2,532 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
27 minutes ago, charmed2006 said:

i thought i did something terrible that my case was removed from the spreadsheet.. lol..

nice to know that at least i am not alone :)

You are good :)

Thanks for warning - if not you, we would not have learnt there is a "pest", floating around and destroying our spreadsheets.. :)

35 minutes ago, Ksenia_O said:

You are good :)

Thanks for warning - if not you, we would not have learnt there is a "pest", floating around and destroying our spreadsheets.. :)

If you haven't yet, I'd report it to one of the mods. Especially if it's happening to other threads as well. Thanks for keeping this updated :)

ROC Timeline:

May 31: Package mailed    

June 8: NOA1 received, dated June 2

June 27: Biometrics done

Sept 25: Case Status Update Card in Production

9 hours ago, Ksenia_O said:

Ok... I've restored the spreadsheet, AGAIN. Yes, it's more than  annoying, and I've seen from July 2017 ROC filers thread that someone has done the same exact thing to their spreadsheet, several times...

So, I've also changed settings - now you can comment, but cannot edit, so hopefully it will be fine.. If there is something again - I'll block it from comments as well, and if somebody needs to enter their data - I'll be happy to do so, just send me a request ;)  

Can you post the spreadsheet link here?

Thank you!

So it looks like there are still a handful of June filers that have not received biometrics appointments yet. I received this email today after doing an online service request stating we haven't received a bio appointment yet:

"On August 11, 2017, you notified USCIS that you have not received an appointment to have your biometric images processed. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been resolved.

The name of the applicant on a Form I-751 petition is automatically added to the Application Support Center (ASC) scheduling roster upon USCIS receipt of the filing. Once confirmed in the system, a biometrics appointment notice specifying the time and location will be sent. "

Is there any action I should take? I realize they may be busy but it's almost 3 months after receipt and we haven't had any updates in our case.

2 hours ago, gc@gc said:

Thank you!

Also: 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l2zjWPJIPwaKv5fh7v1RfFAc7WmQmRdecC9_gN05ygQ/edit#gid=0

Webp.net-resizeimage.png

4 minutes ago, Coogah said:

So it looks like there are still a handful of June filers that have not received biometrics appointments yet. I received this email today after doing an online service request stating we haven't received a bio appointment yet:

"On August 11, 2017, you notified USCIS that you have not received an appointment to have your biometric images processed. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been resolved.

The name of the applicant on a Form I-751 petition is automatically added to the Application Support Center (ASC) scheduling roster upon USCIS receipt of the filing. Once confirmed in the system, a biometrics appointment notice specifying the time and location will be sent. "

Is there any action I should take? I realize they may be busy but it's almost 3 months after receipt and we haven't had any updates in our case.

Also: 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l2zjWPJIPwaKv5fh7v1RfFAc7WmQmRdecC9_gN05ygQ/edit#gid=0

thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
23 hours ago, gc@gc said:

Thank you!

Here it is :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
On 8/25/2017 at 10:10 PM, Coogah said:

Also: 

That's the same e-mail I received, basically means we still need to wait until an appointment can be made. :(

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 6:01 PM, tdotca said:

Hi , how did you get through email ? I did not think that you can get any update or such via email. I did create an account with USCIS but I don't think I can check off anything until I get my Biometric letter, which I am still waiting for. My NOA1/i797 was dated jul 21 and I received Jul 27. CAlled Aug 16 and was told by a Tier2 person that they have  not yet scheduled me.  Thanks . 

I have no idea how I received an email for this, I assume they had it on file from my AOS.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 5:38 PM, Sugar_ said:

Hello all, just an update for those still waiting for their biometrics notice. I received a letter today stating "This notice informs you that USCIS is able to reuse your previously captured fingerprints and other biometrics data. USCIS will run the same security checks and use your biometrics data as in the past, however, it is not necessary for you to appear at a USCIS application support center for a biometrics appointment. The biometrics fee will not be refunded."

I guess this worked out, would've been great if they sent something earlier! The biometrics data USCIS has on file is over 2.5 years old (at least I look nice in the photo they have!).

