Jacque67

Comey memo says Trump asked him to end Flynn investigation

150 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
5 hours ago, CaliCat said:

I have to disagree with you on this one. This is really about Trump and what he is doing to the credibility of this country and to the very office he occupies. He works for the American people - republicans, democrats, independents, etc - so anyone among We The People can and should ask for his head if and when he acts in a manner unbecoming of his office.

In this particular case, he may have committed obstruction of justice, which is a crime, and in this case, again, the American people is entirely entitled to seeing that these allegations are fully vetted.

I don't remember the last Administration ever working for me.  If President Trump committed obstruction of justice, why didn't Comey report it to the DOJ when it occurred as would be the proper procedure.  Since it seems apparent he did not, and this supposed memo is only his opinion, this makes it of dubious credibility.

As to the rest of the world and their opinion of the US, that was already in the dumpster, but I suspect the MDL already knows that.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

14 hours ago, Jacque67 said:

WASHINGTON — President Trump asked the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, to shut down the federal investigation into Mr. Trump’s former national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, in an Oval Office meeting in February, according to a memo that Mr. Comey wrote shortly after the meeting.
“I hope you can let this go,” the president told Mr. Comey, according to the memo.
The existence of Mr. Trump’s request is the clearest evidence that the president has tried to directly influence the Justice Department and F.B.I. investigation into links between Mr. Trump’s associates and Russia.
Mr. Comey wrote the memo detailing his conversation with the president immediately after the meeting, which took place the day after Mr. Flynn resigned, according to two people who read the memo. The memo was part of a paper trail Mr. Comey created documenting what he perceived as the president’s improper efforts to influence an ongoing investigation. An F.B.I. agent’s contemporaneous notes are widely held up in court as credible evidence of conversations.
Mr. Comey shared the existence of the memo with senior F.B.I. officials and close associates. The New York Times has not viewed a copy of the memo, which is unclassified, but one of Mr. Comey’s associates read parts of the memo to a Times reporter.
“I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go,” Mr. Trump told Mr. Comey, according to the memo. “He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go.”
Mr. Trump told Mr. Comey that Mr. Flynn had done nothing wrong, 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/politics/james-comey-trump-flynn-russia-investigation.html

#sourgrapes

#fakenews

#comeylies

#looneyliberals

#evilleft

#revenge

#leavetrumpalone

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Teddy B said:

#sourgrapes

#fakenews

#comeylies

#looneyliberals

#evilleft

#revenge

#leavetrumpalone

Ya just jealous of my lucite bar with gold trimmings in my TT apartment!! 

So GOP Rep Adam Kizenger calling on independent commission or special prosecutor -the young'uns gettit!

5 minutes ago, Jacque67 said:

Ya just jealous of my lucite bar with gold trimmings in my TT apartment!! 

So GOP Rep Adam Kizenger calling on independent commission or special prosecutor -the young'uns gettit!

You hysterical Trump deniers are crazy nuts!

crazynuts2.jpg?w=200&h=255

Timeline

There are respectable liberals like Kucinich who are actually honest about this stuff..

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/05/16/dennis-kucinich-calls-high-bs-quotient-on-wapo-story-asks-who-leaked/

Dennis Kucinich Calls ‘High BS Quotient’ on WaPo Story, Asks Who Leaked

Former Ohio Congressman Dennis Kucinich, a democrat, said on Fox News Tuesday morning that there is a “high BS quotient” on claims made by anonymous sources in the Washington Post story that claimed President Donald Trump provided classified information to Russian officials.

Kucinich told host Shannon Bream, “If this information was so sensitive, then why did intel leak it to the Washington Post? Whoever leaked it undermined the alliance.”

The Democrat former congressman continued:

something is out of control here. there is an effort here to up end the relationship with russia. put us at odds. it started during the obama administration in october of 2016 when it was a peace agreement or an agreement to end the conflict with syria and all of a sudden it was up ended by people in the pentagon and c.i.a. so they were making policy over the president’s head. we have one president and he is being undermined by some people in intelligence.

Kucinich went on to say that he had read the Washington Post story very carefully and, based on his 16 years of experience in the U.S. Congress, “tracking all these things that are said about foreign policy,” that “there’s a high BS quotient going on right here.”

He added that the “meter should be going off all over town” and redirected attention to troubling leaks from the intelligence community. He said questions need to be asked about why and who within the intelligence community is leaking this information, “we don’t need to look to Russia for any affirmation here.” Kucinich went on:

Ya know we don’t need to look to Russia for any affirmation here. We need to ask questions about why is this intelligence community trying to upend the President of the United States with these leaks? Here’s the Washington Post story (holds up physical copy of the newspaper) I mean its, and all over town people are saying the President did this and that — look, I disagree with President Trump on a number of issues, but on this one, there can only be one President and somebody in the intelligence community is trying to upend this President in order to pursue a policy direction that puts us in conflict with Russia. The question is why? and who? and we need to find out.

:thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
12 minutes ago, IAMX said:

There are respectable liberals like Kucinich who are actually honest about this stuff..

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/05/16/dennis-kucinich-calls-high-bs-quotient-on-wapo-story-asks-who-leaked/

Off topic, But we have trump on twitter proclaiming as president it us his right to give the Russians this material

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Timeline
4 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

I don't remember the last Administration ever working for me.  If President Trump committed obstruction of justice, why didn't Comey report it to the DOJ when it occurred as would be the proper procedure.  Since it seems apparent he did not, and this supposed memo is only his opinion, this makes it of dubious credibility.

As to the rest of the world and their opinion of the US, that was already in the dumpster, but I suspect the MDL already knows that.

The last administration worked for the American people, as did all previous ones. I think Comey should explain himself during a hearing, as should Trump. 

Trump has a record os lying, so Comey has the advantage on this issue, but I am sure an inquiry should reveal more. 

Meanwhile the world laughs at us. It must be sorely disappointing to realize Trump is even worse than Obama.

Edited by CaliCat

18 minutes ago, ccneat said:

Off topic, But we have trump on twitter proclaiming as president it us his right to give the Russians this material

And that is 100% accurate. Sharing info with a allied govt against a common enemy , is hardly unprecedented,  uncommon, unusual or out of the ordinary. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, Nature Boy Flair said:

And that is 100% accurate. Sharing info with a allied govt against a common enemy , is hardly unprecedented,  uncommon, unusual or out of the ordinary. 

Is Russia our ally? I think not 

What has Russia done to hit isis? Not much they are in Syria to prop up assad

Was it our asset and intelligence? No. We screwed over an ally.

Is this  the way it done? Nope we have protocols for sharing intel

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
39 minutes ago, ccneat said:

The president cannot declassify or share material?  Does he have to get the blessing of the 9th circuit first?

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!