22 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Dutchster said:

I would not use the sentence 'immediately upon his arrival' since that is kind of impossible too. I'm seconding what Geowrian says; Let your future employer write everything down and hand sign it.

Good luck with the expedite and the job.

It'll be signed and everything when they give me the final copy, I can ask them to change the tense so that it's more appropriate for when I'm actually in the US though. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Ksenia_O said:

I sent a Letter along with a job offer, where I explained why i think it will be a hardship for me if i miss that employment.... 

If your request to expedite your EAD is accepted, USCIS will send you a letter (via e-mail or regular letter - it's a random. My son received a regular letter in 5 days, I - e/mail the next day). you will be given a fax number and some other info and directions... Just follow what the letter tells you to do.

Good luck! 

Okay, I guess I can write up my own letter as well. Thanks for the help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

You may also request that they list any benefits you will have through that job, to show what you'll lose out on if the expedite isn't granted. The idea is to show not only financial hardship but financial loss (including benefits) should you miss out on this opportunity. 

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
55 minutes ago, SparklePony said:

You may also request that they list any benefits you will have through that job, to show what you'll lose out on if the expedite isn't granted. The idea is to show not only financial hardship but financial loss (including benefits) should you miss out on this opportunity. 

This is what I did. I did not request an expedite based on financial hardship, but based on financial loss to an individual (me in this case). The company I'll be working for offers some good benefits including stocks. I listed that on the cover letter of the evidence I sent along with the yearly salary, other benefits like insurances along with the actual offer letter that stated all those things and it was approved in less than 48 hours after sending it in. I know that every case is different and I totally could've just gotten super lucky, but it did work for me. 

It's a very casual part-time job so it doesn't come with any benefits, unfortunately.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It's a very casual part-time job so it doesn't come with any benefits, unfortunately.

The job I had when I expedited my EAD, also wasn't beneficial... No need really to list all possible benefits you might have with a job. Being new in the country and when you have to start from the scratch.. very often the opportunists are hard to come by and I believe any missing job offer would be a hardship and "a financial loss to an individual".

My "cover/explanation" Letter was short.. 

"Thank you for your response to my inquiry and review of my case.

I am contacting you in the hopes that you could expedite  my Employment Authorization Document (I -765).

I have a pending job offer (position, company). Similar opportunities are hard to come by. This would be my only income, and if I lose the job offer, it will be really the financial loss for me.

Should you have any questions or need further information, please contact me... "

I faxed the Letter along with my job offer paperwork and next day my EAD got approved (e-mail),

In 5 days i received my card.

Good luck!

Edited by Ksenia_O

The job I had when I expedited my EAD, also wasn't beneficial... No need really to list all possible benefits you might have with a job. Being new in the country and when you have to start from the scratch.. very often the opportunists are hard to come by and I believe any missing job offer would be a hardship and "a financial loss to an individual".

My "cover/explanation" Letter was short.. 

"Thank you for your response to my inquiry and review of my case.

I am contacting you in the hopes that you could expedite  my Employment Authorization Document (I -765).

I have a pending job offer (position, company). Similar opportunities are hard to come by. This would be my only income, and if I lose the job offer, it will be really the financial loss for me.

Should you have any questions or need further information, please contact me... "

I faxed the Letter along with my job offer paperwork and next day my EAD got approved (e-mail),

In 5 days i received my card.

Good luck!

That's really helpful, thanks. It's good to know other people have been approved without having to provide loads of evidence. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

That's really helpful, thanks. It's good to know other people have been approved without having to provide loads of evidence. 

You are very welcome :)

The only evidence USCIS will ask you to provide will be a pending job offer. That's it. The  rest - cover/explanation letter and etc.. - it's all just to support your request.. To let them know  the job offer is really important for you.

It seems like USCIS tends to approve a request to expedite EAD if a person has a pending job offer  (no matter how beneficial is a possible employment). 

I had to expedite EAD twice - my first one, and its renewal - i didn't expect my AOS would take 15 months, and EAD renewal paperwork was filed very late.. To keep working I had to expedite the renewal. :(

Any way - both times successful.  

Once again  - good luck with your immigration journey and future employment!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.