JBMG

NVC - April 2017 Scan Dates - Method 4: Mail processing

1,184 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
6 hours ago, Sidney and Dennis said:

I was so upset I didn't get my cc at the same time as the two others with scan dates the same as me but hopefully I'll get it today I hope :(

Wow, just looking at your priority date.. You've started this process over a year ago!! I'm sorry it's been so long for you.. It doesn't help that the NVC is telling people that we're all getting processed in the order the cases were received.. It's misleading..  Via our spreadsheet, I have seen over and over again that there can be a 10+ day gap between the earliest scan dates to the oldest ones.. Fortunately, we are seeing CC's as early 8 and 9 weeks.. They're def better this month than in February where there were many cases getting their CC's at 11 weeks..  

Hope you receive your CC very soon!! hang in there.. Just a little bit longer...  

Timeline
4 hours ago, James A said:

Scan Date April 25, 2017. Today is June 21, 2017. Just checked everything the same as before. No CC yet for me. Congrants @jbmg. Keep us updated. Thank you. A. James.

Thanks James A.  Looks like cases from Vietnam get their CC's in 65-69 days.. You're almost there, you're at day 57.. Best to mentally prepare yourself for a CC in 8 more days.. This way if it happens any earlier, you'll be pleasantly surprised.. 

Case Complete (CC) Review dept to CC - DAYS SD to CC - DAYS SD to CC - WEEKS PD to CC - WEEKS
6/1/2017 1 69 9.86 21
6/5/2017 No Rev Date 69 9.86 38
6/9/2017 No Rev Date 65 9.29 46

8 minutes ago, JBMG said:

Wow, just looking at your priority date.. You've started this process over a year ago!! I'm sorry it's been so long for you.. It doesn't help that the NVC is telling people that we're all getting processed in the order the cases were received.. It's misleading..  Via our spreadsheet, I have seen over and over again that there can be a 10+ day gap between the earliest scan dates to the oldest ones.. Fortunately, we are seeing CC's as early 8 and 9 weeks.. They're def better this month than in February where there were many cases getting their CC's at 11 weeks..  

Hope you receive your CC very soon!! hang in there.. Just a little bit longer...  

Thank you and yes I've started this process forever a go we did the i130 then the i601a and biometrics etc I just want this all to be over with it is stressful and expensive but hopefully within the next few day I will hear something good 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Sidney and Dennis said:

Quick question.... when you check your status for nvc I know it says "action required" when the case has not been closed but does it say something else if they are going to send a checklist 

5 minutes ago, Erin&Alex said:

I don't think so, but I have been reading some conflicting information about this.  Regardless if your status changes to "At NVC" and AOS line disappears, it could still mean you have a checklist.  That is why it is so important to call and confirm your case has been completed and to see if there were/are any issues with the case.  I see on @JBMG awesome spreadsheet you have a scan date of 4/26.  Have you contacted NVC recently to get a status on your case?  

Great question @Sidney and Dennis

I agree with @Erin&Alex comment..  Always confirm with the NVC after you see your status change to "AT NVC"..  Recent cases that have received a checklist which required them to resubmit documents to the NVC, their status didn't change to "AT NVC".... But in the past it did.. 

When you get a checklist, you'll get an email... For example, @TheFroggy received a checklist email yesterday but I didn't.. We both got our CC's yesterday. But TheFroggy checklist doesn't require him to resubmit his documents to the NVC. Just asks him to bring his corrected AOS form and 2016 w2 info to the interview. 

Meanwhile, here you can find  Visa Status Examples / Stages. To see the examples/descriptions of each stage, please scroll down after clicking on the link. 

Thanks, JBMG

2 minutes ago, JBMG said:

Great question @Sidney and Dennis

I agree with @Erin&Alex comment..  Always confirm with the NVC after you see your status change to "AT NVC"..  Recent cases that have received a checklist which required them to resubmit documents to the NVC, their status didn't change to "AT NVC".... But in the past it did.. 

