2,532 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 7/12/2018 at 5:45 PM, Fromacrossthepond said:

Hey guys, i'm also FINALLY approved! Wow its been a long time.

EAC1727000***

VSC filed

Never filed a N400 (yet)

No RFE or anything like that

Submitted June 26 2017

July 10 - 'we are producing your card'

July 12 - 'my card was mailed to me at address blah blah blah'

Hopefully i'll have it by the weekend?!

Update...

July 13 - received Approval notice letter

July 16 - Card in hand!!!

Thank you all for your help.

Wishing you all the best of luck on your journey!

12/03/14 Package sent

20/03/14 NOA1

02/09/14 NOA2

09/09/14 Hardcopy NOA2 received

15/09/14 Received at NVC

17/09/14 Case number and sent to Embassy

22/09/14 London receives and creates case

23/09/14 DS160 completed

24/09/14 Medical attended

24/09/14 Readiness form submitted

27/09/14 Packet 3 received

04/10/14 Packet 4 received

07/10/14 Interview

16/10/14 Passport and packet received

21/10/14 Boston!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ukraine
Timeline
22 hours ago, StaGor said:

Hello world

I have been following this thread for a year now, so I would like to express my gratitude to everyone who contributes with questions or answers - it gets at least some understanding of where are we all standing.

I myself am still waiting for i751 resolution, so wanted to share my timeline:

09/08/2015 conditional GC approved

06/14/2017 i751 case received by VSC

07/21/2017 biometrics appointment (fingerprints, etc)

According to USCIS website, my case has been received in local office on April 9th. This seems to be generic message, which might not necessarily be true.

According to DHS account site, they received my case on 6/14/17; 2/25/18 and 2/27/18 (all three dates are entered twice, making it as duplicates).

6/14/18 N400 received (filed by mail, as I heard some people complain of issues adding evidence online, so I did not risk)

7/2/18 biometrics appointment(again same fingerprints)

According to USCIS website, case is being actively reviewed (as soon as I walked out of biometrics appointment, literally 5 minutes as I was at he parking lot). Also they gave me a book to study civics test.

According DHS website, they reviewed my biometrics and I do not need to do anything at this time. Estimated wait time 11 months.

Now lastly, considering that we are all waiting for 18 months extension letters; and the fact that I am about to accept a new job offer, I am not going to wait until the letter and need infopass i551 stamp to meet i9 guidelines.

All things considered, I used Visualping chrome browser extension, and it took me 10 minutes to get appointment tomorrow. I will let everyone know if there is anything out of ordinary or if I get any information that seems to be unique or useful.

If you are struggling with infopass, try Visualping as it tracks changes of particular web page every X amount of time. So as soon as infopass page changes from "no appointments available" to any available schedule, you will get notified. So if you are watching youtube, are at work, etc, open infopass page with visualping and you will see the magic.

I am wishing everyone of us (both VSC and CSC) good luck and I will let you know as soon as something comes up (RFE or approval).

So as promised, I wanted to follow up on this. 

Getting stamp was easy. It took an hour and a half. Officer explained, that generally Mondays are busy. 

They said even if you don't get your stamp before extension letter expires, your status will not and you can get stamp any time. 

Keep in mind that unlike the letter, the stamp will not extend conditional green card by another year, but rather it will give one more year starting from the day it was stamped. 

Also officer mentioned that they can see address change but most recent address is my original address. To clarify, I have not changed or intended to change the address, so maybe another hickup in the system. 

I urge everyone not to worry, and get stamp upon necessity. Apparently you can even travel with it. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Also they did not take my expired conditional card. So I get to keep it for now along with original extension letter and stamp; until a new 18 months letter arrives or case gets resolved. 

Just received an email this morning with a case status update.. Finally! I had just last week received the NOA1 again with a 18 month extension. Filed June 8th 2017.

