stellamahoo

I-129f June 2017 filers (merged)

6,570 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, The Squirrel said:

We already discussed them today if I am not mistaking, and somebody asked about the expedite, and the answer was no.

Already asked, not an expedite.

I think you got something mixed up there, who else sends cases "directly" to embassy but NVC

I went as far as sending her a private message just to inquire about their case. Hahahaha! Waiting for her reply now

Packet Sent: August 23, 2017 

NOA1 Received Date: August 25, 2017 

NOA1 Notice Date: August 29, 2017

NOA2: March 1, 2018 (by calling Tier 2)

NOA 2 Notice Date: March 2, 2018 (according to the new USCIS website)

NOA2 Hard Copy: March 6, 2018 

NVC Received: March 16, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: March 23, 2018

In Transit: March 23, 2018

Status "Ready": March 27, 2018

Case Last Updated: April 2, 2018

Packet 3 Received: May 9, 2018

Interview: June 7, 2018

CEAC Status ISSUED: June 12, 2018

VOH: June 18, 2018

POE: July 5, 2018

3 minutes ago, Gtuf22 said:

Can someone please tell me what the name of this FB group that you are all are talking about is? Or maybe provide a link?

I tried going back many pages, but am having a hard time finding the link. Thanks!

got ya! here's the FB group name :jest:

visa.png

9 minutes ago, The Squirrel said:

We already discussed them today if I am not mistaking, and somebody asked about the expedite, and the answer was no.

Already asked, not an expedite.

I think you got something mixed up there, who else sends cases "directly" to embassy but NVC

I was talking about what the girl said in her Facebook post. She already stated she received the Packet 3 and all they need is an interview date. She won’t receive it unless she applied for NVC expedite.

Edited by msscarlette

1 minute ago, msscarlette said:

I was talking about what the girl said in her Facebook post. She already stated she received the Packet 3 and all they need is an interview date. 

The mysterious part is why her Petitioner received the packet 3 instead of her. That's what @The Squirrel was trying to point out, I guess. The approval for a JUNE 26th case is shocking but acceptable and possible up to this point but the packet 3 email to Petitioner? Geez!  I am waiting for her to explain (as if were friends) hehehehe! 

2 minutes ago, NICK & PAULA said:

The mysterious part is why her Petitioner received the packet 3 instead of her. That's what @The Squirrel was trying to point out, I guess. The approval for a JUNE 26th case is shocking but acceptable and possible up to this point but the packet 3 email to Petitioner? Geez!  I am waiting for her to explain (as if were friends) hehehehe! 

Here in Kuwait, the petitioner will receive the Packet 3 via email as stated by one of my friends here in Kuwait. I am not sure with the other countries. 

Edited by msscarlette

2 minutes ago, msscarlette said:

Here in Kuwait, the petitioner will receive the Packet 3 via email as stated by one of my friends here in Kuwait. I am not sure with the other countries. 

The petitioner does not receive the email or the packet. DS-160 gets filled out by the beneficiary, and they are very particular that the beneficiary has to press "send" button from their IP address, and they get the email or packet, as they are the person who pressed the "send" button. Embassy is interested only in the beneficiary, that is their part of the job, petitioner's presence is optional. 

NVC expedite? Can somebody please help here, 6 months into this circus and I first time hear about this? USCIS expedite yes, but NVC?

12 minutes ago, The Squirrel said:

The petitioner does not receive the email or the packet. DS-160 gets filled out by the beneficiary, and they are very particular that the beneficiary has to press "send" button from their IP address, and they get the email or packet, as they are the person who pressed the "send" button. Embassy is interested only in the beneficiary, that is their part of the job, petitioner's presence is optional. 

NVC expedite? Can somebody please help here, 6 months into this circus and I first time hear about this? USCIS expedite yes, but NVC?

@The Squirrel My friend went throught K1 visa and currently waiting for AOS, would you doubt that she got her Packet 3 from her petitioner? USCIS sent it to her petitioner via email. Like I said, I do not know about other countries. 

Yes, you can expedite NVC. Unless you have an emergency, it has the same expedite criteria with USCIS.

https://legalbeagle.com/12130358-expedite-nvc.html

nvcexpedite@state.gov is the email.

Even if you have the normal processing times for USCIS, you can expedite on NVC stage if you have these criteria.( the same with USCIS)

Expedite Criteria

USCIS reviews all expedite requests on a case-by-case basis and requests are granted at the discretion of the office leadership. The burden is on the applicant or petitioner to demonstrate that one or more of the expedite criteria have been met.

