MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Shazyyo said:

Did your wife had some date updates on her ceac status before the embassy contacted her?

No. Until last week there was no update at all on ceac. Now the date has changed for the "date created" but still says "no status". The ceac webpage is hit or miss from the stories of other people.

I am a naturalized US citizen waiting my Moroccan fiancee's i129f visa. Applied Feb 2017. She has been in AP since Oct 2017

*UPDATE* Fiancee received i-129f visa and returned passport Nov 2018. 411 days of AP.

Please feel free to add your information to the spreadsheet below. It may help us with extra data points for those under extreme vetting. Please do not add personal info as the document is public. Do not edit any other info except your own. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1agwbg4go7ID6wnoNg-mN2qOI_ErRQN1lO1BUzOUKkTs/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hello,

Sorry if this question has already been asked- but what all is considered Social Media for the DS-5535? I know the obvious- Facebook, Instragram, Telegram, Whatapp...but what about less obvious ones? Like if my husband is using this forum would that be considered Social media? Do they define social media as anything that you make a user name/password to? Does anyone have a list of social media to consider?  I just want to make sure that we don't leave anything off the list. Thanks!

-Jess 

2 hours ago, JessM28 said:

Hello,

Sorry if this question has already been asked- but what all is considered Social Media for the DS-5535? I know the obvious- Facebook, Instragram, Telegram, Whatapp...but what about less obvious ones? Like if my husband is using this forum would that be considered Social media? Do they define social media as anything that you make a user name/password to? Does anyone have a list of social media to consider?  I just want to make sure that we don't leave anything off the list. Thanks!

-Jess 

Yes, everything where you share information with a group of people. 

Just give them every platform that you use continuously. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Sarac9 said:

Any updates for those waiting 6 months ans plus? 

We had an update today! I just checked. But I'm sure it's because there was an inquiry from the Senator's office about our case! It's been 10 months :( 

Edited by MO&RA

45 minutes ago, MO&RA said:

We had an update today! I just checked. But I'm sure it's because there was an inquiry from the Senator's office about our case! It's been 10 months :( 

I am so sorry... 

I wish something could be done... although you are closer to it. Send inquires every week to check in very politely 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
On 11/2/2018 at 7:43 AM, SabrinaJerome said:

😲😲😲

I don't know but that sounds like good news to me!!!

This could be it! Fingers crossed for you guys. 🙊

Got another update on 11/08. Sent out an email yesterday and got the automatic response but nothing else. Ugh they are just playing games.

Married: 09/01/02016

I-130 sent: 11/21/2016

NOA1 received: 11/25/2016

NOA1 hard copy: 11/30/2016

NOA2 hard copy: 09/21/2017

NVC received: 10/01/2017

DS-261 completed: 10/06/2017

AOS paid: 10/11/2017

IV fee paid: 10/20/2017

DS-260 completed: 10/25/2017

AOS/IV mailed: 10/26/2017

AOS/IV received: 10/31/2017

CC12/06/2017

Interview: 02/20/2018   AP:(

2nd Interview: 02/25/2019 (It was a STOKES!! I think I surprised them because I all ready had a trip planned over there to see him!!!)

Visa in hand! 08/12/2019

Arrived in US: 10/10/2019

10 year green card: 11/08/2019

51 minutes ago, StoneLand said:

How are you all doing? I just came here to tell you all to calm down and everything will be fine soon. I had gone through this process and all I did was exercised patience. I was on AP for 9 months. I have been in the US for 4 months now with my family. Don’t get panic or discouraged. No matter how long it takes you will get your Visas. I’m sending this message from New York.

Thank you all

Thanks for encouragement .. I m in AP since 14 months and losing my mind and hope as well.. I don't know what's next... I have nothing to do in my life except waiting for visa

7 hours ago, tiyyo said:

Got another update on 11/08. Sent out an email yesterday and got the automatic response but nothing else. Ugh they are just playing games.

remain positive hope thing moving along, I established serious communication as well, but strange that they stopped updating on their website after their replies, I am sure they open the file but no updated reflected the site, anyone has a similar situation.

5 hours ago, Caseinquiry said:

remain positive hope thing moving along, I established serious communication as well, but strange that they stopped updating on their website after their replies, I am sure they open the file but no updated reflected the site, anyone has a similar situation.

My fiancee's case wasn't updated on their site for over a year, even with Senators and House reps contacting the embassy. It is only updated if there is a change. 

I am a naturalized US citizen waiting my Moroccan fiancee's i129f visa. Applied Feb 2017. She has been in AP since Oct 2017

*UPDATE* Fiancee received i-129f visa and returned passport Nov 2018. 411 days of AP.

Please feel free to add your information to the spreadsheet below. It may help us with extra data points for those under extreme vetting. Please do not add personal info as the document is public. Do not edit any other info except your own. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1agwbg4go7ID6wnoNg-mN2qOI_ErRQN1lO1BUzOUKkTs/edit?usp=sharing

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.