dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2017

885 posts in this topic

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Segun1988 said:

Hello Ayo from the name I see u are a Nigerian , so I am, my scan date is may 1st waiting for cc . Please share ur experience with us after the interview and u can also email me on segunforlove @ yahoo . Com thanks 

Yes.. I'll make sure to update everyone after my interview.

14 hours ago, cadtousa said:

Thanks JBMG I will try calling on Monday. :)

You need to call

or many send an email nvcexpedite@state.gov and quote in the subject line your case number, request to expedite.

In the content of the email, write in the case number, date case logged ( NOA1 i think for USCIS) receipt number, full name of petitioner and full name of beneficiary, receipt number helps as well.... i.e. all the info that they recognise you in their systems.

Detail reason for expedite.

Response - if by email, same day as sent to acknowledge. Received and forwarded to a someone to look at ....see if it makes sense.

Decision - will include a pass by via your Consulate/Embassy because they will take over the process

If they say yes .... you will be expedited

If no, advised a reason ( not sure what these are)

On VJ, seen people post reasons to expedite for:

• Personal situations - USC elderly parent requiring care, education of children at key school age etc.
  • Loss of income and financial hardship due to process taking so long ( flights, deposits for wedding again seem top) as low as USD$7000
  • Family illness and distress ( stuff happens during this process) 

Again decision goes to Consulate/Embassy and they will be as tough as NVC in most if not all cases.

Time from expedite request to answer and file actioned at Consulate/Embassy not sure, read on VJ 2 weeks, as well as 4 weeks.

Hope this helps.

7 hours ago, Patient said:

You need to call

or many send an email nvcexpedite@state.gov and quote in the subject line your case number, request to expedite.

In the content of the email, write in the case number, date case logged ( NOA1 i think for USCIS) receipt number, full name of petitioner and full name of beneficiary, receipt number helps as well.... i.e. all the info that they recognise you in their systems.

Detail reason for expedite.

Response - if by email, same day as sent to acknowledge. Received and forwarded to a someone to look at ....see if it makes sense.

Decision - will include a pass by via your Consulate/Embassy because they will take over the process

If they say yes .... you will be expedited

If no, advised a reason ( not sure what these are)

On VJ, seen people post reasons to expedite for:

• Personal situations - USC elderly parent requiring care, education of children at key school age etc.
  • Loss of income and financial hardship due to process taking so long ( flights, deposits for wedding again seem top) as low as USD$7000
  • Family illness and distress ( stuff happens during this process) 

Again decision goes to Consulate/Embassy and they will be as tough as NVC in most if not all cases.

Time from expedite request to answer and file actioned at Consulate/Embassy not sure, read on VJ 2 weeks, as well as 4 weeks.

Hope this helps.

Thnks @Patient . I have already emailed them for expedite last week so I will give a call and ask them for the results. Also, I will check with my lawyer if she received any response from NVC or embassy. Thank you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hello, 

Just wanted to remind anyone that is about to submit their file to the NVC to review the following forum. 

Here is a copy/paste of all the cases who received checklists from Feb/March/April.. 

W-2 for 2016 bring to interview
1st checklist 12/07/17 . correct info in AOS : in the application in sponsor's household size i filled the box #3 instead of #1.
2nd checklist 02/11/17 only sent corrected pages. Didn't know that i had to send all 12 pages again . my latest scan date was 02/15/17
2016 tax transcript, affidavits incorrect box check in part 1
2016 W2 forms
Affidavit of Support form and supporting financial documents
AOS (I-864) Missing/incorrect information.
Asked for proof of canadian residence (PR card) which was already submitted with I-130 and mailed document to NVC on June 12th. Also assessment for W2 form which I can take in Interview.
Birth certificate
Bring the evidents of assets to the interview appointment.
Checklist for a death certificate
Computer generated birth certificate
Correction on I-864
Court record
Court Records
Criminal records, police records, i864, tax returns, w2's, birth certificates, passport copies, photos, notorized employment verification, domicile verification, marriage certificate.
financial documents
Financial documents (standard as we are using assets). Also said we had incorrect birth certificate. When I called to clarify, turned out it was incorrect police certificate.
I have 2 scan dates because I found out I sent the wrong birth cert , So I mailed out a new one and got a new scan date
I need to take Mexican police certificate and revise Part 5 (Sponsor's Household Size) Section 8 on AOS
I-864 revision. Must bring to Interview
I-864, some places left blank.
Incorrect BC and police report
Incorrect birth certificate. Needs to be one with parents names
Incorrect household size on i-864
Incorrect Marriage Certificate
long form birth certif
Marriage Certificate and Police Certificate
Mexico Police Certificate
Missing Birth Certificate
missing i-i-864a (household member)
Missing police record
Missing ppc
NVC could not accept our police certificate-apparently they lost 2 pages of it
NZ Police Certificate. Cannot be requested by me directly, has to be requested through the embassy.
obsolete AOS form
Original w-2 for 2016
part 4 we forgot to tick a box
PCC and W2 form
Photocopy of original birth certificate
Police Certificate
Police certificate from Germany
Police report , w2 from my sponsor
Request to bring new police certificates to the interview. The ones we submitted expired during the process, due to NVC's long processing time.
Requested missing Nigeria police clearance
Requested tax info for 2016 for one joint sponsor since they filled out the I-864 prior to 2016 taxes being filed
They asked for a copy of my husbands Canadian green card. OR landing paper.
They said it was an incorrect birth certificate.
They say we are missing Birth Cert and Police Cert but we sent them.
W2
W2 forms
Wrong birth certificate