Capture.JPG.153fa04146e3f8233b6caebfeb1afa52.JPG

2 hours ago, phem0r said:

Just received an email this morning with a case status update.. Finally! I had just last week received the NOA1 again with a 18 month extension. Filed June 8th 2017.

Congrats!

I cannot believe the way VSC is whipping these approvals out.  Yippee for VSC filers.

And, I also cannot believe nothing has been done to adjust the disparity between the 2 service centers!!!  :angry:

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

10 months of bologna, we cannot believe this, nor will you if you knew
02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
30-Dec 2014 case received
10-Feb 2015 case and iin # assigned
10-Feb 2015 completed ds 261
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
11-Feb 2015 welcome letter rec'd
15-Feb 2015 emailed AOS & IV package info
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee
23-Feb 2015 submitted ds260
07-Apr 2015 CC :dancing:
26-May 2015. interview--approval

28-May 2015 noon visa in hand!!

POE-??

3 hours ago, phem0r said:

what is the start date of that 18 month extension letter? you had received one year extension already, right? 

On 7/14/2018 at 11:09 PM, eurydice01 said:

Update:

I wrote on my previous post that I received an update on my case July 6, 2018 to "New card is being produced." July 13, 2018, I received my 10-year Green Card. 

Hey so you had to sign a paper so the mailman would give you the card? I’m just wondering if I need to take the day off the day the card is supposed to arrive :)

31 minutes ago, Chaka Quaker said:

Hey so you had to sign a paper so the mailman would give you the card? I’m just wondering if I need to take the day off the day the card is supposed to arrive :)

it is just a priority mail with tracking, no signature is required

Filed: Timeline
3 hours ago, mrs thb said:

Congrats!

I cannot believe the way VSC is whipping these approvals out.  Yippee for VSC filers.

And, I also cannot believe nothing has been done to adjust the disparity between the 2 service centers!!!  :angry:

As you would expect, California deals with the larger proportion of DACA, illegals trying to adjust status, related family petitions, and god knows what else, since there are more of them in the border states. Assisted by various NGOs, they all get priority over you people doing it the right way, suckaaaaaa.

Edited by Jameson78

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jameson78 said:

As you would expect, California deals with the larger proportion of DACA, illegals trying to adjust status, related family petitions, and god knows what else, since there are more of them in the border states. Assisted by various NGOs, they all get priority over you people doing it the right way, suckaaaaaa.

I would guess most of DACAs are processing in CSV.. Idk why we cant all file directly with our local office in the first place since every state already has its own office.. 2 offices for the entire country is clearly not enough

Edited by CharlieBrown

I-751

ROC SENT:.......11/20/2017

NOA: ................01/12/2017

BIO.: .................26/12/2017

Filed: Timeline
Just now, CharlieBrown said:

I would guess most of DACAs are processing in CSV.. Idk why we cant all file directly with our local office in the first place when every state already has its own office.. 2 offices for the entire country is clearly not enough

The whole thing makes no goddamn sense, because it is funded entirely by fees.  They clearly aren't high enough because they are chronically understaffed. Just double or triple them, hire more staff, and be done with it, for god's sake.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jameson78 said:

The whole thing makes no goddamn sense, because it is funded entirely by fees.  They clearly aren't high enough because they are chronically understaffed. Just double or triple them, hire more staff, and be done with it, for god's sake.

true, people complain about the fee but I don't think its that high if you think that you're moving to a country where you never paid taxes in until now.. so I'd totally be willing to pay a higher fee for us to have a better service..

all the money people put in attorneys they could just give that to uscis and deal with less bureaucracy 

Edited by CharlieBrown

I-751

ROC SENT:.......11/20/2017

NOA: ................01/12/2017

BIO.: .................26/12/2017

16 minutes ago, CharlieBrown said:

I would guess most of DACAs are processing in CSV.. Idk why we cant all file directly with our local office in the first place since every state already has its own office.. 2 offices for the entire country is clearly not enough

there are three uscis facilities dealing with daca applications:  phoenix, az;  dallas, tx;  and chicago, il

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.