Super Uber

Case creation date changed - still in AP !!!!

175 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
7 hours ago, db2016 said:

@C.ezz you filed a few days before me, I am a 12/9 filer. We just sent our documents to the embassy today. How long after did they email you to pay for the visa and schedule your interview? I  didnt see your packet 3 dates on your timeline. Our NOA2 was only approved a few weeks ago on 8/4, so we waited a very long time. Scared we will have to wait even longer on AP, though  we have all of the docs and are case is pretty straightforward. 

your fiance   could pay and schedule his  interview after the embassy get packet 3 

dun forget  that he need to wait two weeks to get his medical reports

the embassy will send u  email  3:4 business days  after they got packet 3

it would be like that

Please be informed that your case is now ready for scheduling, please follow below instructions:

In order to use this system, the case must be completed with all documentation submitted per our instructions.  Applicants, who delivered all the required documents to the consular section, will be able to schedule their appointments after 3 weeks from the delivery date. The Consular section will upload your case number to the website which will allow you to schedule an appointment.  The steps to schedule an appointment are:

1. The primary applicant must create an online profile at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/eg and follow all instructions given.  All family members assigned to the case must be listed as dependents.

1. Fees: Login to your profile at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/eg, print your deposit slip ( CGI ) and pay the fees  265$ at your local CIB bank. 

3.    After creating the profile, you again log on to:  http://www.ustraveldocs.com/eg to schedule your appointment using your case number.

NOTE: If you cannot log into the system in order to select an appointment, then this means your case has not been cleared with all required documents submitted.  If a case does not have all required documents submitted, we will return the package to you for completion.  REMINDER, you will not be able to schedule an appointment if there are missing or incomplete documents.  Please follow the instruction we will provide you to ensure all documentation is completed and submitted.

An applicant who needs an interview but has not scheduled an appointment through the Visa Appointment System will not be allowed into the Embassy.

For Assistance, please call: +20-2-3531-1460 or 16872 (from within Egypt).

Interview preparation:

·         In preparation for the interview, each applicant must have and bring a copy of his or her CEAC confirmation page, passport, Aramex registration and medical reports. Also, all original documents must be shown at the interview (CIB receipt for K visa applicants, Birth, marriage, divorce…etc). Additional documents should be brought depending on the type of visa (proof of relationship, photos…..etc) – please see the links to the left for further information. All applicants under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.

• Bring two copies of the printed confirmation of address registration to the visa interview.  Passports for all of the people included in the immigration case must be registered, and the printed confirmation must include information for every person and his or her passport. If the confirmation page(s) are not brought to the Embassy on the day of the interview or do not include information related to all of the people and passports, your interview will be rescheduled.

Regards,

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy, Cairo

Regards,

Consular Staff

This email is UNCLASSIFIED.

Official 

UNCLASSIFIED

Edited by C.ezz

Timeline

7 hours ago, C.ezz said:

your fiance   could pay and schedule his  interview after the embassy get packet 3 

dun forget  that he need to wait two weeks to get his medical reports

the embassy will send u  email  3:4 business days  after they got packet 3

it would be like that

Please be informed that your case is now ready for scheduling, please follow below instructions:

In order to use this system, the case must be completed with all documentation submitted per our instructions.  Applicants, who delivered all the required documents to the consular section, will be able to schedule their appointments after 3 weeks from the delivery date. The Consular section will upload your case number to the website which will allow you to schedule an appointment.  The steps to schedule an appointment are:

1. The primary applicant must create an online profile at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/eg and follow all instructions given.  All family members assigned to the case must be listed as dependents.

1. Fees: Login to your profile at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/eg, print your deposit slip ( CGI ) and pay the fees  265$ at your local CIB bank. 

3.    After creating the profile, you again log on to:  http://www.ustraveldocs.com/eg to schedule your appointment using your case number.

NOTE: If you cannot log into the system in order to select an appointment, then this means your case has not been cleared with all required documents submitted.  If a case does not have all required documents submitted, we will return the package to you for completion.  REMINDER, you will not be able to schedule an appointment if there are missing or incomplete documents.  Please follow the instruction we will provide you to ensure all documentation is completed and submitted.

An applicant who needs an interview but has not scheduled an appointment through the Visa Appointment System will not be allowed into the Embassy.

For Assistance, please call: +20-2-3531-1460 or 16872 (from within Egypt).

Interview preparation:

·         In preparation for the interview, each applicant must have and bring a copy of his or her CEAC confirmation page, passport, Aramex registration and medical reports. Also, all original documents must be shown at the interview (CIB receipt for K visa applicants, Birth, marriage, divorce…etc). Additional documents should be brought depending on the type of visa (proof of relationship, photos…..etc) – please see the links to the left for further information. All applicants under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.

• Bring two copies of the printed confirmation of address registration to the visa interview.  Passports for all of the people included in the immigration case must be registered, and the printed confirmation must include information for every person and his or her passport. If the confirmation page(s) are not brought to the Embassy on the day of the interview or do not include information related to all of the people and passports, your interview will be rescheduled.