Good luck to all!

Hello, all. I received my biometrics appointment letter last week, I sent in an appointment rescheduling request as I'm travelling for work and unable to even head in for a walk-in appointment. I called USCIS and asked if this is really required as they previously advised me that they'll be using my old biometric information - they said yes.

2 hours ago, dannymx said:

That's the same e-mail I received, basically means we still need to wait until an appointment can be made. :(

Well that's a bummer! I'm assuming there's maybe a high volume of appointments already in our local offices, hence the need to make us wait? Our AOS went through without anything exciting happening so hoping it's just a little backed up here in UT.

Webp.net-resizeimage.png

10 hours ago, Sugar_ said:

Hello, all. I received my biometrics appointment letter last week, I sent in an appointment rescheduling request as I'm travelling for work and unable to even head in for a walk-in appointment. I called USCIS and asked if this is really required as they previously advised me that they'll be using my old biometric information - they said yes.

Wow that is fantastic! I am still waiting for my biometrics letter or a letter saying that they don't need it like you received. Silly though, they sent you letter sayiing they can use your previous fingerprints then they sent you a biometric appointment letter?? 

I-129F Sent : 2014-09-15
I-129F NOA1 : 2014-09-24
I-129F NOA2 : 2014-10-20
NVC Left : 2014-11-05
Packet 3 Received : 2014-11-13
Packet 4 Received : 2014-12-05
Medical : 2014-12-19
Interview Date : 2015-01-23 Montreal
Interview Result : Approved 2015-01-23
Loomis picked up passport from Montreal: 2015-01-27
Passport/visa in hand:2015-01-30

POE'd at Toronto Pearson Airport: 2015-04-01

SSN received: 2015-04-08 or so

Married : 2015-04-23

AOS/EAD/AP submitted as one : 2015-05-19

Biometrics AOS: 2015-06-15

EAD approved : 2015 July but did not receive until 2015-09-30

AOS interview: 2015-09-25

AOS approved: 2015-09-25

GC received: 2015-10-02

ROC I751 package mailed 7/19
uscis received package 7/21 as per USPS
check cashed 7/25/2017
noa i797 dated 7/21/2107/ WAC17293xxx
noa i797 received 7/27/2017

Biometrics not needed; used what was on file

Infopass i551 stamp ( 12months) done 8/17/2018

No RFE.

No Interview.

ROC approved Oct 25,2018.  i797 notice received Oct 29,2018 

PR card received Oct 30 2018 

My bio metric done on 09/05/2017. When I reached at the center, I asked the security personal with my photocopy bio metric letter that,
Can you verify this is the time and location.

He asked my ID, I gave him my Driving License. He checked and put a stamp on my photocopy bio metric letter.

I told him this is photocopy, You have to stamp on original not on photocopy. He replied, not worry we will give you the biometric letter to you.
It doesn't matter , It is photocopy or original. 

My bio metric done smoothly and at the end, they gave my bio metric letter with stamp and another copy where my personal details are mentioned which i filled in the support center.

Now I have original bio metric letter with no stamp and photocopy bio metric letter with stamp.

Is everything OK or I have do something ? 

1 hour ago, MadeForEachOther_ said:

My bio metric done on 09/05/2017. When I reached at the center, I asked the security personal with my photocopy bio metric letter that,
Can you verify this is the time and location.

He asked my ID, I gave him my Driving License. He checked and put a stamp on my photocopy bio metric letter.

I told him this is photocopy, You have to stamp on original not on photocopy. He replied, not worry we will give you the biometric letter to you.
It doesn't matter , It is photocopy or original. 

My bio metric done smoothly and at the end, they gave my bio metric letter with stamp and another copy where my personal details are mentioned which i filled in the support center.

Now I have original bio metric letter with no stamp and photocopy bio metric letter with stamp.

Is everything OK or I have do something ? 

You're fine. The important thing is you got it done. Just keep the stamped copy with the original.

ROC Timeline:

May 31: Package mailed    

June 8: NOA1 received, dated June 2

June 27: Biometrics done

Sept 25: Case Status Update Card in Production

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.