can tell:  Our CEAC status changed a week from last Friday, but we just got the interview email yesterday, still faster than I feared.

On 9/15/2017 at 2:36 PM, larnar1309 said:

Congrats to all the CC's this week! A few on the Jan 2017 thread as well :D such an exciting time! 

My scan dates 8th Sep and so far I've seen people get CC's for July 29th so hoping to hear something next week or the week after ... :0

Our CC was 19 July, review began 25 August and our CC was (near as I can tell) 8 September, same as your SD.  So if they continue about the same pace you should have ~40 days, give or take a few.  I suggest calling around mid-October to see if they have begun reviewing your submission, then calling about once a week in case there are any checklists (heaven forbid) so you can stay out in front of them and hopefully avoid any delays.

4 hours ago, Amelsbaihi said:

Hi can you tell me what are the required documents of the petitioner from the nvc ?? 

Your best bet is probably to check VJs NVC FAQ.  I could tell you what we sent, but there are likely things that applied to our case but not yours (e.g. household members documentation) or things that apply to your case but not ours (e.g. divorce records, military service records.)

Edited by JOL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline
11 hours ago, JOL said:

Congrats to each and every one of ya'll; sounds like feast or famine.  Definitely call and follow up, because I can attest from experience that a CC does not preclude a checklist, but you should be getting interview dates within a week or two:  The end is in sight!  Big congrats to NAME101 and nicnurse because yeah, that was a lightning fast CC-->interview email as far as I can tell:  Our CEAC status changed a week from last Friday, but we just got the interview email yesterday, still faster than I feared.

Our CC was 19 July, review began 25 August and our CC was (near as I can tell) 8 September, same as your SD.  So if they continue about the same pace you should have ~40 days, give or take a few.  I suggest calling around mid-October to see if they have begun reviewing your submission, then calling about once a week in case there are any checklists (heaven forbid) so you can stay out in front of them and hopefully avoid any delays.

Your best bet is probably to check VJs NVC FAQ.  I could tell you what we sent, but there are likely things that applied to our case but not yours (e.g. household members documentation) or things that apply to your case but not ours (e.g. divorce records, military service records.)

Hey guys,got my p4 last thursday(14th september),interview scheduled on 23 october.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline
On 16/09/2017 at 9:32 PM, LaurenAndBrent said:

That was insanely fast! I thought it took around 2 weeks to actually get an interview date because NVC had to send it to the London embassy first before a date could be set. Did you receive p4 via email? Good luck to you guys, so exciting :)

Yea they are speeding up things those last days,got cc on 12 september and got the p4 letter on 14 september,my interview is schedyled on 23october.. Gud luck to every one

6 hours ago, Dream2017 said:

Any cc for August scan dates?

None that I've seen yet... but seems like most people who's SD were the end of July have CC now so hopefully should see some August CC this week! 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Wizpetro said:

Hey guys,got my p4 last thursday(14th september),interview scheduled on 23 october.. 

Sounds like ya'll are on the same timetable as we are.  I am honestly unsure of the precise date of our CC, because when I called the previous Monday we were still in review, and I just happened to check the CEAC on Friday after business hours to see that the message had changed, but it was too late to call them before Monday.  All I know for sure is that it was some time between 11 September (when I called and they said it was still in review) and 15 September (when CEAC stopped asking us to submit all the AoS documents.)

By the bye, on the subject of the AoS abbreviation:  I find it a bit confusing, because "AoS" could stand for either "Affidavit of Support" OR "Adjustment of Status," both of which are big deals in US immigration law.  One of the nice things about going the I/CR-1 route rather than K-3 is that, while both are spouse visas, the I/CR-1 visa comes with a green card, so no Adjustment of Status process (with all pursuant forms, fees and delays) is necessary.

Meanwhile, my wife has scheduled her medical exam for next Monday, and tells me she has to get all her vaccinations redone because the US State Dept. requires tetanus and diphtheria vaccinations be no more than 10 years out of date, and her last ones were longer ago than that.  Just an FYI for those in a similar situation.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello Im the USC 0f IR-1 - Juarez-Mexico visa applicant - we are both in USA,

I hired a lawyer and I still got a damn NVC checklist.  Lawyer failed to include Police Certificate.   **!!@#$%^&!!!

So...we have to mail-in certificate and get "back in line",,,,  Anything I can do (or idiot lawyer) to get a quicker NVC view???

PLEASE NOTE: No interview will be scheduled until ALL of the information requested has been returned to the National Visa Center.

______10 - MEXICO POLICE CERTIFICATE:______________________________

Available in most states for applicants 18 and over. Immigrant visa applicants who have resided in Mexico for six months or more since the age of 18 are required to provide a police certificate. The state police (Fiscalia General del Estado) of each state in Mexico can provide a police record (Carta or Certificado de No Antecedentes Penales). The process and the cost of obtaining these records vary by state. Contact the state police for instructions.

Reading all this stuff I seriously wish I could be an immigration lawyer!!! They must get paid so much and seems like so many people on here do a better job than them anyway >_< 

so sorry to hear they messed it up for you!!!! Get rid!!!! Do it yourself with more detailed research and passion. That's my advice. You are nearly at the finish line anyway. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 9/16/2017 at 5:41 PM, nicnurse said:

We got a case complete on September 13th and received our interview appointment letter via email on September 15th! My husband's interview is October 30th at the embassy in London. Our scan date was July 21st. I'm in shock because I thought we had for sure missed out on October interviews! Good luck to everyone else still waiting.

FYI the little trick to check your status does seem to be true. On Wednesday when I checked my status was "at NVC" and the AOS line had disappeared. 

I have a scan date of 31 July, just checked today and my status is at NVC and the AOS line is gone.  Could it be the end finally.....  :o:D

6 minutes ago, David-Liss said:

I have a scan date of 31 July, just checked today and my status is at NVC and the AOS line is gone.  Could it be the end finally.....  :o:D

My scan date was 31st July too! We got CC on 15th sept, have you been checking your status every day? Perhaps you got CC before today. Those are sure signs of a CC anyway, congrats! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 hour ago, LaurenAndBrent said:

My scan date was 31st July too! We got CC on 15th sept, have you been checking your status every day? Perhaps you got CC before today. Those are sure signs of a CC anyway, congrats! 

Not everyday, last time was on Saturday.  Did you get an email letting you know that your case was closed?

42 minutes ago, David-Liss said:

Not everyday, last time was on Saturday.  Did you get an email letting you know that your case was closed?

Nope, I haven't received anything yet! We called NVC on the day we noticed the change and they confirmed CC over the phone. 

Timeline
On 9/18/2017 at 7:17 PM, larnar1309 said:

Reading all this stuff I seriously wish I could be an immigration lawyer!!! They must get paid so much and seems like so many people on here do a better job than them anyway >_< 

so sorry to hear they messed it up for you!!!! Get rid!!!! Do it yourself with more detailed research and passion. That's my advice. You are nearly at the finish line anyway. 

Except professionals must deal with cases far more complex (and often fraught with obstacles) than most of ours, know immigration law thoroughly, not just the particular parts applying to a single case, and deal with dozens of cases simultaneously instead of just one.  Plus have a JD. :lol:

This example does underscore the VJ advice about doublechecking everything even if using a lawyer, who remains a fallible human.  However professional, committed and conscientious a lawyer is, s/he is still ultimately doing it for money, not because they share our vested family interest.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.