Super Uber

Case creation date changed - still in AP !!!!

175 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
31 minutes ago, E.Amr said:

@Super Uber , did you contact the embassy after you got the new information ?? 
and please give me the phone numbers you used to contact the NVC supervisors and tell me how did the conversation between you go ? 

What we need is a number for the embassy IV unit, that's for sure.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Super Uber said:

What we need is a number for the embassy IV unit, that's for sure.

they have a lot of numbers and that is confusing 
that one is from embassy website " Telephone: (20-2) 2797 3300 " 
and this one was included in the emails the Cairo IV unit sent me before " 
For Assistance, please call: +20-2-3531-1460 or 16872 (from within Egypt)." 
and those are the contact information of US embassy in cairo , that are mentioned on this website " Visa Issuance Inquiries only through 090070600 
(Call Service Center in Cairo) from 8:00 AM to 11:00 
Immigrant Visa unit : 27972301 
or from the United States:011+20+22+797+2200 1pm-3pm (Egypt time) Sunday - Thursday except the last Tuesday of every month and holidays.1 pm - 3 pm " 

I don't know which one we should use ?

Timeline
21 minutes ago, E.Amr said:

they have a lot of numbers and that is confusing 
that one is from embassy website " Telephone: (20-2) 2797 3300 " 
and this one was included in the emails the Cairo IV unit sent me before " 
For Assistance, please call: +20-2-3531-1460 or 16872 (from within Egypt)." 
and those are the contact information of US embassy in cairo , that are mentioned on this website " Visa Issuance Inquiries only through 090070600 
(Call Service Center in Cairo) from 8:00 AM to 11:00 
Immigrant Visa unit : 27972301 
or from the United States:011+20+22+797+2200 1pm-3pm (Egypt time) Sunday - Thursday except the last Tuesday of every month and holidays.1 pm - 3 pm " 

I don't know which one we should use ?

the one ending in 3300 is the number for the embassy itself, an Egyptian answers. If you ask about the case, he tells you to call the number ending with 1460, which is for the call center I already mentioned before (ustraveldocs) and these ppl are totally useless.

I asked before to connect to the IV unit and he said they don't have a direct line he call or to connect me to.

The rest of info on this website are old and not updated.

Timeline
On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 11:34 AM, Super Uber said:

Hey everyone,

I was in AP on my K1 visa after interview for 5+ months. I received a call from the U.S Embsy., a month ago, asking to send a renewed medical + my passport. I then asked if I was approved, and they said yes and said after I send these items I wait for my visa.

As soon as they received the documents, my case creation date and status update became the same, as well as "Immigrant" was changed to "non-immigrant". Same signs of an approval as I saw on the forums here.

Status was AP after interview - never changed as far as I can tell - it remains as AP (I never saw it change to something else before they approved it, because I didn't check) - also status date never changed until now, it remains the same as the new creation date.

According to other members' posts, visa is usually issued after 2~10 days. It has been a month of calender days and over 15 days of business days.

Other than them preparing my envelop and visa, both of which shouldn't really take more than 2~10 days ... 

My questions are as follows:

1-Has anyone had/saw any similar situation?

2-Is it possible that it takes this long after an approval?

3-What else could be the reason for the hold up here?

Experts only please!

Thank you.

Super Uber

So you or your fiancé is already approved correct and here in the states now or not? Thank you for sharing so much information, you do know a lot it seems on different level, so k1 visa in AP are lowest paper works for the embassy to look at? How long did you waited again?

Timeline
2 hours ago, marmoh said:

Super Uber

So you or your fiancé is already approved correct and here in the states now or not? Thank you for sharing so much information, you do know a lot it seems on different level, so k1 visa in AP are lowest paper works for the embassy to look at? How long did you waited again?

@marmoh,

I have been approved after 4 months in AP (once on AP, your case is on a low priority, remember), and still on AP since last year. I didn't get the visa yet (like many others) because of an unknown reason and it's the embassy's fault for this delay. It has been OVER 8 months, I'm actually close to 9 months of waiting (and this is horrifying for some people).

But you should expect the worst in the trump era.

I see that you and other recent K1 visa applicants have valid concerns about the waiting time.

My best advice would be to get yourself ready mentally for a very long waiting period. If  you're Muslims, your fiance would better marry you Islamically (shar3i, but also called Orfi in legal terms), and him/her would stay close to you while this process is completely over with.

If you're not prepared to wait, then it'll hurt the both of you badly. I'v seen it happen more than once.

