Penguin_ie

Trump's future immigration policies- speculation MEGATHREAD

1,208 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
23 minutes ago, David&Femke said:

The thing is that it is not just about an immegration policy, its  the start of singeling out a group of poeple, a scape goat and it does not stop with some extra vetting. It is dangerous line off events, and group hatered against another religion ( even though it is up for debate if it is about religion) just for the risk that it is i think that europe has experienced a simmilar line of events with the yews. And we are still all humans just like then,  the road to hell is full of good intentions, and there is nothing wrong with poeple looking out not to make the same mistakes. and that is a global matter.

Everyone keeps comparing it to Jewish (and I think you mean Jews and not trees) persecution in Europe and I think it is a false comparison for several reasons.  Firstly, with Jews, the persecution was not about immigration necessarily, but rather a direct threat towards Jews already living in the country.  Secondly, Jewish culture by the mid 20th century, had so intertwined with European culture that you could almost call most of modern Judaism European.  This is a separate case to pausing immigration from other countries with people who've never even lived here.   To emphasize, you can not compare killing people who have roots and a cultural identity within your own country to pausing immigration for several months.  You can not compare an immigration policy like this to the freaking genocide of a people.    Thirdly, the world is very different than it was in the 1930s, it is difficult to hide things behind a curtain as they were done.  That isn't to say that genocides don't happen in the modern age, but rather that the chances of something like that happening in a first world country in the modern age are almost laughable.  Listen to how much domestic uproar there is over a pause in immigration.

On a related note, comparing every unlikable action a leader takes to Hitler-esque or leading to another Holocaust takes away some of the actual weight and value of the Holocaust.  

With that, I have to go study, so rather than us all talk in circles, have a good night.

Edited by N-o-l-a

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
14 minutes ago, N-o-l-a said:

Everyone keeps comparing it to Jewish (and I think you mean Jews and not trees) persecution in Europe and I think it is a false comparison for several reasons.  Firstly, with Jews, the persecution was not about immigration necessarily, but rather a direct threat towards people already living in the country.  Secondly, Jewish culture by the mid 20th century, had so intertwined with European culture that you could almost call most of modern Judaism European.  This is a separate case to pausing immigration from other countries with people who've never even lived here.   To emphasis, you can not compare killing people who have roots and a cultural identity within your own country to pausing immigration for several months.  You can not compare an immigration policy like this to the freaking genocide of a people.    Thirdly, the world is very different than it was in the 1930s, it is difficult to hide things behind a curtain as they were done.  That isn't to say that genocides don't happen in the modern age, but rather that the chances of something like that happening in a first world country in the modern age are almost laughable.  Listen to how much domestic uproar there is over a pause in immigration.

On a related note, comparing every unlikable action a leader takes to Hitler-esque or leading to another Holocaust takes away some of the actual weight and value of the Holocaust.  

With that, I have to go study, so rather than us all talk in circles, have a good night.

yes i think you would be right if that were all the facts, but they dit not just start with killing yews, the singeling out of yewish poeple and blaming the economic strugles of that time on the yews started years before any active massures were taken against yews. And secondly Trump is not just targeting moslims in other countrys he is also targeting muslims that have a green card, muslim refugees that are already living in the US and muslims that risked there lives and gave up there future and savety in there country to fight side by side with US soldiers. they are the once providing the US soldiers with intellegence and they sided with the US because they believe in that what they fight for is right, and were prommised to be protected and given save haven for them and there famelies in the US.

I am sorry for the bad spelling, i only resently started writing a lot in english, i hope you can look past it.

Edited by David&Femke

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline
7 minutes ago, David&Femke said:

yes i think you would be right if that were all the facts, but they dit not just start with killing yews, the singeling out of yewish poeple and blaming the economic strugles of that time on the yews started years before any active massures were taken against yews. And secondly Trump is not just targeting moslims in other countrys he is also targeting muslims that have a green card, muslim refugees that are already living in the US and muslims that risked there lives and gave up there future and savety in there country to fight side by side with US soldiers. they are the once providing the US soldiers with intellegence and they sided with the US because they believe in that what they fight for is right, and were prommised to be protected and given save haven for them and there famelies in the US.

I am sorry for the bad spelling, i only resently started writing a lot in english, i hope you can look past it.

Exactly, it always starts with claims of "they are taking our jobs.....they are driving our economy down....."
The government creates a them against us fear in order to implement their hidden agendas.
Your English is good enough to understand what you are saying just fine.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
16 minutes ago, David&Femke said:

I'll take a break just to respond to this part, but I think a spellchecker would help.  I try not to judge too much as my grandmother was Dutch and spelled phonetically in English until she died.  She didn't have any English instruction in school, just Dutch and German.   If I am being a little picky, it is because my husband's English, despite his lack of education, was and is amazing.  I can't recall, but in Dutch, does the j have kind of an English y sound?  It is that way in Danish, so I should have assumed.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

I've seen Dutch people write worse than you Femke, don't worry anyone judging you on that.

