MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
56 minutes ago, ibnfawzi said:

We have had zero updates via the CEAC portal for 13 months.

You can see the spreadsheet in my signature.

Thank you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

Thank you!

😧I’m sorry you’ve been waiting so long , that’s really ridiculous, Because the wait is the hardest struggle (4 me indeed) but when I see a update it does fill my heart with a lil more hope ..I pray you get a answer  very soon. Hold steady and keep faith🙏

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Is it okay for the petitioner to get a new job white we’re on AP?? And to go back to school? Or will we have to notify the consulate?? Please I need help! I may have to get a new job ASAP!! 

1 hour ago, Le212 said:

Is it okay for the petitioner to get a new job white we’re on AP?? And to go back to school? Or will we have to notify the consulate?? Please I need help! I may have to get a new job ASAP!! 

Yeah you should keep your job or continue doing whatever you've been doing because the AP waiting time is unpredictable. 

Filed: O-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

I wish to share my experience of applying for an O-1A visa from Jeddah Saudi Arabia. I also included my wife (O-3) in my application. I would like to mention here that I have visited US times on internships and for conferences and so has my wife. We had our visa interview on 3-Oct-2018 at morning 9:30 am. After waiting for more than an hour we were called for the interview with one of the consular officers. As advised by my attorney I brought all the petition documents with me along with some additional paperwork. In totality, it was more than 200 pages and when the consular officer asked for the case documents I passed on all of these. To be fair, these were a lot of documents which were difficult for the consular officer to be processed at the moment. Anyway, the CO went through these and asked me a few questions pertaining to my qualifications. After a few brief questions which I answered in detail, the CO handed over me documents highlighting my rights in the US. At this point, I was very happy that my case is going to be approved but soon after that, the CO noticed that I have also filed an immigrant petition which was already approved  CO asked me that what are my plans after I finish my O-1 assignment, to which I specified that I am going to file for a green card later in the US.

After this discussion, the CO mentioned that they need to look up my case and they will call me again for another interview in a few days. They did not call me yet and I think they are not going to but they did send my wife DS-5535 on 8-Oct-2018 asking for a lot of details including social media handles, and travel details. Since then there has been no update in the case status.

Here is the timeline:

Interview date: 03-Oct-2018

DS-5535 sent:  08-Oct-2018 (sent filled form back on 09-Oct-2018)

Nationality: Indian

3 hours ago, DS5535-Jeddah-O1A said:

I wish to share my experience of applying for an O-1A visa from Jeddah Saudi Arabia. I also included my wife (O-3) in my application. I would like to mention here that I have visited US times on internships and for conferences and so has my wife. We had our visa interview on 3-Oct-2018 at morning 9:30 am. After waiting for more than an hour we were called for the interview with one of the consular officers. As advised by my attorney I brought all the petition documents with me along with some additional paperwork. In totality, it was more than 200 pages and when the consular officer asked for the case documents I passed on all of these. To be fair, these were a lot of documents which were difficult for the consular officer to be processed at the moment. Anyway, the CO went through these and asked me a few questions pertaining to my qualifications. After a few brief questions which I answered in detail, the CO handed over me documents highlighting my rights in the US. At this point, I was very happy that my case is going to be approved but soon after that, the CO noticed that I have also filed an immigrant petition which was already approved  CO asked me that what are my plans after I finish my O-1 assignment, to which I specified that I am going to file for a green card later in the US.

After this discussion, the CO mentioned that they need to look up my case and they will call me again for another interview in a few days. They did not call me yet and I think they are not going to but they did send my wife DS-5535 on 8-Oct-2018 asking for a lot of details including social media handles, and travel details. Since then there has been no update in the case status.

Here is the timeline:

Interview date: 03-Oct-2018

DS-5535 sent:  08-Oct-2018 (sent filled form back on 09-Oct-2018)

Nationality: Indian

The O-1 nonimmigrant visa is for the individual who possesses extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, or who has a demonstrated record of extraordinary achievement in the motion picture or television industry and has been recognized nationally or internationally for those achievements.
The O nonimmigrant classification is commonly referred to as:

• O-1A: individuals with an extraordinary ability in the sciences, education, business, or athletics (not including the arts, motion pictures or television industry)
  • O-1B: individuals with an extraordinary ability in the arts or extraordinary achievement in motion picture or television industry
  • O-2: individuals who will accompany an O-1, artist or athlete, to assist in a specific event or performance.  For an O-1A, the O-2’s assistance must be an “integral part” of the O-1A’s activity. For an O-1B, the O-2’s assistance must be “essential” to the completion of the O-1B’s production. The O-2 worker has critical skills and experience with the O-1 that cannot be readily performed by a U.S. worker and which are essential to the successful performance of the O-1
  • O-3: individuals who are the spouse or children of O-1’s and O-2’s

What is your background?Medicine,Biomedical, Science, Engineer or Arts? just curious? 