Regards,

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy, Cairo

Regards,

Consular Staff

Official 

UNCLASSIFIED

Thanks so much!! He actually already did his medical on Monday and will receive the sealed envelope on Tuesday after Eid. Is that ok?

Edited by db2016

Timeline
1 minute ago, db2016 said:

He actually already did his medical on Monday and will receive the sealed envelope on Tuesday after Eid. Is that ok?

Its ok

he could schedule his  interview after the embassy get packet 3

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

hello everyone,

my interview was great,

i sechduled myself via the website after i signed up and created a profile and paid the visa fees at CIB bank, i was at the embassy at 7 AM, then we formed lines, a lady came over to the 7.30 AM line, and checked our papers, one by one we were let through, we received a number and sat down, i waited for my number to be called, it was called twice, once for the papers then a second time for the actual interview, it was for 5 minutes, the CO was a man in his mid thirties, very nice and polite, he told me congratulations, took my passport, and told me to wait for 10 to 14 business days, i was in AP for like 2 or 3 days then i got a text from Aramex to go pick up my passport. 

interview was on the 16th, passport was in hand by the 28th, i was in jfk airport on the 30th of last month. 

it was quick, pleasant and very successful.

Timeline
25 minutes ago, rima123 said:

hello everyone,

my interview was great,

i sechduled myself via the website after i signed up and created a profile and paid the visa fees at CIB bank, i was at the embassy at 7 AM, then we formed lines, a lady came over to the 7.30 AM line, and checked our papers, one by one we were let through, we received a number and sat down, i waited for my number to be called, it was called twice, once for the papers then a second time for the actual interview, it was for 5 minutes, the CO was a man in his mid thirties, very nice and polite, he told me congratulations, took my passport, and told me to wait for 10 to 14 business days, i was in AP for like 2 or 3 days then i got a text from Aramex to go pick up my passport. 

interview was on the 16th, passport was in hand by the 28th, i was in jfk airport on the 30th of last month. 

Thanks so much for sharing. Happy to see someone got their visa and wasnt put on AP for such a long time. Congrats!!!

Timeline
1 hour ago, rima123 said:

hello everyone,

my interview was great,

1-Which window was it @rima123?

2-Can you describe the CO to us to the best of your abilities?

3-Do you remember the color of the folder they had your files in? (maybe you saw it at the first window where you hand in your initial documents?)

4-Do you mind telling us if you're a Muslim or a Christian?

Thanks.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Super Uber said:

1-Which window was it @rima123?

2-Can you describe the CO to us to the best of your abilities?

3-Do you remember the color of the folder they had your files in? (maybe you saw it at the first window where you hand in your initial documents?)

4-Do you mind telling us if you're a Muslim or a Christian?

Thanks.

the interview was at window 15, the papers were taken at window 10 or so, i was in the corridor to the right of the chairs where you sit.  the windows overlooking the chairs are for different visas i think. 

2. white, mid thirties, brown hair, gentle fellow really. 

3. no i do not.

4. my family is muslim, i do not adhere to any religious denomination and i told them this at the interview when they asked me about my family's feeling regarding my marriage. 

Timeline
On 9/13/2017 at 3:22 AM, C.ezz said:

ANY NEWS ?:rolleyes:

@C.ezz sorry for asking a question you may have already answered. i just looked at your timeline and it said you were on AP, but then you got married. Did you eventually get off of AP?

Timeline

Hello Super Uber,

NVC supervisor will actually say the reason the case is on AP and they will tell you if you were approved or not? we have been on AP for 3 and half month. the CO asked for Viber history and family registration. when she asked why for the family registration he said to her marital status even tho she give him her divorce certificate. when she went to do the family registration she was told they don't isse it under "women" names and it has to be issued under either her father "which it won't show her marital status" but if they issued it under her ex it will show the ate for the divorce and that's what we did so i dont even know if it's good enough for the CO. why is your taken so long??

Timeline

hi guys, after speaking to our lawyers, they are telling us to send the documents as requested in the white slip given to my fiance. There were two X for proof of relationship and passport. We told the lawyers the CO said he will get back to my fiance on his application. But our lawyer is saying that the letter literally says we need to submit these things via aramex and that we should and this will allow us to have a receipt that the embassy was sent our documents. What do you guys think?

Timeline
18 hours ago, db2016 said:

hi guys, after speaking to our lawyers, they are telling us to send the documents as requested in the white slip given to my fiance. There were two X for proof of relationship and passport. We told the lawyers the CO said he will get back to my fiance on his application. But our lawyer is saying that the letter literally says we need to submit these things via aramex and that we should and this will allow us to have a receipt that the embassy was sent our documents. What do you guys think?

I think your fiancee didn't understand the CO. If there were marks on the white slip, then it's asking for those marked items.

They need more evidence, so just submit more evidence with the passport. Plain and simple.

It's most likely that they will issue the visa immediately after review of those documents.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.