When you get a checklist, you'll get an email... For example, @TheFroggy received a checklist email yesterday but I didn't.. We both got our CC's yesterday. But TheFroggy checklist doesn't require him to resubmit his documents to the NVC. Just asks him to bring his corrected AOS form and 2016 w2 info to the interview. 

Meanwhile, here you can find  Visa Status Examples / Stages. To see the examples/descriptions of each stage, please scroll down after clicking on the link. 

Thanks, JBMG

Yes I understand but It changed from "action required" to "pay missing fee" but when I checked online it said my fee is paid 

1 minute ago, Sidney and Dennis said:

Yes I understand but It changed from "action required" to "pay missing fee" but when I checked online it said my fee is paid 

I don't know if they are having computer problems but it keeps changing my status from "action required" to "pay missing fee" back and forth on the ceac website. I know I paid and it says I paid but it keeps switching my status every few minutes 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Sidney and Dennis said:

I don't know if they are having computer problems but it keeps changing my status from "action required" to "pay missing fee" back and forth on the ceac website. I know I paid and it says I paid but it keeps switching my status every few minutes 

Very strange.. maybe they're working on your case as we speak... ?? Never heard of that happening before.. 

3 minutes ago, JBMG said:

Very strange.. maybe they're working on your case as we speak... ?? Never heard of that happening before.. 

I was thinking the same thing maybe they are working on my case now but I don't know I keep trying to call but I can't get through because of high call volumes but I'm praying they are working on my case now and I'm praying for good news because like I said my fees are paid and it says it on their website when I click on the pay fees 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, JBMG said:

I think it's a good strategy. I personally decided that I would start calling after 9 weeks.. Maybe i was scarred from the USCIS process; calling each month only to hear, we're running behind, just a little bit longer..   Also, i knew from our spreadsheet and forum that even if one made it to the review dept, didn't mean they were going to get a CC right away.. Times varied from 1-2 days to 14+ days... 

Def looks like from other cases from Nigeria that it's very possible to have your CC before 9 weeks. You're at day 58.. So from other Nigeria scan dates, you could receive your CC any day now. Wishing you luck. 

And the great thing by not calling is that it frees up the lines for those trying to confirm their CC's or receipt of docs, etc..

Did you confirm that you have the correct police certificate? Other cases from Nigeria seemed to have had that problem.. Hope you don't have any problems. 

Well, here's hoping to get a CC before 9weeks...

My police certificate actually has 2pages, but sending to NVC is 3pages(the certificate itself and the finger print page) because I needed to scan the finger print page front page n back page.....

Just alil worried abt its expiry date, got it in April and its valid for 3months.......

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
11 hours ago, waqsha said:

UPDATE:   As of 6/20/2017 supervisor has requested my file and cannot be expedited any further.  As soon he or she gets it, it will take them 1 min to review and check for the official municipal secretary's stamp on the birth certificate.  I was also told to expect a call today from supervisor...still waiting.  Praying for a CC by end of week. I already spoke with my Congresswoman's office and will pay them a visit Monday if I don't hear anything from NVC by Monday afternoon.  

Congrats to everyone who have gotten their CCs!  

Hello!

I have finally received my CC!  Wed 6/21/17 at 11 PM EST received a phone call from NVC Supervisor.  She has found that birth certificates issued by our municipality back home have always been in English.  She doesn't understand why someone at NVC would issue the checklist requesting birth certificate in native language when the issuing authority always has them in English.  So excited!!!!  She has also forwarded interview expedite request on my behalf to the embassy in Islamabad.

CEAC status tracker still shows "submit documents..."  AOS still present.  Too early to be updated... 

Timeline
3 hours ago, waqsha said:

Hello!

I have finally received my CC!  Wed 6/21/17 at 11 PM EST received a phone call from NVC Supervisor.  She has found that birth certificates issued by our municipality back home have always been in English.  She doesn't understand why someone at NVC would issue the checklist requesting birth certificate in native language when the issuing authority always has them in English.  So excited!!!!  She has also forwarded interview expedite request on my behalf to the embassy in Islamabad.

CEAC status tracker still shows "submit documents..."  AOS still present.  Too early to be updated... 