I absolutely loathe Steve Bannon and I'm not sure how much to shizzle my pants already now he's involved as counselor of the President. Whether it's immigration matters or LGTBQ. That guy is pure evilness. 

Praying it all ends well for those already in the country, no matter what national they carry or those in process. But I'm not sure what to expect. Citizenship in 2,5 years can't come fast enough. 

Edited by Dutchster

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

Timeline
Just now, Ebunoluwa said:

Exactly, it always starts with claims of "they are taking our jobs.....they are driving our economy down....."
The government creates a them against us fear in order to implement their hidden agendas.
Your English is good enough to understand what you are saying just fine.

i completely agree and its not just happening in the US, in the netherlands and a list of other european countrys simelar things are happening. Te Netherlands when it comes to immegration has been making it increasingly harder for muslims to immegrate for the past 10 or so years now.  It changes the whole countrys additude including anti moslim rallies. My nagbour in the netherlands is a muslim refugee from marroco, she is married for 5 years but he is not allowed to immegrate or even visit her, untill h e speaks fluent Dutch, she has indefenite contract (like 10 year in the US) witch is raraly given anymore. and they need to have 32.000 euro on a shared bank account before she can aplay for visa for him to come to the netherlands. not even her 80 year old grandmother is allowed to visit, and its not save for her to go to marocco. simmelar things are happening all over the western world

Timeline
3 minutes ago, N-o-l-a said:

I'll take a break just to respond to this part, but I think a spellchecker would help.  I try not to judge too much as my grandmother was Dutch and spelled phonetically in English until she died.  She didn't have any English instruction in school, just Dutch and German.   If I am being a little picky, it is because my husband's English, despite his lack of education, was and is amazing.  I can't recall, but in Dutch, does the j have kind of an English y sound?  It is that way in Danish, so I should have assumed.

yes it does, i could defenitly use spell correcter,  i do when writing something official, but its very time consuming, spell corrector does not always untherstand what i mean :P

Is Steve Bannon actually capable of doing anything or is it just giving advice on executive orders and such? That guy gives me massive shivers, 

Naturalization                                                        
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  

'Merica. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Dutchster said:

I've seen Dutch people write worse than you Femke, don't worry anyone judging you on that.

I absolutely loathe Steve Bannon and I'm not sure how much to shizzle my pants already now he's involved as counselor of the President. Whether it's immigration matters or LGTBQ. That guy is pure evilness. 

Praying it all ends well for those already in the country, no matter what national they carry or those in process. But I'm not sure what to expect. Citizenship in 2,5 years can't come fast enough. 

Thank you. :-D looking back i wished we stared a little sooner with the K1 we were not in a big rush because we traveled back and forth a lot.

Timeline

Here is an interesting nugget about immigrants and their education and drive to contribute to society instead of always
hearing about them draining the economy. Au contraire, immigrants stimulate the economy and pay taxes, are innovative
and create jobs. Cut down the numbers of immigrants and see the economy suffer. If I had a penny for every time I see a
native born American too lazy to better themselves with an education or trade school !
Immigrants work circles around Americans and I see it with my own eyes every day. Of course there are exceptions to this but
overall it is a misconception about immigrants taking and not contributing and it is deceptive of Trump & Co to paint that
picture. Even Bush (never thought I would miss the guy) had statistics out years ago showing this.

People need to wake up to the alt right Koolaid flavor.

In 2014, 29 percent (10.5 million) of the 36.7 million immigrants ages 25 and older had a bachelor's degree or higher, compared to 30 percent of native-born adults. Notably, the share of college-educated immigrants is much higher—44 percent—among those who entered the country since 2010.
African immigrants to the U.S. are among the most educated groups in the United States. Some 48.9 percent of all African immigrants hold a college diploma. This is more than double the rate of native-born white Americans, and nearly four times the rate of native-born African Americans.

Spoiler

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Dutchster said:

Is Steve Bannon actually capable of doing anything or is it just giving advice on executive orders and such? That guy gives me massive shivers, 

I think so, if not official then in infleuns of ideas. The changes that trumb made so far come very close to the things Bannon talks about.

Trumb has almost completly cut funding for whoman right groups including all funding for abortion.

and has cut a lot of enviromentall protection funds. that is where he got the boost of the dow jones, now the dow jones is comming down already but that funding is still gone.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Dutchster said:

Bannon and Miller drafted the awful EO for Trump.

Spoiler

Just now, Ebunoluwa said:

Bannon and Miller drafted the awful EO for Trump.

They can cash me ousside howbowda? 

Naturalization                                                        

'Merica. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Dutchster said:

They can cash me ousside howbowda? 

:D

Spoiler

Well, 'luckily' Obama signed a last minute order on protecting Planned Parenthood, who are also known as a place where you can get an abortion. But Republicans see PP only as a child murdering place instead of a safe place for those seeking cancer screenings, birth control, teenage moms can get parenting help, STD prevention and medicines etc etc. As far as I know Trump can't touch them now, plus they are not government funded.

Naturalization                                                        

'Merica. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.