Timeline
18 hours ago, Labris said:

Yeah you should keep your job or continue doing whatever you've been doing because the AP waiting time is unpredictable. 

Yes I know :( but what if I need to get a new job? My boss’s company might be going out of business soon. It’s out of my control. 

18 hours ago, Le212 said:

Yes I know :( but what if I need to get a new job? My boss’s company might be going out of business soon. It’s out of my control. 

As the petitioner you can get a new job. I have started a new business since we applied for my fiancee's K1. When the consulate finally got to her case, they did ask for a new 1040 from me since we went past a calendar year to show my income and that I could still support her. Unless it's a significant change, you're fine.

If the company you work for goes out of business, you can't prove income and that could cause negatively on the case.

Edited by ibnfawzi

I am a naturalized US citizen waiting my Moroccan fiancee's i129f visa. Applied Feb 2017. She has been in AP since Oct 2017

*UPDATE* Fiancee received i-129f visa and returned passport Nov 2018. 411 days of AP.

Please feel free to add your information to the spreadsheet below. It may help us with extra data points for those under extreme vetting. Please do not add personal info as the document is public. Do not edit any other info except your own. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1agwbg4go7ID6wnoNg-mN2qOI_ErRQN1lO1BUzOUKkTs/edit?usp=sharing

2 hours ago, ibnfawzi said:

As the petitioner you can get a new job. I have started a new business since we applied for my fiancee's K1. When the consulate finally got to her case, they did ask for a new 1040 from me since we went past a calendar year to show my income and that I could still support her. Unless it's a significant change, you're fine.

If the company you work for goes out of business, you can't prove income and that could cause negatively on the case.

It's been 13 months for your admin processing right? Were you recently contacted by your embassy to re submit docs and new medical?

4 minutes ago, Sarac9 said:

It's been 13 months for your admin processing right? Were you recently contacted by your embassy to re submit docs and new medical?

Correct. The Consulate in Casablanca requested updated medical and police records of my fiancee last week. They also asked for my 1040 for 2017. They verbally implied as soon as she turns it in, she'll have the visa "in a matter of days". Inshaallah she'll have all updated documents translated and ready to turn in by this Wed. 

I am a naturalized US citizen waiting my Moroccan fiancee's i129f visa. Applied Feb 2017. She has been in AP since Oct 2017

*UPDATE* Fiancee received i-129f visa and returned passport Nov 2018. 411 days of AP.

Please feel free to add your information to the spreadsheet below. It may help us with extra data points for those under extreme vetting. Please do not add personal info as the document is public. Do not edit any other info except your own. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1agwbg4go7ID6wnoNg-mN2qOI_ErRQN1lO1BUzOUKkTs/edit?usp=sharing

4 hours ago, ibnfawzi said:

Correct. The Consulate in Casablanca requested updated medical and police records of my fiancee last week. They also asked for my 1040 for 2017. They verbally implied as soon as she turns it in, she'll have the visa "in a matter of days". Inshaallah she'll have all updated documents translated and ready to turn in by this Wed. 

Alhamdullilah!! I pray that it goes smoothly for you. This whole situation sucks. Please pray for my fiance and i too. All in all we've been in this situation for almost 2 years... first uscis took 9 months, then nvc took another month and then the embassy... when will it end!! 

Timeline
11 hours ago, ibnfawzi said:

Thank you so much! Great, so if I get a new job, but still make above the poverty guidelines, then I should be good right? Alhamdulillah that you are finished with this. It makes me so happy to see others’ success stories. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
On 10/15/2018 at 6:19 PM, pleasesendthem said:

I hv updated today...after  the assistent of the congresswoman talked to them....anybody knows if this update is gd signal...or her call ll help me??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.