Other than that, I wish no one any harm or even to wait a single day. It's truly a very bad bad experience to go through.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Super Uber said:

@marmoh,

I have been approved after 4 months in AP (once on AP, your case is on a low priority, remember), and still on AP since last year. I didn't get the visa yet (like many others) because of an unknown reason and it's the embassy's fault for this delay. It has been OVER 8 months, I'm actually close to 9 months of waiting (and this is horrifying for some people).

But you should expect the worst in the trump era.

I see that you and other recent K1 visa applicants have valid concerns about the waiting time.

My best advice would be to get yourself ready mentally for a very long waiting period. If  you're Muslims, your fiance would better marry you Islamically (shar3i, but also called Orfi in legal terms), and him/her would stay close to you while this process is completely over with.

If you're not prepared to wait, then it'll hurt the both of you badly. I'v seen it happen more than once.

Other than that, I wish no one any harm or even to wait a single day. It's truly a very bad bad experience to go through.

yes, I understand the dreadful wait, but I am prepared to wait 10 years if I have too lol. so your ceac status says ISSUED, but you still waiting for your visa? now that doesn't make any since? but I heard the orfi marriage isn't legal, nothing is legal unless it is paper done with the Egyptian court and American embassy? where are you and where is your fiancé? you guys must be devastated, do u guys see each other often?

Timeline
Just now, marmoh said:

yes, I understand the dreadful wait, but I am prepared to wait 10 years if I have too lol. so your ceac status says ISSUED, but you still waiting for your visa? now that doesn't make any since? but I heard the orfi marriage isn't legal, nothing is legal unless it is paper done with the Egyptian court and American embassy? where are you and where is your fiancé? you guys must be devastated, do u guys see each other often?

My status is AP not Issued. I was called to send the passport and a new medical after 4 months, because I was approved (they said when I asked).

Legally, Orfi marriage in Egypt = being married on (sometimes sound) Islamic terms without lawful/legal registration. (The importance here is it MUST be Islamically acceptable, that way the relationship becomes halal (permissible)).

I've seen a couple on this website who stated this in their I-129f petition, during filing with the USCIS. (This is a huge proof for a bona fide relationship).

This is allowed by U.S laws, because Muslims are required to be married in order for them to be in proximity of one another in a halal manner.

I'm in Egypt and my fiance is in the U.S., We speak every night and we text. But I actually haven't been with her since last year. :(

She cannot come because she has to keep her job for her medical needs. And soon, this delay will cause us to lose something extremely important to us but I cannot say because it's too personal.

Devastating is an understatement, whatever is happening right now is surely negatively impacting our lives in many ways and the worst is yet to come if this situation is not quickly resolved.

In shaa Allah  khair.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Super Uber said:

My status is AP not Issued. I was called to send the passport and a new medical after 4 months, because I was approved (they said when I asked).

Legally, Orfi marriage in Egypt = being married on (sometimes sound) Islamic terms without lawful/legal registration. (The importance here is it MUST be Islamically acceptable, that way the relationship becomes halal (permissible)).

I've seen a couple on this website who stated this in their I-129f petition, during filing with the USCIS. (This is a huge proof for a bona fide relationship).

This is allowed by U.S laws, because Muslims are required to be married in order for them to be in proximity of one another in a halal manner.

I'm in Egypt and my fiance is in the U.S., We speak every night and we text. But I actually haven't been with her since last year. :(

She cannot come because she has to keep her job for her medical needs. And soon, this delay will cause us to lose something extremely important to us but I cannot say because it's too personal.

Devastating is an understatement, whatever is happening right now is surely negatively impacting our lives in many ways and the worst is yet to come if this situation is not quickly resolved.

In shaa Allah  khair.

Do not give up hope, Inshallah Khair, my fiancé he is there in Egypt too, we text and talk everyday, I am here in the states too, no matter what, I plan to see him every year whenever I am able to because lol it is hard for me not to see him at least once a year, I want to see him everyday, but for now I can't so at least once a year I am thankful. We are both busy working so it will keep us from not thinking negative things or feeling depress. I have faith in us, How is it that they told u u r approved, u sent them ur passport and new medical exam and till now u still get nothing? how is it that they can't explain that to you? it doesn't make any sense, I thought they say if u don't receive it within 10 days u had to contact them again? did you contact them, what did they say? i rather married here in the states, i heard marriage in Egypt isn't easy and it took us forever to figure out where the US embassy was lol so i wont marry in Egypt, will marry here in the states at least i will know where to go and make sure everything we do here is all final and good, other people's marriage experience in Egypt, i heard it was so much running around and getting stamps and validations from many places and people etc lol we almost didn't find the US Embassy to get to our interview.

