MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

I hope this month brings us good news. Those waiting, really try to reach out to your senator for help, even if they are only sending an inquiry. It may not expedite the process but it puts you above other applicants because you become a 'priority' constituent. Keep sending an inquiry through your senator or Congressperson at least every 60 days. Inshallah there is a light at this end of this ds tunnel. 

Edited by Sarac9

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Rashid patras said:

So many people are waiting for months and months New month has started has Anyone heard good news or any positive vibes??

No news yet this month.  We have had 16 updates so far 9 of those were without inquiry twice they were daily.  Last few months it only updates when we inquire.   I'm hopeful that InshaAllah we will hear something!  Its been 6 months in AP and and lately I seen others with good news and its given me some hope.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I got an email today from embassy that i need to submit my cv to the office to proceed further . I uploaded my cv before aswell plus sent the cv along with the ds5535 previously. i am confused why they asking again? secondly by "submitting to office" means by courier?

5 hours ago, Hamza86 said:

Try not to stay out of usa more than 6 months...if you have a reason like studies, medical treatment etc u can apply for a rentry permit which helps to allow u to stay out of usa for 2 years without loosing it.

Actually one of my friend is out of States since September2018 and he got green card in last August. And now he is planning to come in June again.. even confirmed the tickets.. I heard he may get difficulty while entering US.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Munazza said:

Actually one of my friend is out of States since September2018 and he got green card in last August. And now he is planning to come in June again.. even confirmed the tickets.. I heard he may get difficulty while entering US.

if you stay out for too long then that can cause a problem. Try not to exceed 6 months. better to keep it 3 months stay. Get ur immigration done in US when coming back to US

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Hamza86 said:

I got an email today from embassy that i need to submit my cv to the office to proceed further . I uploaded my cv before aswell plus sent the cv along with the ds5535 previously. i am confused why they asking again? secondly by "submitting to office" means by courier?

Sad to hear that what I understand is they must had lost your cv you sent earlier and when did you send your cv and ds5535. But don't worry it's a good sign atleast they start work on your case. What's your profession??

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Hamza86 said:

if you stay out for too long then that can cause a problem. Try not to exceed 6 months. better to keep it 3 months stay. Get ur immigration done in US when coming back to US

You need prior permission to stay more than 6 months and can be extended for further 6 months.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Hamza86 said:

52 minutes ago, Rashid patras said:

You need prior permission to stay more than 6 months and can be extended for further 6 months.

I tried to get information about the case of my friend discussed above who got his green card in August 2018 and left US next month.. but not sure if he comes in June 2019 here then what can be happened.. Any experience based thing? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi I need help and advice... Ciudad Juarez embassy sent my husband a letter to reschedule an appointment and to renew his medical.   I am afraid... why did they want to interview him again? He had his first interview March 21, 2018 and was given 221g form asking for DS5535... It has been over a year and now we got this....

Filed: IR-2 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My son's case  is stuck in Islamabad embassy since July 2017 in administration processing. 22 months still counting, God knows when this misery and nerve breaking torture will end.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.