honeypie84

ROC received RFE notice on Monday Help!!! (merged)

54 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
11 minutes ago, mallafri76 said:

Doesn't bode well that he's yelling at you already and over a simple thing like that. 😞

Was the letter from your friend the only bona fida evidence you sent? Those letters carry little to no weight.

Forget about the car deed, most on CR/IR-1 don't have comingling of finances yet. What you need is pictures together, passport stamps/boarding passes of trips taken to see each other, chat logs, emails etc. 

I don't think this is for the I-130 or visa...her profile says it's for Removal of Conditios.  If so, there should be evidence e of living together, as OP has been in the US for goIng on two years.  Joint apartment or house lease?  Joint bank accounts?  Joint credit card?  Names on utilities?  Anything that shows you're receiving mail at the same address?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Your husband is probably frustrated with this process and you adding pressure.

Why didn't you guys set these things up long time ago.

I don't think going to put your name on his bank account right now will change anything. It will be too convenient due to the timing.

Get affidavit of support letters, more pictures of you and him. I would include pictures of you two that are on any social media platform.

But first, slow down...take a deep breath ..give it  a couple of days then get to working on responding to RFE. Give your husband a little break..do some brainstorming to see what will be sufficient  then seek his help from there.

this can get frustrating for anyone.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

RFE from uscis asking for more evidence. That's what I try to set and talk to hike about going somewhere to find out what else we can get but he just yelled on me. He used to talk to me like that every time I ask about paperworks, and one thing I asked him if he could add me on his health insurance and told him he don't need to worry about the payment because as soon I could go back to my work I will give him the money for the insurance but he didn't have plan to do it, so I don't know what to do to him. As of now I'm just waiting the utility bills because he added my name last week, I have the IRS transcript for year 2016 and letter from my friend that's all I have for now.!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 minute ago, honeypie84 said:

RFE from uscis asking for more evidence. That's what I try to set and talk to hike about going somewhere to find out what else we can get but he just yelled on me. He used to talk to me like that every time I ask about paperworks, and one thing I asked him if he could add me on his health insurance and told him he don't need to worry about the payment because as soon I could go back to my work I will give him the money for the insurance but he didn't have plan to do it, so I don't know what to do to him. As of now I'm just waiting the utility bills because he added my name last week, I have the IRS transcript for year 2016 and letter from my friend that's all I have for now.!

Tax returns for 2015 also.

The highlighted in your text really puzzled me. You have to pay him back? What kind of marriage is this?

Timeline

yes I have to pay for him if that's the only way I can provide other evidence for my RFE. But he doesn't do anything yet I told him if he want I can give him right away the money because all I need is the paperwork, we don't have any credit card or joint name that we bought any, because I was told him that our evidence we sent together my I-751 is very thin and sufficient but he have no reaction. I couldn't sleep thinking about this and he don't feel like his worrying all he ask me if I think where we go for vacation.

OP you really need to calm down and relax. I also read your other post for some back story. Your husband is probably yelling at you because you are panicking, stressed out, and worried. This is not the end of the world. First you need to ask yourself, are you in a real bonafide marriage? I'm sure the answer is yes, so you have nothing to worry about. They are only asking for more evidence of that. People are giving you different examples of things you could possibly do or send for additional evidence. It does not mean you need to do them all or that they are mandatory. It probably would be very difficult for your husband to add you to a loan that he just recently acquired. But that's okay because there are many other things you can do. As you consider what to do, try to relax and talk to your husband calmly. Sometimes employers provide a free life insurance policy to their employees, if that's the case if he has you as the beneficiary that could be provided. Just look at all of the examples people are giving you and gather what you can. most of all RELAX. You will get through this. 

Timeline

Thanks for all the responds and advice guys! but the only thing comes my mind is that health insurance because that's all I can see better evidence but he always complained the cost even I already told him I would pay and I'm just waiting the call to go back to work somehow so there's nothing to worry but that's up to him if he wants, 

Filed: Other Country: South Africa
Timeline

If you don't have a  joint bank account, try these options:

1. Another letter, but from a close family member or neighbor.

2. Photographs of you two together (place into album) for the past year.

3. Tax transcript for 2015.

4. Copies of mail/bills coming on your name to the residence.

ANY other document you can think of that validates this marriage in the past two years!

Speak to him calmly and request that he work together with you on this and treat this matter more urgently than where to go on vacation.