USCIS may expedite a petition or application if it meets one or more of the following criteria:

• Severe financial loss to company or person;
  • Emergency situation;
  • Humanitarian reasons;
  • Nonprofit organization whose request is in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States;
  • Department of Defense or national interest situation (These particular expedite requests must come from an official U.S. government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to the government.);
  • USCIS error; or
  • Compelling interest of USCIS.
Edited by msscarlette

1 minute ago, Larissa&Jo said:

In my country the petitioner is welcome on the interview, I saw many girls doing it without problems =) 

Yes dear Novela Lady, that is correct for every country. I said the same thing, just warped it in my own way :D,  

@Naes This very second Spinach is sending alerts, May again .....  

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, The Squirrel said:

Yes dear Novela Lady, that is correct for every country. I said the same thing, just warped it in my own way :D,  

@Naes This very second Spinach is sending alerts, May again .....  

My app doesn't do any update... so have no idea. But I'll check it even after full day scan. But it will be half way to morning for you guys... sorry

by the way I knew about NVC expedite, but found it meaningless...(NVC wasn't this big of a problem before) 

Edited by Naes

3 minutes ago, Naes said:

My app doesn't do any update... so have no idea. But I'll check it even after full day scan. But it will be half way to morning for you guys... sorry

by the way I knew about NVC expedite, but found it meaningless...(NVC wasn't this big of a problem before) 

Waiting for 4 to 6 weeks to get a NVC case number is ridiculous. 

NVC Expedite is only useful for extreme emergencies. 

Timeline
Just now, msscarlette said:

Waiting for 4 to 6 weeks to get a NVC case number is ridiculous. 

NVC Expedite is only useful for extreme emergencies. 

Exactly and I also think they are not sending approvals because of the NVC backlog.

if they send noa2s and as they know people call NVC almost indefinitely. That will cause an even bigger backlog.. 

and the system trying to update to digital, may possible crash. Not just in a technical sense. 

So I really do think they're withholding precious noa2s... because you can't request uscis that easily and it's easier for them to make you wait than NVC.

dont know if this sounds right to everyone, but I'm thinking this for a while now...

Alright guys! I got her reply-- are you ready? She said that they never requested an expedite and her Fiance is not in the military or whatsoever emergency. That made them confused, too. They are now waiting for a letter (hard copy) of their approval. And take note - the packet 3 details were sent to her Fiance from USCIS. She did not get any email for that. I told her to update me when they already received any email/mail (hard copy) from either USCIS or NVC. Wooooowww! Hooooo! I don't know...Lol! @The Squirrel @Naes

8 minutes ago, msscarlette said:

@The Squirrel My friend went throught K1 visa and currently waiting for AOS, would you doubt that she got her Packet 3 from her petitioner? USCIS sent it to her petitioner via email. Like I said, I do not know about other countries. 

Yes, you can expedite NVC. Unless you have an emergency, it has the same expedite criteria with USCIS.

https://legalbeagle.com/12130358-expedite-nvc.html

nvcexpedite@state.gov is the email.

Even if you have the normal processing times for USCIS, you can expedite on NVC stage if you have these criteria.( the same with USCIS)

Expedite Criteria

USCIS reviews all expedite requests on a case-by-case basis and requests are granted at the discretion of the office leadership. The burden is on the applicant or petitioner to demonstrate that one or more of the expedite criteria have been met.

USCIS may expedite a petition or application if it meets one or more of the following criteria:

• Severe financial loss to company or person;
  • Emergency situation;
  • Humanitarian reasons;
  • Nonprofit organization whose request is in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States;
  • Department of Defense or national interest situation (These particular expedite requests must come from an official U.S. government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to the government.);
  • USCIS error; or
  • Compelling interest of USCIS.

OK cool. But please what are you trying to say? I am confused. They didn't try to expedite at USCIS, but did so at NVC? They had no clue they got approved, how in the world can they ask for expedite at NVC? So they got a NOA2 in 130 days or so (148 was to the letter yesterday)? If you expedite than there is no DS-160 needed? He did it without her knowing? What is your point?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, The Squirrel said:

OK cool. But please what are you trying to say? I am confused. They didn't try to expedite at USCIS, but did so at NVC? They had no clue they got approved, how in the world can they ask for expedite at NVC? So they got a NOA2 in 130 days or so (148 was to the letter yesterday)? If you expedite than there is no DS-160 needed? He did it without her knowing? What is your point?

When you expedite in the NVC the package that normally goes to beneficiary, instead goes to petitioner.

however as above post they didn't expedite anything...

ok so let's wait...not like we can do anything but go crazy and wait

9 hours ago, msscarlette said:

I have a feeling that June 1st and 2nd filers will get their NOA2 by mail and it won’t be updated online. 

I have the same feeling :blink: I'm June 2nd filer too. Still silence  :rolleyes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.