657 posts in this topic

On 1/29/2019 at 3:43 PM, Nouchigang said:

Sorry, I feel you we've all been there, but I wouldnt expect anything until you reach 4 months after the receipt notice, that is the average for most people and for some it could go until 6 months,

If you have done your biometrics already, you can start applying and looking for jobs and try to use an offer letter try to expedite for financial reasons.

Good luck

Thank you for this! Ill try to do this one. Hopefully it works. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 1/29/2019 at 8:09 PM, Skyfaring said:

Hey! Sorry for such a late response. I had my interview on October 30th and still haven’t heard anything. I’m hoping you have had better news than me by now! 

My wife just got approved on January 18th and we had the green card in our hands on the 25th.   Our daughter however is still pending approval.  It looks like from what I have seen Baltimore is about a 3 -4 months wait after the interview if you were not approved on the spot.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Does anyone have any recent experience with the time it took for their case status to go from biometrics to "ready to schedule for interview" (not "not interview scheduled").  My wife's son (K2) came to the U.S. in December and had biometrics in Baltimore on February 5.  Five weeks later, the status online still says "case received."  After my my wife and her daughter sent in their I-485/765/131 in July 2018, the status updated to "ready to schedule" about 2 weeks after their August biometrics appointments.

Thanks - Jason

Just now, JasonGG said:

Does anyone have any recent experience with the time it took for their case status to go from biometrics to "ready to schedule for interview" (not "not interview scheduled").  My wife's son (K2) came to the U.S. in December and had biometrics in Baltimore on February 5.  Five weeks later, the status online still says "case received."  After my my wife and her daughter sent in their I-485/765/131 in July 2018, the status updated to "ready to schedule" about 2 weeks after their August biometrics appointments.

Thanks - Jason

Hi Jason, Northern VA AOS filer here...I'm waiting right along with your wife's son! I had biometrics December 26th, and my online status is "Case Received." No idea why they can't at least bother to update it so we can see the process! Good luck :) 

• 10/30/2018 POE on K-1 visa
  • 12/03/2018 Married 😍
  • 12/07/2018 Sent AOS, EAD and AP forms 
  • 12/13/2018 NOA1
  • 12/21/2018 Received Biometrics appointment letter
  • 12/26/2018 Successful walk-in biometrics 
  • 03/20/2019 USCIS online case status for I-485 changed to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" 
  • 06/10/2019 EAD/AP expedite request submitted with evidence through Congressman's office
  • 06/17/2019 New Card is Being Produced! (EAD)
  • 11/15/2019 Interview! Approved 4 hours later
  • 11/23/2019 Received Green Card in the mail
  • 8/19/2021 Sent Removal of Conditions form
  • 8/24/2021 Application received, NOA1
  • 10/25/2021 Received biometrics waiver (dated 10/21/21)
  • 11/22/2021 Received 24-month extension letter
  • 11/7/2022 Filed N-400 Online
  • 4/6/2023 Naturalization Interview
  • 5/12/2023 Oath Ceremony

Timeline
2 hours ago, ITMFA said:

Hi Jason, Northern VA AOS filer here...I'm waiting right along with your wife's son! I had biometrics December 26th, and my online status is "Case Received." No idea why they can't at least bother to update it so we can see the process! Good luck :) 

Thanks for letting me know.  At least my son isn't the only one waiting for an update so long after biometrics.  I know that the speed of my wife and daughter's AOS was very uncommon, but it seems like the entire process has gotten MUCH slower in just 6 months.  Good luck to you! - Jason

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
On 3/11/2019 at 12:48 PM, JasonGG said:

Thanks - Jason

Hi Jason!

I filed in December 2018 (noa1 on the 18th) and just as your wife's son my status never updated till a couple of days ago. Now it is "ready to schedule for interview". my biometrics were in on the 15 th of January so his status should change soon too!

Did he also received a "courtesy letter to applicant"?

Best,

Ambra

Timeline
19 hours ago, Ambra said:

Hi Jason!

I filed in December 2018 (noa1 on the 18th) and just as your wife's son my status never updated till a couple of days ago. Now it is "ready to schedule for interview". my biometrics were in on the 15 th of January so his status should change soon too!

Did he also received a "courtesy letter to applicant"?

Best,

Ambra

Thanks Ambra.  Hopefully we'll get an update in the next few weeks since his biometrics appointment was about 3 weeks after yours and NOA1 was 12/27/2018.  I know we'll have more waiting after the "ready to schedule" update, but at least we know the application hasn't been lost in a pile on someone's desk.

We only received the NOA1 and biometrics appointment letter.  We did not receive a courtesy letter. My wife and her daughter didn't get a courtesy letter when they applied last year either.