Timeline
24 minutes ago, marmoh said:

Do not give up hope, Inshallah Khair, my fiancé he is there in Egypt too, we text and talk everyday, I am here in the states too, no matter what, I plan to see him every year whenever I am able to because lol it is hard for me not to see him at least once a year, I want to see him everyday, but for now I can't so at least once a year I am thankful. We are both busy working so it will keep us from not thinking negative things or feeling depress. I have faith in us, How is it that they told u u r approved, u sent them ur passport and new medical exam and till now u still get nothing? how is it that they can't explain that to you? it doesn't make any sense, I thought they say if u don't receive it within 10 days u had to contact them again? did you contact them, what did they say? i rather married here in the states, i heard marriage in Egypt isn't easy and it took us forever to figure out where the US embassy was lol so i wont marry in Egypt, will marry here in the states at least i will know where to go and make sure everything we do here is all final and good, other people's marriage experience in Egypt, i heard it was so much running around and getting stamps and validations from many places and people etc lol we almost didn't find the US Embassy to get to our interview.

Thank you for your kind words.

I think you missed the part about the difference between legal and Islamic marriage, which I tried to clarify.

You don't need to jump places for an Islamic marriage, all you need are an Imam, your wali/guardian and 2 witnesses. That way the relationship is halal. It only needs to be verbal, so you can also do it over the phone or Internet. This is called establish a contract (كتب كتاب)

Other than that he has to pay you a dowry before consummation. No hassles needed.  Simple enough? :) 

And it is my sincerest advice to you both as my brother & sister in Islam, so that Allah blesses your union - to be Islamically married. You can read more on this on any fatwa website such as Islamqa.info or Islamweb.net

What you're going to do in the U.S is legalize the marriage in a court house, that's all.

Also, 10 days time is only when the status becomes "Issued".

I and others on this site were told through a phone call from the embassy that we're approved and requested passport and a NEW medical.

This is steps was new to me. but it is what happened.

Ever since, they have no issued any visas and they didn't give a single reason other than the typical response you already know about.

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Super Uber said:

Thank you for your kind words.

I think you missed the part about the difference between legal and Islamic marriage, which I tried to clarify.

You don't need to jump places for an Islamic marriage, all you need are an Imam, your wali/guardian and 2 witnesses. That way the relationship is halal. It only needs to be verbal, so you can also do it over the phone or Internet. This is called establish a contract (كتب كتاب)

Other than that he has to pay you a dowry before consummation. No hassles needed.  Simple enough? :) 

And it is my sincerest advice to you both as my brother & sister in Islam, so that Allah blesses your union - to be Islamically married. You can read more on this on any fatwa website such as Islamqa.info or Islamweb.net

What you're going to do in the U.S is legalize the marriage in a court house, that's all.

Also, 10 days time is only when the status becomes "Issued".

I and others on this site were told through a phone call from the embassy that we're approved and requested passport and a NEW medical.

This is steps was new to me. but it is what happened.

Ever since, they have no issued any visas and they didn't give a single reason other than the typical response you already know about.

Islamic marriage, I understand, but I don't want to do anything to void our k1 visa at this point. I think they should give us reasons right of a wait that is longer than their quoted time? lol since the quote is wait several weeks not several years lol, so u gave them new medical and send the passport and has nothing and heard nothing for 4 months?

Timeline
27 minutes ago, marmoh said:

Islamic marriage, I understand, but I don't want to do anything to void our k1 visa at this point. I think they should give us reasons right of a wait that is longer than their quoted time? lol since the quote is wait several weeks not several years lol, so u gave them new medical and send the passport and has nothing and heard nothing for 4 months?

Islamic/shar3i marriage does not void the visa (assuming you didn't even want to tell the embassy). But even if they knew, it's technically legal. Because, as I mentioned before, religious or traditional marriages that are not legally documented are recognized by U.S immigration law. But then again, there's no need for them to know, and they'll never know.

Also, I mentioned before a couple on this website who have applied for a K1 visa and stated in their petition that they're "Islamically married (orfi) for the sake of being halal" - guess what they were approved and they're in the U.S now. :)

With the U.S embassy in Cairo, there's no "should" or "must". They want to do things their own way without having to answer to anyone. And they rarely give a reason to anyone.

And to answer your question: Yes I have never heard for 4+ months, since the so-called approval.

But, alhamdulilah for everything.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
10 hours ago, Super Uber said:

Any news @E.Amr or @C.ezz?

Nope :huh:

63 days since  interview without any updates

i called  NVC today to  do inquiry but they advice me to contact Embassy  .

It would be useless to call  or email  >.<

Timeline

Well, I wanted to tell you guys that I have news but something is still cooking (in progress) .. So make duaa for me.

I also wanted to tell you that I recently recalculated my total wait time.

Turns out it has been over 9 months since interview.

So bad, isn't it?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.