Super Uber

Case creation date changed - still in AP !!!!

175 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Super Uber said:

I think your fiancee didn't understand the CO. If there were marks on the white slip, then it's asking for those marked items.

They need more evidence, so just submit more evidence with the passport. Plain and simple.

It's most likely that they will issue the visa immediately after review of those documents.

No the gentleman gave my fiance that paper before taking or even asking for any proof of relationship. So when my fiance saw that it was checked off, he told the CO that he has all the proof of the relationship with him, so the CO said "oh well then give it to me". So he did. But he never changed the form for him. He very clearly told him no I dont want your passport when my fiance asked if he wanted that too, he said we will reach out to you if we want it. 

Why do you think it will be a simple process? This is what happened to everyone else here and they sent whatever required docs and still have been on AP for months. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
3 hours ago, db2016 said:

No the gentleman gave my fiance that paper before taking or even asking for any proof of relationship. So when my fiance saw that it was checked off, he told the CO that he has all the proof of the relationship with him, so the CO said "oh well then give it to me". So he did. But he never changed the form for him. He very clearly told him no I dont want your passport when my fiance asked if he wanted that too, he said we will reach out to you if we want it. 

Why do you think it will be a simple process? This is what happened to everyone else here and they sent whatever required docs and still have been on AP for months. 

I've been on the longest AP time here, since November last year.

Yet, I can tell you, you should be optimistic. And you can still return the passport to them with extra evidence (but not necessary or needed at all).

For me, passport was given to me and had to wait 4+ months before I even had to send it back. And he didn't take a single piece of proof from me.

Now, since you already gave them everything .. just be patient.

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Super Uber said:

I've been on the longest AP time here, since November last year.

Yet, I can tell you, you should be optimistic. And you can still return the passport to them with extra evidence (but not necessary or needed at all).

For me, passport was given to me and had to wait 4+ months before I even had to send it back. And he didn't take a single piece of proof from me.

Now, since you already gave them everything .. just be patient.

trust me @Super Uber i think of you and your case all the time. i am constantly using your case an example to our lawyers. we will submit additional evidence and the passport via aramex on Sunday. inshAllah we hear something soon!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello I am pretty new to this topic here. Me and my husband got a year band November of last year. I hear we'll be up November of this year. So we have pretty much been playing the waiting game ever since January of this year. An been in AP ever since December of last year. How long did it take everyone before you was able to get a date for your medical and second interview? Also, did anyone have to redo their DS-260 and pay the fee all over again???

Timeline
On 9/14/2017 at 3:21 PM, db2016 said:

@C.ezz sorry for asking a question you may have already answered. i just looked at your timeline and it said you were on AP, but then you got married. Did you eventually get off of AP?

STILL ON AP

Timeline
On 9/16/2017 at 4:16 PM, C.ezz said:

3 months on AP:(

My fiance and I are thinking of getting married and retracting our K1 visa. It is hard to believe after all the hard work we put into applying for the visa to have been put on AP now. So at this point we are going to give it some additional time but are looking to get married and apply for the spouse visa. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, db2016 said:

My fiance and I are thinking of getting married and retracting our K1 visa. It is hard to believe after all the hard work we put into applying for the visa to have been put on AP now. So at this point we are going to give it some additional time but are looking to get married and apply for the spouse visa. 

you could have been put  on AP even if u apply CR1 visa

Timeline
2 minutes ago, C.ezz said:

you could have been put  on AP even if u apply CR1 visa

I know, but we wont be waiting around indefinitely to start our lives. It is what it is at this point. And as we Egyptians say, a person doesnt learn for free. :) I would rather be on AP married with my fiance then waiting around on AP not knowing if and/or when he may get the visa. I wish there were people on VJ who were on AP out of Cairo and can say they got off eventually and received the visa, but not one person expressed that happening to them.

Edited by db2016

Timeline
4 minutes ago, db2016 said:

I know, but we wont be waiting around indefinitely to start our lives. It is what it is at this point. And as we Egyptians say, a person doesnt learn for free. :) I would rather be on AP married with my fiance then waiting around on AP not knowing if and/or when he may get the visa. I wish there were people on VJ who were on AP out of Cairo and can say they got off, but not one person expressed that happening to them.

Its ok as long as you could get married and live in egypt until you get visa  .. but remember..  K1 visa is  much faster than  CR1 (Maybe two years)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.