Thanks again.  It's good to know we aren't the only ones waiting for any news of our application in Baltimore - Jason

Timeline
3 hours ago, JasonGG said:

Thanks Ambra.  Hopefully we'll get an update in the next few weeks since his biometrics appointment was about 3 weeks after yours and NOA1 was 12/27/2018.  I know we'll have more waiting after the "ready to schedule" update, but at least we know the application hasn't been lost in a pile on someone's desk.

We only received the NOA1 and biometrics appointment letter.  We did not receive a courtesy letter. My wife and her daughter didn't get a courtesy letter when they applied last year either.

Thanks again.  It's good to know we aren't the only ones waiting for any news of our application in Baltimore - Jason

Yes, definitely his status should be changing soon! Baltimore seems to be quite slow, at this point I hope I’ll get the EAD soon!

I received this letter to applicant asking me to bring the i693 to the interview whenever it will be scheduled even if I sent the ds3025 with my package! I thought that they may have sent it to every applicant to the baltimore office but I guess they have just lost mine somehow..🙈 

47 minutes ago, Ambra said:

Yes, definitely his status should be changing soon! Baltimore seems to be quite slow, at this point I hope I’ll get the EAD soon!

I received this letter to applicant asking me to bring the i693 to the interview whenever it will be scheduled even if I sent the ds3025 with my package! I thought that they may have sent it to every applicant to the baltimore office but I guess they have just lost mine somehow..🙈 

What is driving me nuts is the inconsistency with USCIS. My wife and I had a nightmare trying to get a SSN after she arrived on her K1 (Need SAVE System verification but took to long to process). We filed AOS at end of January had biometrics  in Feb and now have an Interview scheduled in 2 weeks. We did not receive a letter to bring an i693 but on the appointment confirmation document the had the generic list of all of the things to bring to the interview. 

Ambra,

What format was it in. Just a normal computer paper with USICS letterhead? I am going to go through my records just in case. I would hate to have my wife go through another medical exam this late in the game. 

Edited by Nixhound

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Nixhound said:

What is driving me nuts is the inconsistency with USCIS. My wife and I had a nightmare trying to get a SSN after she arrived on her K1 (Need SAVE System verification but took to long to process). We filed AOS at end of January had biometrics  in Feb and now have an Interview scheduled in 2 weeks. We did not receive a letter to bring an i693 but on the appointment confirmation document the had the generic list of all of the things to bring to the interview. 

Ambra,

What format was it in. Just a normal computer paper with USICS letterhead? I am going to go through my records just in case. I would hate to have my wife go through another medical exam this late in the game. 

Hey, I wouldn’t worry! If you sent your ds3025 (medical) with your packet when you filed you are fine! They sent it to me saying that my packet was incomplete cause the i693 was missing (and yes, I did not have it but that’s because I sent the ds3025 and I know for sure that it was valid and complete). I really think that they either sent me that letter by mistake or they lost my ds3025!

where is your wife adjusting status? So fast!

8 minutes ago, Ambra said:

Hey, I wouldn’t worry! If you sent your ds3025 (medical) with your packet when you filed you are fine! They sent it to me saying that my packet was incomplete cause the i693 was missing (and yes, I did not have it but that’s because I sent the ds3025 and I know for sure that it was valid and complete). I really think that they either sent me that letter by mistake or they lost my ds3025!

where is your wife adjusting status? So fast!

Baltimore field office which is why we are so shocked. I am glad it is happening so fast since EADs are taking forever and we still need the SSN. I hope we can get the GC soon after the interview but it looks like it will either be within a week of the interview or like 60 days. The Baltimore office seems very inconsistent. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Nixhound said:

Baltimore field office which is why we are so shocked. I am glad it is happening so fast since EADs are taking forever and we still need the SSN. I hope we can get the GC soon after the interview but it looks like it will either be within a week of the interview or like 60 days. The Baltimore office seems very inconsistent. 

Wow, so lucky!!!! Just out out curiosity, when dis your status changed to “case ready to be scheduled for an interview”?

yes I have seen that too, so annoying really! And ya EAD is taking forever, I have seen people who have been waiting for 6+ months...scary

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Nixhound said:

Yes, very inconsistent.  My wife and her daughter's AOS through Baltimore took 3 months from NOA1 to green card approval.  It was strange because there were people going through Baltimore who had been waiting more than a year.  Now, her son who applied 6 months later has already waited longer and we haven't heard anything since the biometrics appointment in early February.  I think it all depends on whose desk your application ends up on.  Some are really quick, others move at a glacial pace!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.