MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Roor.M said:

Yes. They email you to schedule and get a new medical examination when the AP is over. Hopefully soon!!!

Currently at 10th month AP. I've emailed the embassy back when my medical was about to expire they assured me they'd email me once the AP is over to get a new one along with new photos.

Oh big thanks to you!!! I thought we have to do it during the ap!!! Where’re you applying from? Any updates to your case since went to ap??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Rami91 said:

Oh big thanks to you!!! I thought we have to do it during the ap!!! Where’re you applying from? Any updates to your case since went to ap??

Anytime!

I'm applying from Khartoum, Sudan. Well if you mean on ceac website then yes, they've been updates and the last one was on September 9th. 

On 7/1/2017 at 7:10 PM, rahsab said:

Hello

we was asked to fill DS 5535 after the interview. do you have any idea how long it takes?

we received administrative processing after 10 days we received an email asking to fill DS 5535 by email.

Can you tell me who the email was from?   Supposedly my husband is getting this according to NVC; but he cannot find it in his email.

On 9/30/2018 at 1:49 AM, Rosepetal3333 said:

Im talking about the Islamabad embassy* 

yes i do couple of times and this is what i got from them each time i enquiry ( the same automatic generated reply each time i emailed the embassy )

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for writing to our office.  Your immigrant visa case has been refused under INA Section 221(g) for administrative processing, an integral part of the visa adjudication and issuance process that can neither be expedited nor waived.  Unfortunately, it is difficult to predict the amount of time the processing will take and timing varies based on the individual circumstances of each case.  The visa application will be reconsidered when administrative processing is complete.

Please be assured that we are aware of your concerns and will process the application to completion as quickly as possible, in accordance with U.S. laws.  We recognize that this process can be frustrating for applicants and regret any inconvenience. 

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy, Islamabad

AL

13 minutes ago, abdulwahabkh4n said:

yes i do couple of times and this is what i got from them each time i enquiry ( the same automatic generated reply each time i emailed the embassy )

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for writing to our office.  Your immigrant visa case has been refused under INA Section 221(g) for administrative processing, an integral part of the visa adjudication and issuance process that can neither be expedited nor waived.  Unfortunately, it is difficult to predict the amount of time the processing will take and timing varies based on the individual circumstances of each case.  The visa application will be reconsidered when administrative processing is complete.

Please be assured that we are aware of your concerns and will process the application to completion as quickly as possible, in accordance with U.S. laws.  We recognize that this process can be frustrating for applicants and regret any inconvenience. 

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy, Islamabad

AL

Have you ever tried contacting them by fax rather than email? Maybe you can get a better response?

5 minutes ago, Rosepetal3333 said:

Have you ever tried contacting them by fax rather than email? Maybe you can get a better response?

of course i emailed than and thats what ive gained 

Do you guys think i should contact a lawyer abt my case?? Its been more than 7 months my case is still under AP and not a single update. Im thinking abt going to the lawyer and getting some answers. 

Timeline
On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 6:00 PM, autovel said:

Hi Meriem,

I have applied for a B1/B2 visa as well and had my interview last year in September: from what I read in this lengthy thread I strongly believe that when it comes to AP the visa type has no significance, your main nationality/passport/country of origin does.

Regarding the last point you asked, as a Moroccan who lives in Europe I tend to believe that residing or even just travelling to Europe, to certain European countries in particular, is not going to help in anyway. Long travel histories may  create longer processing if not just some suspicion. I came to realize that unfortunately for us Moroccans there seems to be a fairly harsh treatment when it comes to US visas.

Hopefully you will get your visa soon.

Did you get the Visa or not yet ?

I heard about someone who applied in Casablanca in August and get his Visa in September after AP !

Hey everyone, 

Applied for fiance in October 2017. Fiance had his interview july 30th, 2018 

Issued 221 g for joint sponsor specificallyrequesting i 864, we submitted that two weeks later, then came an email asking for i 134 for joint sponsor, submitted that for a week later then September 14 came another email with the ds 5535. We replied right away via email. Since then two updates one on September 17th for when they received it, and then the latest September 26th. I just sent an inquiry on Monday, October 1st, 2018.

It sucks to be in this position, but i am grateful that my fiance and i are not alone.

Emabssy is Islamabad

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Sarac9 said:

Hey everyone, 

Applied for fiance in October 2017. Fiance had his interview july 30th, 2018 

Issued 221 g for joint sponsor specificallyrequesting i 864, we submitted that two weeks later, then came an email asking for i 134 for joint sponsor, submitted that for a week later then September 14 came another email with the ds 5535. We replied right away via email. Since then two updates one on September 17th for when they received it, and then the latest September 26th. I just sent an inquiry on Monday, October 1st, 2018.

It sucks to be in this position, but i am grateful that my fiance and i are not alone.

Emabssy is Islamabad

Both have same religion? Any age difference? Any red flag?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Sarac9 said:

Yup and yup 

None

No age difference and no red flags the only thing  is that my fiance lived in London for 9 years.

Coz of london thats the reason they want to check more backgroud  of your fiance.you got ds5535. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.