Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
10 hours ago, SabrinaJerome said:

For anyone who hasn't yet seen the DS-5535 (Expired Nov 2017), here it is:

https://www.nafsa.org/_/File/_/amresource/DS5535.pdf

It has been renewed to 2021

Hello everyone, I was renewing my B1/B2 visa on May 2017 through the drop-box service and then I received my passport with a white paper attached to it asking me to show up for an interview. I showed up with all my documents ready and they only asked me to fill out an application, which I later knew that it was the DS-5535, and since them I've been under administrative processing. I sent the passport in May 2017 and the interview was June 20th 2017. The last case updated is August 5th 2017. The embassy is in Cairo, Egypt.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
1 hour ago, AhmedNegm said:

Hello everyone, I was renewing my B1/B2 visa on May 2017 through the drop-box service and then I received my passport with a white paper attached to it asking me to show up for an interview. I showed up with all my documents ready and they only asked me to fill out an application, which I later knew that it was the DS-5535, and since them I've been under administrative processing. I sent the passport in May 2017 and the interview was June 20th 2017. The last case updated is August 5th 2017. The embassy is in Cairo, Egypt.

We are all in the same boat . Keep emailing them and just wait no other choices with B1B2 visa

Timeline
7 hours ago, Maria1989 said:

Really I googled it but I didn’t find any news

7 hours ago, Maria1989 said:

Also we already falled in it so it doesn’t matter if it’s renewed or not hhhhhhh

Timeline
17 hours ago, SabrinaJerome said:

18 hours ago, SabrinaJerome said:

For anyone who hasn't yet seen the DS-5535 (Expired Nov 2017), here it is:

https://www.nafsa.org/_/File/_/amresource/DS5535.pdf

i filled mine in FEB, 2018. Three months after the form's expiry date??!!

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Ali-f said:

22 minutes ago, Ali-f said:

U should check with your lawyer because you filled an expired form 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Munazza said:

Me too filled it in Feb 2018 and i heard many got it after this too.

You should tell them  this when you email them  or refer back to your lawyer 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
3 hours ago, AhmedNegm said:

SAO background check it takes from 3 months to 48 months 

On 24/03/2018 at 1:10 AM, TangierMorocco said:

Hi Sonia,

If you are coming to the USA just for the PostDoc and planning to return to your home country I advise you to look for a postdoc at another country consider Australia, Canada, UK or stay in France. The DS 5535 is an unknown process. We are American Citizens waiting for our spouses and yet, we have been treated like this. Divided from our loved ones, without an answer. I suggest you should not waste your valuable time after the PhD waiting an unknown! Your sponsor also will not wait for you that long if they are supporting you from a federal grant!

Thanks for the advise TangierMorocco and I feel terribly sorry for your spouse. I hope you can get her in the US soon! 

Hello, My interview was this month for US and i have also got DS-5535 form in email the next day after my interview. I have filled it and sent the attachment back and since then my case is under AP. I already waited for 2 years for my interveiw. Please inform if anyone who has got DS-5535 and then the visa is approved. I think the minimum time is 40 days and some are waiting for 6 months.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Mohd Al Said said:

SAO background check it takes from 3 months to 48 months 

48 months ????? Then I will attend my kids wedding when I took my visa 

Timeline
35 minutes ago, S.S said:

Hello, My interview was this month for US and i have also got DS-5535 form in email the next day after my interview. I have filled it and sent the attachment back and since then my case is under AP. I already waited for 2 years for my interveiw. Please inform if anyone who has got DS-5535 and then the visa is approved. I think the minimum time is 40 days and some are waiting for 6 months.

Some people are getting their visa after ds5535 and others are still waiting welcome to the club and enjoy waiting with us

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Well now I am really worried. My husband didn't get the "official" DS5535 form, in fact, he was given a photo copied unofficial letter that basically has the same questions but not as extensive as the official form. Nothing asking about relatives, only the names of any siblings/children/partners not recorded on the DS-160. :( He listed none....

it was so confusing what they gave him. I hope we gave them the information they wanted...

Married: 09/01/02016

I-130 sent: 11/21/2016

NOA1 received: 11/25/2016

NOA1 hard copy: 11/30/2016

NOA2 hard copy: 09/21/2017

NVC received: 10/01/2017

DS-261 completed: 10/06/2017

AOS paid: 10/11/2017

IV fee paid: 10/20/2017

DS-260 completed: 10/25/2017

AOS/IV mailed: 10/26/2017

AOS/IV received: 10/31/2017

CC12/06/2017

Interview: 02/20/2018   AP:(

2nd Interview: 02/25/2019 (It was a STOKES!! I think I surprised them because I all ready had a trip planned over there to see him!!!)

Visa in hand! 08/12/2019

Arrived in US: 10/10/2019

10 year green card: 11/08/2019

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.