I'd submitted my application for my police clearance certificate on 14th June, and saw today that I can book an appointment for fingerprinting and collection of the certificate - but their earliest available slot is 13th July! Hoping this doesn't delay our submission of AOS+IV packages. That would be quite frustrating.

13-Mar-18 - POE

27-Apr-18 - Green card received

13-Jan-20 - Mailed out I-751 packet

15-Jan-20 - NOA date

12-Feb-20 - Biometrics appt completed; Status: Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken

07-Oct-20 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

06-Jul-21 - Interview scheduled

Timeline
1 minute ago, vilkim said:

Hi all,

I have a question. I see a lot of people receiving checklists with a request for w-2. I read that you can submit only tax transcript return that was ordered from IRS.

Is it necessary to send the w-2 forms as well?

thanks!

It could be because they couldn't order a Tax transcript for the year 2016 at the time of application. And maybe they didn't have their w2s for the year 2016 yet. If this is the case, and this is the only thing missing from your file, the NVC will most likely let you bring your W2 to the interview instead of having to resubmit to the NVC.. This seems to be the case for others.  If you sort the NVC Case Status Spread Sheet -  2017  by column "z" (you'll see, No - I am bringing my missing/corrected documents to the interview."). Instructions on how to sort the spreadsheet are in the "blue tab" on the spreadsheet.

Filed: Timeline
34 minutes ago, JBMG said:

It could be because they couldn't order a Tax transcript for the year 2016 at the time of application. And maybe they didn't have their w2s for the year 2016 yet. If this is the case, and this is the only thing missing from your file, the NVC will most likely let you bring your W2 to the interview instead of having to resubmit to the NVC.. This seems to be the case for others.  If you sort the NVC Case Status Spread Sheet -  2017  by column "z" (you'll see, No - I am bringing my missing/corrected documents to the interview."). Instructions on how to sort the spreadsheet are in the "blue tab" on the spreadsheet.

Thank you! This makes sense!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Should we really need to wait 11 weeks after getting a checklist (Birth certificate)?   

First SC was in March 17 and after waiting almost 2 months , NVC sent us a checklist in May 20.

It's just 1 paper to review. Is there anything to do to speed up the process????  

Edited by Nassar86

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Nassar86 said:

Should we really need to wait 11 weeks after getting a checklist (Birth certificate)?   

First SC was in March 17 and after waiting almost 2 months , NVC sent us a checklist in May 20.

It's just 1 paper to review. Is there anything to do to speed up the process????  

Unfortunately yes, you need to wait.. there are 32 cases on our spreadsheet who were required to send in documents delaying them another 8-11 weeks..  Not sure why they don't have people just working on checklists to reduce that 11 week turnaround time... 

NVC Case Status Spread Sheet -  2017  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
9 minutes ago, ynes said:

I have just checked the NVC website and called them to confirm... Our case has been completed on June 17th!!! :D

(Scan date May 15th)

Congrats!! Did you request an expedite? 

Edited by Mia12392

Timeline
15 minutes ago, ynes said:

I have just checked the NVC website and called them to confirm... Our case has been completed on June 17th!!! :D

(Scan date May 15th)

Congrats. 

Have you had a chance to look at our spreadsheet? Open to all NVC scan dates in 2017 (mail, email, CEAC upload)

NVC Case Status Spread Sheet -  2017 (save this link in your browser) 

Please visit the following, this will update the spreadsheet with your info. 

NVC Case Status Questionnaire -  2017

VERY IMPORTANT: please keep your confirmation email to edit your status as your case moves along.. Yes, You CAN bookmark the questionnaire link but only after opening it up via email. I have no access to resend your original questionnaire to you. Here are instructions on how to edit/save the questionnaire

Thank you, JBMG

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.