jessmess

Affidavit of Support Question on Proving Income

50 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
3 minutes ago, pghknr said:

Hammad,

Oh my God..Sorry to hear. They can't do like that..Now You have to find Joint  Sponsor and send I 864 to Embassy

Horse feathers.  If petitioner is making $60k a year since September, they don't need a joint sponsor.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
11 minutes ago, hammad745 said:

yes i am working with county and earning more then enough (60K+) but since my job was started in last September my tax returns was not showing 125% in 2016. I provide my employment confirmation letter my recent pay stub showing my current income. At the time of interview CO gave RFE to submit joint sponsor I-864.

What did you state as your current income?  How did you document it?

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, hammad745 said:

Lol I sent joint sponsor I-864 and my joint sponsor's filing status is Married Filling Jointly. Now they are asking for I-864A from spouse.

LOL...It's really V Bad luck I can say..Whoever filing that I-864A spouse also working or not working

Timeline
1 minute ago, hammad745 said:

My 2016 tax return with 19k income for three months, my employment verification letter my recent pay stubs.

Unless you're self employed, your 2016 tax return is not evidence of current income.  What did you say your current income was?  It should be stated as what you will make at the same pay rate in the next 12 months.  Current income has nothing to do with YTD or last year.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
1 minute ago, pghknr said:

For I-864A Spouse Working ?

It doesn't matter.  If they file jointly it's best practice to provide the I-864a, so the spouse is also obligated by the contract in the affidavit.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yes joint sponsor spouse is working.

my employment verification letter on County letter head stated my YTD income and tell them that i am a full time employee.

2 minutes ago, pghknr said:

hammad745  Employed for 60K 

You really should be listening to pushbrk on this.  Pushbrk has YEARS of experience in this exact and is known as the Visa Journey expert by those of us who have been here longer. 

Edited by NikLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
2 minutes ago, hammad745 said:

Yes joint sponsor spouse is working.

my employment verification letter on County letter head stated my YTD income and tell them that i am a full time employee.

Strange.  Did you ask them to state your YTD income?  It's irrelevant.  You should qualify based on current income but the Consulates in India do tend to focus on tax returns, where others do not.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, NikLR said:

You really should be listening to pushbrk on this.  Pushbrk has YEARS of experience in this exact and is known as the Visa Journey expert by those of us who have been here longer. 

Yeah I Agree He is Senior to us  thks for your time and help Pushbrk

Edited by pghknr

Timeline
10 minutes ago, hammad745 said:

Yeah my case is pending under AP and God know how long it will take.

Hammad,

I think Your Joint Sponsor has enough Income Did you submit W2 with I-864.  Not Required to file I-864A

Read first 2 paragraphs on below link

https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-864ainstr.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.