Timeline

We don't have utility bills yet he just add me on bills last week so it won't be update until the next bills, we already sent pictures together with family when I sent my I-751 last year, for my RFE now all I have letter from 2 friends who knows with me and him and still leaving together, and tax return copies and the transcript from IRS that was 2016 because 2014-2015 we already sent. This RFE is so frustrated plus husband don't welling to cooperate 

Actually the vacation is a good idea. If you have receipts of traveling together on vacation and pictures together vacationing that seems like pretty good evidence to me.

Timeline

We went for vacation in Canada last year but we don't have any receipts because we just ride car going there and the hotel is only my name on it, we don't have pictures also just only me and my stepchild son the pictures husband didn't like pictures

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
1 minute ago, honeypie84 said:

We went for vacation in Canada last year but we don't have any receipts because we just ride car going there and the hotel is only my name on it, we don't have pictures also just only me and my stepchild son the pictures husband didn't like pictures

I hate to be the bad guy on the forum and point this out, but somebody has to. You are asking strangers on the Internet to tell you which evidence to use to prove that your marriage is real, while you have failed to provide enough on your own to satisfy the removal of conditions. Nobody knows which evidence to use better than you and your husband.

An RFE for proving you have a legitimate marriage is annoying, but it shouldn't be hard. Your husband should have known this would come up and been preparing for at least 2 years. Not liking pictures is no excuse. I also don't like pictures. I hadn't had a picture taken of me in years, and I don't think I've ever taken a selfie in my life. But since my wife has immigrated, I've been taking way more pictures knowing that in 2 years, I need to remove the conditions on her green card.

I'm currently unemployed. I lost my job right before my wife immigrated. So I don't even have insurance for myself let alone her. I also haven't had her put on the apartment lease because we plan to move. We also haven't visited my father yet. You could say there are a bunch of gaps in our evidence. Yet I'm almost certain we would still be fine. We have framed wedding pictures on our apartment wall. We've taken pictures of many meals and outings we've shared. She has her driver's permit and I'm teaching her to drive so she can get her license. We bought bikes together, the same model, and have been riding trails together. I've uploaded videos to YouTube about our trail riding. I've completely changed my diet and where we shop for groceries. I have her on my car insurance. I have pictures of when she met my aunt who was visiting nearby recently. I have her on our joint bank account. I've completely changed my wardrobe based on her dislike of my old clothes. Tomorrow, we are meeting some old college friends of hers who have also immigrated to our area. There are literally more things I could use as evidence than whoever reviews our application will be willing to read about.

That should be the case for any legitimate marriage over the case of 2 years. I get that it's frustrating to have to collect and present evidence while most domestic couples do nothing of the sort. But having known in advance it would be required, there must be some evidence of your marriage. Just prove that you've been legitimately married in some capacity. If you can't prove anything about your marriage over the past 2 years, can you really blame USCIS, or us, for our lack of belief?

I agree with dboeger1. You have been married for close to 5 years. There should be a lot of evidence of your relationship.Just try to think of what you can gather rather than worry and stress out about what you can't gather. It is unfortunate that you and your husband did not think of preparing in advance for this step that you knew would come. But I am sure if you just relax and start thinking of other evidence that you can provide you will come up with things.

Filed: Other Country: South Africa
Timeline

I'm really surprised that in so many years of living together, there's not much else you two have accumulated. I'm also very surprised that your husband isn't cooperative and that you have to pay him back?!

He knew full well what this process entailed. Continue to approach him about this the calm way so that he isn't feeling so pressured enough to yell at you.

Send what you can (get the health insurance sorted and add to what you already have).

If your husband isn't willing on the car deed, try talk to him about opening a joint bank account, however, take note that the date of the opening will reflect as very recent if you do, so be weary of this.

I really do hope that things go well....

Edited by AC77

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
54 minutes ago, honeypie84 said:

We don't have utility bills yet he just add me on bills last week so it won't be update until the next bills, we already sent pictures together with family when I sent my I-751 last year, for my RFE now all I have letter from 2 friends who knows with me and him and still leaving together, and tax return copies and the transcript from IRS that was 2016 because 2014-2015 we already sent. This RFE is so frustrated plus husband don't welling to cooperate 

Do you have drivers license? Take pic of both showing same adress.

any memberships where you both are a member? Fitness?

any animals? 

Any insurence? Are you on the car insurance? 

Are you a authorized user of any of his credit cards? 

Tax from 2015 most also have been filed as married add that one also. 

Really anything with both names on will help in your case. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.