14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi, I have officially started my i-129f packet today and am wondering if you're supposed to send original train tickets, boarding passes ect? I've made scanned copies of them all and labeled and signed the each paper. And have done the same with basically all my evidence, including my birth certificate. 

Will this be accepted by them? Thank you 

You are not supposed to send originals, because they will not be returned. So, good work!

Good luck!

Wait, I just realized you said you signed and labeled your birth certificate...? You shouldn't obstruct any of the forms with additional words/info or you may get an RFE. You scan the document and label its location in your TOC in your packet. 

Edited by afortunada
to talk about not writing on/altering official documents

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

Timeline

@afortunada thank you for your quick reply! I thought that's what you're supposed to do but I've seen one person say they might not accept scanned photocopies of evidence and it got me worried for a minute haha

1 minute ago, kenmal97 said:

@afortunada thank you for your quick reply! I thought that's what you're supposed to do but I've seen one person say they might not accept scanned photocopies of evidence and it got me worried for a minute haha

No problem! Just make sure you re-read the edit I made about not writing on the scans of your birth certificate/other official documents :)

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

Timeline

@afortunada there was a little bit of white left on the pages of my scanned birth certificates and I only labeled and signed it, but there's no writing on my birth certificate if that makes sense. I'm sending a photocopy of my original one and a photocopy of a certified copy I got from my local courthouse, so that is why I labeled them. Will that be alright or should I reprint and leave them completely blank? Thank you 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I wrote notes on most of my evidence pages (in the extra white space) from K1 petition to citizenship. I did not sign each page. Worked out fine for me. I will add that I didn't find it necessary to explain my birth certificate with a note,  but I only sent one photocopied version.

Only photocopies of your evidences should be submitted. Originals will not be returned.

Like you, I actually labelled each page of my supporting documentation on the blank white space at the bottom and made sure they corresponded with the table of contents. However, there's no need for signature. The USCIS forms shouldn't  be labelled at all. We got our NOA2 just fine dated June 3rd. 

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Timeline

@Wuozopo thank you for your reply. I am sending a copy of my original birth certificate and a copy of a certified copy because the writing on my original is a little worn out and I want them to be able to read everything perfectly fine. Do you think it will be okay that I labeled it? Yeah I have read you should sign everything but I understand why you wouldn't have to, will they mind that I signed all my evidence or should I reprint it all out? 

Timeline

@KULtoATL thank you for your reply! Congrats on your NOA2! Yeah even though it's obvious to see what the evidence I'm submitting is, I like to label it all just so they're perfectly sure lol. Do you think it will be accepted by them that I signed everything or should I reprint everything and label it again? 

1 minute ago, kenmal97 said:

@KULtoATL thank you for your reply! Congrats on your NOA2! Yeah even though it's obvious to see what the evidence I'm submitting is, I like to label it all just so they're perfectly sure lol. Do you think it will be accepted by them that I signed everything or should I reprint everything and label it again? 

Hi :) Thank you for your kind word.

I think the label on each page actually helped our case adjudicator to go through our documents more easily given the huge amount of documents that we sent in. With the specific label on the page, he/she was able to tell immediately without flipping back to the table of contents.

Your sign shouldn't affect anything so just use what you've already printed as long as the information part isn't obstructed or altered :)

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

Timeline

@KULtoATL you're welcome 😁 that's definitely true. I've screen shot some locations I've been tagged in with my partner on Facebook and also some pictures on Twitter so they can see the captions and date on them, so I think labeling them would really help let them know what they are looking at. I have not changed or altered any of my documents. Just scanned, printed and labled them as they are 🖒😁

Just now, kenmal97 said:

@KULtoATL you're welcome 😁 that's definitely true. I've screen shot some locations I've been tagged in with my partner on Facebook and also some pictures on Twitter so they can see the captions and date on them, so I think labeling them would really help let them know what they are looking at. I have not changed or altered any of my documents. Just scanned, printed and labled them as they are 🖒😁

That's wonderful! I hope you get to finish organising your paperwork soon and send in the petition already :D Make sure that all forms are fully completed and sign as well as all required documents are enclosed along with the correct payment amount.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, kenmal97 said:

@Wuozopo thank you for your reply. I am sending a copy of my original birth certificate and a copy of a certified copy because the writing on my original is a little worn out and I want them to be able to read everything perfectly fine. Do you think it will be okay that I labeled it? Yeah I have read you should sign everything but I understand why you wouldn't have to, will they mind that I signed all my evidence or should I reprint it all out? 

You don't need both birth certificates. Both are perfectly legal proof of your birth.  Choose the one that is most readable. Sign your name, don't sign--doesn't matter. You are tending to overthink. This isn't that hard.

Look at the reasons for the evidence. You have to prove you're American. So proving with two versions all noted and signed doesn't get you more approved or less approved. They are simply ticking off-

✔️US citizen - then moving on. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Instead of writing a small note on the paper I put a little post-it on my "birth certificate" for my AOS to explain why it looks the way it does (we don't have regular birth certificates in Sweden). 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.