That's fantastic!! congrats!! :) I don't see you on our NVC Case Status Spread Sheet -  2017 (save this link in your browser) 

Please visit the following, this will update the spreadsheet with your info. 

NVC Case Status Questionnaire -  2017

If you can please explain what happened in the notes or checklist section of the questionnaire, this would be VERY helpful for other cases from your country. 

VERY IMPORTANT: please keep your confirmation email from "google forms" to edit your status as your case moves along.. Yes, You CAN bookmark the questionnaire link but only after opening it up via email. I have no access to resend your original questionnaire to you. Here are instructions on how to edit/save the questionnaire

Thank you, JBMG

Timeline

@gili @krysten.danis @amul @roodmail1

Hello, you've made it to 8 weeks, click on the following links to check your IR-1/CR-1 visa case status:

DS-260, Online Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application

If it says "At NVC" and your AOS information is missing.. Then you most likely have a completed case (CC)... Please call the NVC to confirm. 

See Example

I've discovered that the processing times may depend on the country you come from. So on our spreadsheet, sort by interview city and see how long cases from your country took to get their CC's. 

If your status still reads "Action required: Submit requested documents", you can call the NVC to ask if your case is under review. But honestly, I don't see how this really makes a difference as some people stay in review for 1 day whereas others 14 days+.. And the NVC doesn't always tell you if you're under review.. I would start calling the NVC after normal processing time for your country or after 9 weeks, whatever is later.. 

Please update the   with your latest status.

• If you have not received a CC or you are not under review, update your notes. 
    • "June 22 - Morning - Called, still not under review"  (please put date first in your notes). 

Here are instructions on .

If you have lost your questionnaire, you can redo it, I'll delete the duplication.

NVC Case Status Questionnaire -  2017

================================

Calling from outside of the US

Best 5 Android Apps to Make Free Calls to US

Best 4 iPhone Apps to Make Free Calls to US

Phone Number

NVC - 603-334-0700 [HOURS: 7am - 12am (7h-24h) EST, M-F]

Best time to call: 7-8am or 11pm-12am (7h-8h or 23h-24h)

Current local time in Portsmouth NH (NVC)

Time Zone Converter

Menu

Press 1, for English

Press 2, for Spanish

After pressing 1 for English, the options are:

1, to verify priority date

2, to establish an agent, request fee bill or invoice number

3, to verify that they received your mail

4, to confirm date and time of interview

5, to update your mailing address, phone number, email address

6, if your case is at a US embassy or consulate overseas

7, for all other questions

Good luck!! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, JBMG said:

@gili @krysten.danis @amul @roodmail1

Hello, you've made it to 8 weeks, click on the following links to check your IR-1/CR-1 visa case status:

Check My Visa Application Status

DS-260, Online Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application

oops, forgot to add the 'status' link. 

Check My Visa Application Status

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Just called NVC, told me it's on review stage. No checklist Please :)

PD 04/28

R5 Case, Parent of USC:

USCIS:

2016-09-06: I-130 Sent

2016-09-09: NOA1 Received at USCIS. Case sent to Nebraska Service Center

2017-03-31: Case approved at USCIS.

2017-04-06: Got NOA2 in Mailbox.

NVC:

2017-04-11: Case sent to NVC from USCIS

2017-04-17: Case received at NVC

2017-04-20: NVC assigned a case number and invoice

2017-04-20: Submitted DS-261 Agent Form online

2017-04-21: Reviewed DS 261 Agent over Phone

2017-04-21: AOS invoice received via email

2017-04-21: AOS invoice paid online

2017-04-26: IV fee paid online

2017-04-26: Sent AOS and IV packages (hard copy) in one package

2017-04-26: Submitted DS-260 form online 

2017-04-27: NVC received AOS and IV packages

2017-04-28: Scan Date

2017--06-22: Review in process 

2017-6-23: Got checklist

2017-7-09: Send new papers to NVC

2017-7-14: New Scan date

2017-08-16: NVC Case Complete

2017-08-23: Received NVC email about Case Complete

2017-09-26: Interview scheduled

2017-10-10 Medical (Done)

2017-11-01: Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.