Riya

Mumbai consulate- K1 visa

122 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
16 hours ago, Pilgrimmed said:

Hi guys,

My fiancee (in India) has moved around several times within India to different states (has been staying at her current place for 2 years). Is it necessary to get a PCC from each district of state that she has resided in?

Thanks!

Nope...just the one from the place she's staying in currently.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Aaahhhhhh. The USTravels website sucks. At first it shows dates and then it lock you out. Why don’t people have flexibility to move and play around with dates? This is simply outrageous. And that too interview dates are so far out at end of June and it’s almost end of noa2 in July.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2018 at 8:04 AM, JazzAbi said:

Yeah I faced the same problem, it let’s you check only once in a day🤭😄 exactly the way ustraveldocs acted while we were looking for dates. 

For the medical check-up, the hospital has asked me to bring "Case number document", although i've received the number electronically. Are we supposed to receive an official document citing the case number? and if so does anyone have any idea how long it takes to receive the official document citing the case number assigned to us from NVC? Any insight would be appreciated on this case. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, Rosoneri22 said:

For the medical check-up, the hospital has asked me to bring "Case number document", although i've received the number electronically. Are we supposed to receive an official document citing the case number? and if so does anyone have any idea how long it takes to receive the official document citing the case number assigned to us from NVC? Any insight would be appreciated on this case. 

Try the other Mumbai Consulate thread, that one is much more active than this one. You can even ask this question on any other thread- it might help maybe. I am tagging the experienced people here to help you out - @Naes  @Greenbaum

The link is for the  other Mumbai Consulate thread is: 

Edited by A_R

Timeline
8 hours ago, Rosoneri22 said:

I received an email from the NVC with my case number. A few days after I received my case number through the phone, they emailed  me the letter. 

Edited by ash1234

5 hours ago, A_R said:

Try the other Mumbai Consulate thread, that one is much more active than this one. You can even ask this question on any other thread- it might help maybe. I am tagging the experienced people here to help you out - @Naes  @Greenbaum

The link is for the  other Mumbai Consulate thread is: 

THank you!

Hi all 

i got my nvc case number on 1st may 2018 and also my status show ready on website but we didn’t filled out DS 160 form yet nor  book the medical  appointment  because our lawyer said that we have to wait until we receive our package 4 letter from embassy but on VJ I saw many of you scheduled the interview without the letter so confused 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Puneet12 said:

Hi all 

i got my nvc case number on 1st may 2018 and also my status show ready on website but we didn’t filled out DS 160 form yet nor  book the medical  appointment  because our lawyer said that we have to wait until we receive our package 4 letter from embassy but on VJ I saw many of you scheduled the interview without the letter so confused 

I scheduled the interview without the Packet 4. You can also email ustraveldocs for the packet 4. By mail it took over a week after they sent it for my fiance to receive it. 

Timeline

Hi everyone here,

Kindly share your medical interview feedback for the visa.

Do they just check records or do tests too?

What all needs to be taken care of for the medical - what records need to taken.

How do you get the report for the medical?

Timeline
22 hours ago, Shivamke said:

Hey everyone! Fiancée was just approved this morning in Mumbai! 

Question, they gave her a slip of paper which says that an immigration fee must be paid to USCIS before she can enter the country. I don’t remember reading anything about this. Does anyone have any more info in regards to this? 

35ECC678-5CA7-4876-A91C-FAC6E1FB6CB6.jpeg

Yes , there is an immigrant fee that you need to pay prior to entering the US.

Check it at the USCIS website.

Timeline
1 hour ago, A_R said:

Hi everyone here,

Kindly share your medical interview feedback for the visa.

Do they just check records or do tests too?

What all needs to be taken care of for the medical - what records need to taken.

How do you get the report for the medical?

If you have any medical records it would be good to bring them to the medical, especially if you had any vaccines. For my fiance they did a physical assessment, vision test, collected blood and urine and did a chest x ray. They also ask about previous medical history. My fiance did his medical in Chennai, he brought his medical records, visa appointment form, Ds 160 form and I think 8 passport photos. I'm not sure if all medical sites require the same info so it's better to ask them what you need to bring. They gave his medical results the next day. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.