Super Uber

Case creation date changed - still in AP !!!!

175 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Super Uber said:

Update:

I sent an email a few days ago noting that I want the case withdrawn within a specific period of time, if there was no visa issued by then.

Background story:

First, they didn't bother to look at the first email and realize that I'm a male. And called me a "madam". So I responded back with an insult, noting the issue.

Second, they responded back with a very very lame excuse and a lie basically, saying they "thought" it was the petitioner emailing them from someone's email. Which is another kind of insult.

Finally, I insulted them back, again, in another email citing their lies. I also included an ultimatum denoting either an issue of a visa or withdrawal of the visa.

Guess what? I got no responses for neither (no visa, or withdrawal confirmation), and they probably ignored or deleted the email.

The ridiculousness and unprofessionalism in that embassy is completely unfathomable and overboard. Makes me wanna punch them in the face.

I am sorry, but USA is doing us all a favor to come to their country in order to have a better life, and this is not the right attitude. Moving to USA is a privilege, not a right. I understand  your frustration but confrontation is not the way to go when you pretty much are asking them for a favor. I hope it doesn't backfire, but in my opinion I think you really compromised your case.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
5 minutes ago, MaryLu19 said:

I am sorry, but USA is doing us all a favor to come to their country in order to have a better life, and this is not the right attitude. Moving to USA is a privilege, not a right. I understand  your frustration but confrontation is not the way to go when you pretty much are asking them for a favor. I hope it doesn't backfire, but in my opinion I think you really compromised your case.

They're not doing you or anyone any favors. And better life? in the u.s? you gotta be kidding. you must be living in la la land. You make it sound like we're beggars at the doors of the u.s.

Also, "privilege" is a per-law term, not a privilege in per-real life. Meaning, that you cannot legally force them to do anything, and they have the right to make all the decisions. So I think you misunderstand what privilege means.

I don't have an attitude, they made mistakes and I was just responding to their insults. So get your facts straight.

Also, confrontation is the best strategy, especially if you have nothing to lose. After long periods of waiting most of us would rather have a closure regardless of the outcome.

1 minute ago, Super Uber said:

They're not doing you or anyone any favors. And better life? in the u.s? you gotta be kidding. you must be living in la la land. You make it sound like we're beggars at the doors of the u.s.

Also, "privilege" is a per-law term, not a privilege in per-real life. Meaning, that you cannot legally force them to do anything, and they have the right to make all the decisions. So I think you misunderstand what privilege means.

I don't have an attitude, they made mistakes and I was just responding to their insults. So get your facts straight.

Also, confrontation is the best strategy, especially if you have nothing to lose. After long periods of waiting most of us would rather have a closure regardless of the outcome.

Yes it is a privilege. Is their country, not ours! Can you force them to issue a visa? No you can't! So they ARE doing us all a favor. I have a very good understanding of the words I use btw. No need to come after me, but honestly your attitude right now is not good, If you don't want to come for a better life, then why bother? 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, MaryLu19 said:

Yes it is a privilege. Is their country, not ours! Can you force them to issue a visa? No you can't! So they ARE doing us all a favor. I have a very good understanding of the words I use btw. No need to come after me, but honestly your attitude right now is not good, If you don't want to come for a better life, then why bother? 

MaryLu, my attitude is just fine. I didn't mean to push your buttons. but the facts are as is, and you just repeated what I said lol.

No, U.S doesn't have a "better life" in anyway than most countries, look it up.

Especially after trump: ask most Americans to see how many will tell you they've already planned to/thought of "jumping ship" and going to Canada or Europe lol.

Canada, and most of Nordic countries may have "better lives" standard - if that's how you want to measure it (by life style privileges).

Also, it depends on the type of visa you seek: some seek visas like DV, which is basically for those who seek the "better life" standard.

Others seek family-based, which is just to reunite them with their loved ones while keeping their job, medical care, estates, companies, etc.

Some people are married to Americans who don't want to leave the country because they have no other choice, or because they don't know any better.

But trust me, many Americans want to leave the U.S. :)

Edited by Super Uber

Good for them, it's a choice that they get to do.  There are also many immigrants who want to come here. Why ask for a visa if you don't want to be here, and think is not a good place to live?  There are Americans who were unhappy with Obama, and there are Americans who are unhappy with Trump, I don't see how that is relevant to our conversation. My point is that you are asking them for a visa, regardless of what kind, they issue the visa, and they get to say no if they want. It might not be what we want, but as long as we are the ones asking and they are the ones issuing having a confrontational attitude is not gonna do you any favors. I honestly think you have compromised your case, let's hope I'm wrong. Wish you the best! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 8/22/2017 at 8:51 AM, Super Uber said:

Update:

I sent an email a few days ago noting that I want the case withdrawn within a specific period of time, if there was no visa issued by then.

Background story:

First, they didn't bother to look at the first email and realize that I'm a male. And called me a "madam". So I responded back with an insult, noting the issue.

Second, they responded back with a very very lame excuse and a lie basically, saying they "thought" it was the petitioner emailing them from someone's email. Which is another kind of insult.

Finally, I insulted them back, again, in another email citing their lies. I also included an ultimatum denoting either an issue of a visa or withdrawal of the visa.

Guess what? I got no responses for neither (no visa, or withdrawal confirmation), and they probably ignored or deleted the email.

The ridiculousness and unprofessionalism in that embassy is completely unfathomable and overboard. Makes me wanna punch them in the face.

Sorry to hear it led you to this path, please let us know if they respond or if anything changes with your case. Have your tried having a congressional official interject on your behalf? This happened to a few Syrian K1 visa applicants before the ban and they took legal action and some used their elected officials to inquire on cases. Are you going to apply for the marriage visa?

Timeline
15 minutes ago, db2016 said:

Sorry to hear it led you to this path, please let us know if they respond or if anything changes with your case. Have your tried having a congressional official interject on your behalf? This happened to a few Syrian K1 visa applicants before the ban and they took legal action and some used their elected officials to inquire on cases. Are you going to apply for the marriage visa?

We've tried everything, you name it, we've tried it. Nothing works and most people tell you in the end to call/email the embassy and ask them.

There are no legal actions anyone can take, because it's a "privilege" not a "right". In other words, you cannot force their hands to do or tell you anything.

The ban is a different case, and most of those people had already either came to the U.S or had a visa to go there.

Marriage visa? I really really do not think so. I do not want to waste more money, time or effort on a route that I think is fruitless at this point. (this route requires longer face time; petitioner has to leave any rented house/job, but also provide a "proof of domicile", a co-sponsor, which means he/she will have to travel to the U.S to rent/buy a place; a lot of more money, effort and time that you can imagine)

You guys shouldn't look at what I did as a negative thing. I lose nothing in the end, in shaa Allah. But If I wait longer, I might lose a lot more than you can imagine.

Trust me when I say that after 9 months of waiting: all you'll ever seek is closure. That means a decision regardless of the outcome. That way you'd know what you should do next in life and move on.

If you can keep me in your dua'a, It'd be greatly appreciated it though.

Thanks everyone for your continuous support.

Timeline
On 8/28/2017 at 9:28 PM, E.Amr said:

unfortunately no , we sent an inquiry last week , and we got the same lovely Copy/Paste answer 
:jest::jest::jest: 

Amr, you should create a timeline on visa journey so we can keep track of all those at US Embassy in Cairo who are stuck in AP!

Timeline
On 8/16/2017 at 3:51 PM, C.ezz said:

isa we will be fine

Its Just stupid waiting GAME :(

@C.ezz you filed a few days before me, I am a 12/9 filer. We just sent our documents to the embassy today. How long after did they email you to pay for the visa and schedule your interview? I  didnt see your packet 3 dates on your timeline. Our NOA2 was only approved a few weeks ago on 8/4, so we waited a very long time. Scared we will have to wait even longer on AP, though  we have all of the docs and are case is pretty straightforward. 

Edited by db2016

Timeline
1 hour ago, db2016 said:

@C.ezz you filed a few days before me, I am a 12/9 filer. We just sent our documents to the embassy today. How long after did they email you to pay for the visa and schedule your interview? I  didnt see your packet 3 dates on your timeline. Our NOA2 was only approved a few weeks ago on 8/4, so we waited a very long time. Scared we will have to wait even longer on AP, though  we have all of the docs and are case is pretty straightforward. 

The reason why I gave you the information before is because I assumed you already sent USCIS all taxes and all required forms. I'm also assuming you're a K1 Fiance Visa I-129F petitioner.

It's not clear to me why the embassy asked for another I-134.

However, in all cases you can do what I did: message the embassy and find out if there any other documents remaining required (they may say wait 2 weeks to review your documents, bla bla). And when you get the "everything is OK". That's when YOU schedule the appointment on ustraveldocs.com/eg.

FYI, I didn't wait for them to send me a packet or for them to tell me I can schedule my appointment. I just did.

After messaging them about basic interview documents that I should get (e.g.: medical exam), I scheduled my appointment right away.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Super Uber said:

The reason why I gave you the information before is because I assumed you already sent USCIS all taxes and all required forms. I'm also assuming you're a K1 Fiance Visa I-129F petitioner.

It's not clear to me why the embassy asked for another I-134.

However, in all cases you can do what I did: message the embassy and find out if there any other documents remaining required (they may say wait 2 weeks to review your documents, bla bla). And when you get the "everything is OK". That's when YOU schedule the appointment on ustraveldocs.com/eg.

FYI, I didn't wait for them to send me a packet or for them to tell me I can schedule my appointment. I just did.

After messaging them about basic interview documents that I should get (e.g.: medical exam), I scheduled my appointment right away.

thanks you are awesome begad! Yes, we did file a K1 visa, I am the petitioner (female) that applied for my fiance in Egypt. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.